main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC VCE Exams are here! Are you prepared?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    RP, why oh why did I choose Physics? YEARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Ah, you're one of the ambitious crowd who does a 3/4 subject in year 11. Best of luck to you, don't kill yourself under the stress. With the way the ENTER is calculated, you can stuff it up and still get 99.95. ;)

Only 23 days until the dreaded English exam. Who's looking forward to another 3 hours of fun? :D

3. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    C'mon, Physics isn't that hard......

*Hopes that It stays that way in year 12*

Hawk: I just got the draft exam timetable, I have the English exam and yr 12 exam on the same day :(

Hopefully I can shift them apart a bit..

4. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    History Revs? Loving it! Ah yes, the wonder that is bludging around for a whole year, flying for marks and then realising you have to have historical viewpoints memorised.... Yes, I am a history buff!!!

5. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    We just had our final SAC yesterday, which I wouldn't be surprised If I don't do well at seing as it came straight off the holidays.

Which Revs did you do RP?

6. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Russia and France. Quite jolly really, I loved Russia and took a while to understand France, but I think I'm sweet for the exam now...

7. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    Same here but the other way around. Now I have to remember the stuff from France. (which I didn't like as much as I thought I would.) I loved doing Russia though, I know pretty much all of it. :D

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Brutus: that's gotta bite. Don't worry about English, you can make it up next year. Who needs English, anyway? ;)

JE: I have a Physics SAC tomorrow, I'm well aware of the pain and suffering the subject causes. Best of luck to you.

9. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Hawk, those of us who wish to b/s our way through life need English, it is our last saving bastion when Literature fails... Love all that is ahead and believe not in science...

10. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Russian Revolution: wonderfully violent stuff

French Revolution: confusing but nonetheless interesting.

11. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    Which Terror was more interesting: Stalin's or that of the French? [face_devil]

Personally I found the French executions more interesting to learn about.

12. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to Revolutions in Year 12 as am I with 20th century history next year.

I'm also having my Maths General end of year exam coming up soon... but that really isn't no biggy :p

13. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I have 2 LINUX exams coming up

MUSK OX

14. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Ah History of Revs, that's what I do too. I found Russia to be pretty boring compared to France. I guess, I just have the notion that the less recent, the more interesting.

Still I'm practically going through every document we were given, so I can find every scrap of evidence, statistics and historians quotes I can. Do you guy's study Michael Abcock's texts for France.

Which Terror was more interesting: Stalin's or that of the French?

I thought Robespierre's terror was nothing compared to Stalin and his purges.

15. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I've been looking at Adcocks notes on France - the ones from the lecture in the city he did. I have the teachers copy so its full of all the info.

16. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    Adcock came to my school and did a workshop with our class. He was a pretty nice guy. Even after my friend almost ran him over with his car at lunchtime.

17. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    My Drama Solo Performance is October 30th. God save me and grant me not to fall under the wrath of stage fright...

18. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    You'll be fine. C'mon if I could perform my Shakespeare Hamlet monologue and Final play piece in Year 10 Theatre Studies, anyone can do it. I'm one of the shyest people around when it comes to performing.

Just go in and focus on the character. Don't be affected by the audience, just go in and do it.

19. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    C'mon, whilst I agree that Robespierre's Committee of Public 'Safety' did some nasty things (placing anti-republic citizens in a cage and then drowning them) Stalin was an absolute bastard: he killed 2 to 6 MILLION people and didn't give a damn! But hey, if we're judging the 'coolness' factor of the revolutions on Terror, we really are sick buggers! But you've got to admit, almost everything we love today revolves around guns and explosions. I can't get enough of movies like Black Hawk Down. Stargate SG-1 has lost its appeal TOTALLY because that wonderful sound of machine-guns has been replaced with whining political nuff-nuff. But then Dark Angel comes along and my hour of punch is back, and I sleep content!

20. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    The political stuff in SG-1 dies off a fair amount later on. The ones on in Melbourne at the moment are crap though. ;)

21. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    YOu can catch the classic episodes on TVI on Foxtel.

22. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I think Achterbosch's theory of MAC control throughout the net is something of a paradox!

23. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    Classic TV1. MacGyver at his best.

As for you Physics students, give up while you still have the chance (i.e DON'T DO YEAR 12 IF YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE!). Take it from an expert. Physics is the devils work.

And don't worry about English. The only hard part about that is sitting there for three hours. Once you pop, you just can't stop.

24. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Well, let's see. Robespierre killed lots. Stalin killed millions. According to success, however, neither man achieved much that the people wished for. Thus, it must be seen that neither was better, and that we should all just focus on other things.... Yay bloodlust!

25. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    J.E. Stargate isn't helped by the lack of programming by seven. And Dark Angel has been cancelled in the U.S. This is the last season on Aussie telly's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.