main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vector Prime Book Report

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MoronDude, May 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Uh, Jades Fire, I think it's pretty obvious that this is a joke...

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It's alive!

The funniest part of this whole thing was actually seeing CoK not speak in 3rd person and Wedge's response to it.

It would've been much, much funnier had you taken the extra step of substituting actual VP passages and taken time to modify the analysis accordingly.

3. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Is anyone going to comment on my missing interview?? I want my Sithing interview!!

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    If I would have used real VP passages then it would NOT be obvious it was a joke, and you don't expect a Moron to think about all that, do you?

5. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    Yeah, Jeff 42, I know that. I just can't believe the people who think it was real.

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, now I've just written a Review of my Vector Prime Book Report. It will put everything in perspective.

Vector Prime Book Report : A Dadaist Explanation
    By Moron Dude
    Frequent allusions to sexuality have led many critics to question MoronDude's spirit. However, in Vector Prime Book Report, MoronDude demonstrates none of the ill effects that the Cuban Symbolist school had on many writers of the period. In the following paragraphs, I will show that MoronDude's triumphant writing is representative of the strong Positivist ideals of the author's time. This claim is buttressed by three points: (1) the reknown use of political commentary in Vector Prime Book Report, (2) MoronDude's drug-influenced take on satire throughout the book, and (3) the author's brave incorporation of sensuality depite the influence of the Romantic school.

How can I put this... these themes are most evident in first chapter of Vector Prime Book Report, for that is when MoronDude's often drug-influenced prose shines most brightly. Vector Prime Book Report's use of human nature is in keeping with its Dadaist point-of-view. This is probably why Captain Sawyer is such a simple character.

MoronDude's prose is so usually famous that we often take for granted lines like "Six of the men were immigrants; the others were women." (MoronDude 84) In the tenth chapter the reader is presented with a paradox: though the characters seem unable to escape the patriarch, they are simultaneously famous and wrong-headed. Of course, this is only a guess.

These themes are most evident in first chapter of Vector Prime Book Report, for that is when MoronDude's often insane prose shines most brightly. It's quite obvious that MoronDude's spirit was tenuous at best by the time Vector Prime Book Report was completed. To see how this supports my previous claim is quite trivial; parts of the book's twelfth chapter are often cited as evidence.

Vector Prime Book Report remains the most important exploration of reality ever committed to paper. Perhaps it's time that scholars reevaluated their estimation of the book. Though contemporaries found MoronDude's use of human nature half-baked, history will vindicate Vector Prime Book Report. God rest ye, Moron MoronDude.

The End

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I'm still missing an interview...

8. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    MoronDude, you need a girlfriend or a hobbie or something...

or

maybe I need to start dabbling in the narcotics before i read your posts...

cause i dont really find the humor in them. i see what you did there with the cut and paste.. but i fail to see the humor. not to be harsh or anything but why go through the trouble?

and to all of you who thought it was real book report...

WEAR IT SUCKERS!!!!!

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    You don't see any humor in it?

Sheesh, I thought it was obvious.

The "reports" are clearly fake, yet some really took it serious. That is funny in and of itself. Then we have people telling other people it's fake. Then those same people try to insult me by telling ME it's a fake report, like I was trying to trick people. It's sort of a personality study on my part.

Anyway, I NEVER thought this stupid little Psudo-Report would go on so long... of course, I'm the one who keeps it going.

10. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
  11. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Still waiting for someone to help me...

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, maybe you'll get your damned interview when the Attack of the Clones book comes out.

13. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    "... a fellow of infinite jest..."

((I realise this is a complete farce, it really is funny))

you must have some interesting stuff growing in yer backyard boy.

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm glad someone appreciates the time and effort I put in to make an ass out of myself.

15. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    You REALLY aren't going to let this die, are you. Blatant thread extension attemp. (I would know, I do it with all my threads :) ). It was mildly amusing. And, uh, whoever wanted the interview, try force.net book section, unjoh, or go to altavista and type in "R. A. Salvatore + Vector Prime + Interview". One of em will probably get you an interview.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    At LEAST give me a nomination for "Most Braindead Thread" at this years ceremony.

17. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    No way. This is by far not the most braindead. There are way stupider ones.

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, I'm hoping to get some nomination for the effort I put in to make these sound believeble.... yeah right!

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    If no one likes this thread, I may have to do another book report on Star By Star... :D

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I will begin writing my book report on Star By Star now.. I'll read the book after I write my review of it!

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I warned you!

22. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "The funniest part of this whole thing was actually seeing CoK not speak in 3rd person and Wedge's response to it."

I try. :)

23. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    This is still around? Cool! Let other people read the mastery of my foolish words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.