main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Vcon 30 - Vancouver's Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Gaming Convention

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by C-3PX, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Thanks to my mother for pointing this one out.

http://www.v-con.ca/ October 7th - 9th at the Executive Airport Plaza, Richmond

I don't know who would be interesting in going since many of the guests I hadn't heard of but I think I'll most likely check it out for a day.

2. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    They were passing out flyers for this when I was lining up for one of the Fringe shows this past weekend. While I like sci-fi, I don't follow the genre that closely so I'm not surprised that I don't recognise too many names. In fact, of those listed, I think I've only read Silverberg (actually I have read some of Roberta Gregory's stuff but only her comics, I had no idea she had any sci-fi work). That and the price tag has me leaning towards not going to this show, I just don't think there'll be that much there of interest. Has anyone gone to one of these in the past? What kind of stuff do they have organised for the show other than exhibitors?

3. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey I got asked to be on a costuming panel for this VCon! I had to decline, as I'll be in LA that weekend drooling over the REAL Padmé costumes!!!!

4. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey that's pretty cool. Have fun in LA, and happy drooling!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.