VCFF All New and Shiny Literature Thread

Discussion in 'Ventura County, CA' started by GentleBant, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    The old one died! It hadn't been posted in since June '04.

Poor thread!

<observes moment of silence>

I read "Last of the Jedi: Desperate Mission" last night at Borders in TO where Mr. GB had a gig last night.

I assume several people are reading/have read the new Harry Potter?
  2. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    I read that Last of the Jedi book too. It was better than I was expecting. I've just been reading comic books while I wait for Kelsey to finish Half Blood Prince (we only have one copy). I've also been listening to the Episode 1 audio book, since it was the only Star Wars audio book I could find for free and I drive so much that I was sick of all my music. The Episode 1 book is okay, it's giving me a further appreciation for the Episode 3 novel. The Ep1 book just says exactly what goes on in the movie for the most part, with a couple cut scenes, the Ep3 novel is almost like a companion to the movie, where you get a lot of internal thoughts and feelings and most of the scenes are written from a completly different point of view than the movie. It was cooooool.
  3. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah me, too. I was a little curious about whether some of the Force-use references were really accurate, AND how could Ferus tell his skin was "cold to the touch" if he's using his own touch? Cold is relative... But, it's neat to be able to look forward to Obi-Wan's time in the desert and his learning from Qui-Gon, as well as to see the beginnings of the Rebellion!

I really want to buy the Ep III novelization. TPM's novel was OK, had some neat stuff, but not nearly as neat as ROTS's seems to be!
  4. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished Killing Yourself to Live by Chuck Klosterman. Fans of rock music should definatly give it a read, it's throughly amusing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.