1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC VCE Exams are here! Are you prepared?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like Hawk wants to design X-Wings and Tie Fighters in the future, with aerospace on his pallet. He could be the next Raith Seinar.

2. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    With any luck. ;)

Actually, I'm looking to just enter the regular old aviation field and design/build the usual types of aircraft. Until I discover how to build ion thrust engines at a reasonable price, that is.
  3. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe you could get me some of that jet fuel for my car then. She runs on unleaded, for now, but I have a feeling she could handle a little Jet Fuel. :)

Jet _ Eye, who are you using for quotes on France? I have heaps for Russia but virtually none for France. Even though I won't need that many, seeing as I'm doing Russia for section C and France for B.

4. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    Just don't quote for France... it's much easier that way :p

Russia, just quote Trotsky, Khrushev, Service and one of Pipes, Figes or Lynch... you just need on of each of the historians (ie "Unfinished revolution", "Tradtional Soviet", "Post-glasnost Soviet/Marxist" and Revisionist)

History will be a breeze with any luck... I'm pumped for one of David's paintings for France...
  5. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm hoping we get "The tennis Court Oath, or The "National Assembly" I alreday know those ones. I just hope it isn't a damned written document, or a historian quote like last year. That would suck hard.
  6. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I prefer the passages because there is more room for discussion and less chance that you may miss something... However, I think that it'll probably be a graphic this year for France anyway...
  7. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Lol...

What Larks ey Josef ol' chap? What Larks!

Chemistry on Wednesday and then I'm free...

Yawns induldgently...

For at it's end shall dawn my drinking SPREE!!
  8. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn you and everything you stand for!!! I've still got a long haul ahead of me :(
  9. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    After Wednesday, I've just got International, which I have 6 days to study for. Then I'm free...
  10. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I've got politics... it's just 8 days between exams whilst most of my other friends (ie PoT) have finished... damn them to hell!!!
  11. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I'm done after Thursday afternoon (Business Management). Most of my friends finish on Wednesday though, damn them...
  12. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL, business management? Didn't think you'd lower yourself to such a pleb subject Hawk...
  13. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I needed a 5th subject, and IP&M seemed so boring after doing Info Sys last year. Besides, I can lay waste to the lesser life forms in Business. :p
  14. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    Firm, I guess... but IPM was soooo easy, what did you get for systems? I couldn't be bothered doing it, so I did humanities!! Yay humanities!!
  15. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    36. [face_plain]

Meh, IP&M wasn't worth having to do actual work for the SACs anyway. At least in business you can study a little the night before each SAC and still get an A+.
  16. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I guess so, but IPM is still pretty easy, especially when you've done systems... then again BM seems pretty simple...
  17. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    That it is, Rogue, that it is. ;)
  18. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Did anyone feel like pissing on the Physics Exam? I felt like it would have been a lot more constructive than actually answering the questions. Thank Allah, God and Ross that Physics isn't my top 4, otherwise...*shudder*. So, it wasn't good. To hell with Physics!

Hey history dudes out there, remember you don't have to directly quote historians, you can generalise which counts as evidence. I take it no one went to the Lecture at Melbourne Uni not long ago? They said that evidence isn't just quotes, and quotes don't have to be entirely accurate...which means I may or may not decide to 'create' quotes of Pipes and Figes, running along their general line but using your own words rather than theirs! Saves a hell of a lot of reading! TO quote on of the examiners: "you're not writing a thesis. You can generalise, ie 'Marxist historians' blah blah." Firm.

For the record, I'm doing Russia part B and France part C. In my view that's the ideal way: France is more complicated and hence better to respond to in essay format.

DR, some French historians:
    -Marxists: Soboul, Georges Lefebvre, Rude
    -Revisionists: Furet, Lucas, Cobban.
    I'm only writing an essay here, I won't need every darn historian that ever lived, right.
    Well, back to the history books.
  19. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Physics...ugh. I was doing fine until I hit Light and Matter. My Physics co-ordinator thinks that the average state-wide mark will be about 40/90, which says something about this exam. I just hope I managed to drag it somewhere above 40 to make it one of my top four.
  20. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    Firm, physics is no longer a bastion of the science weiner.... It's about time for humanities to shine!!!
  21. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4
    You can say that again, Rougue. Legal Studies was so unbelievably ****ing easy. I reckon I pulled an A+ for that pathetic excuse for an exam. It was anlmost too easy.

I feel good about all my subjects now. Only two to go. History tomorrow though. It's time to really cram. I'm going to have to seal myself in my room, just as the germans sealed Lenin into an express train bound for Petrograd.
  22. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice ;)

Studied the Russian Revolution hard 2nite. Very firm session.

I've 4 hours of study time 2morrow to fine tune the French Revolution (not that I'll lead that much time) and then it's into the history exam we go. Can't wait till it's over!

And Hawk, you've made my Physics mark positively brilliant after announcing your teacher's reckoning of the average mark, 40/90. Cheers!
  23. Master_Obi_Dan Jedi Knight

star 1
    i am DONE

legal done today.
    and it was easy as.
    easy as defeating a droid.

i'll ace this exam.
    now its all over
  24. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you in year 12 or 11, obI_dan? Christ, it's 1.03am, I should really think about going to bed...
  25. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    My last one is tomorrow, unfortunately...damnit, I want to have finished already so I can get to the best part of the exam period - the party afterwards. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.