main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Vegemite for morons

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Katana_Geldar, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I think FF Oceania needs good old fashioned debate thread.

Yeah, well, you get that from Launceston. I went there once.... ugh. Never again. [face_plain]

:p

It's okay, there isn't a FF Tasmania, they can't hurt me! :D

2. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    You mean a debate quote thread.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    No, that would surely follow.

E_S

4. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    They go hand-in-hand, don't they?

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think you need between 2 and 4 posts to constitute "favourite..." worthiness...

E_S

6. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Ender_Sai posted:

Yes, but to be fair LINQ none of them actually have been to America or know Americans; they just regurgitate some other trendy lefty anti-American opinion they picked up somewhere.

E_S
    [hr]

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately, about 50% of my fellow Americans are really good at regurgitating some sort of trendy propaganda he said she said with no real basis or evidence. I find it quite annoying. I will admit that lots of Americans think they know better than everyone else, or that some how we are much more enlightened than the rest of the world. That kind of embarrases me. I have been all over this world, and I have found so many folks that are no different than Americans. Some are good, some are bad. Some smart, some not so smart. Some self absorbed, some not. You catch my drift.

[b]Katana_Geldar[/b] posted:
    [hr]
    It's simply a case of tall poppy syndrome
    [hr]

I am still trying to figure out "Tall Poppy."[face_confused] I am sure it is pretty funny (to an American) kind of like "Donnybrook." I love that! I know, I am a stupid American! [face_tongue]

[b]Sai-Mera_saa[/b] posted:
    [hr]
    I've been to American more times than I care to remember and if nothing else there is one generalisation that I must (without malice) say is true - most Americans are globally blind. As a result they tend to do silly things like assume people can't see through their facade of policies to the truth of human greed.
    [hr]

Yeah, that's true. I am sorry about that too. The really stupid thing is that a lot of Americans are not just "Globally Blind," but they actually believe that they DO know everything about everywhere else. Being just globally blind would be better than thinking you know everything I guess.

I have met so many folks here at home that talk about other countries, foreign policy, etc. etc., when they have never left the states, dealt with politics abroad, etc. It disgusts me when someone lectures me about another country and how the people there are, and yet they have never been there and I have! It's crazy, and again I half to apologize for some of my fellow cave men Americans. Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but some folks walk through life with their eyes closed.

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    There are three people on FF oceania from Launceston Tas who all know each other

I am one of them. Would the others care to identify themselves, if you please?

BTW, my main peeve about Launceston is that it calls itself a city. :rolleyes: And the endless north vs south rivalry in Tasmania (maina is the word ;))

8. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    I'm from Tasmania and Katana_Geldar and I know each other very well. You might not get hurt by FF Tasmania cause there isn't one, but will have to answer to Viceroy_NuteGunray of the Trade Federation TheBoogieMan. Time to accelerate my plans, I'll begin to land my troops to come after you. For Now lets stick with the topic: Vegemite for morons that targets American stupidity caused by their arrogance.[face_shame_on_you]

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    WOW! I never intended that the little website I found about how to spread vegemite on toast would amount to this. *is impressed*

10. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Why don't you start up your own FF? Three people is enough, isn't it?

11. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Four, actually.

There is another. (smirks knowingly)

And while I will agree with many of the sentiments expressed about the negatives of Launceston, I warn you not to think that the people who however happily or unfortunately live here are scattered, divided, or leaderless. Well, maybe we are leaderless, but I think that Katana Geldar (excuse me others for speaking on your behalf - please feel free to diagree) has been the driving force behind our gathering.

However, be it either positive or negative, it is a well known fact that all Launcestonians know each other by some degree of connection, which renders a fan force possibly unneccary.

So watch yourselves, as I have already planted a thermal detonator in another thread and the outcome of such is as yet undetermined.

[face_devil] Mwa ha ha ha ha *choke* *cough* *splatter*[face_devil]
    Darn, I never have been any good at those evil cackles.

Disclaimer: No mainlanders were intended to be hurt in the writing of this post. The sentiments expressed were merely intended as a friendly inter-state tease. [face_peace]

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm American and obviously proud to be one, I see that we are not perfect in anyway. I do know that most people are not that warm to our governments policys. News flash lots of Americans don't like our governments policys. I do like Australia though, it has cool things to offer. Great Barrier Reef, Way different Animals, Hot looking women with accents that drive you crazy, the John Butler Trio (Played in Portland and was collecting money and adding money to the collection for New Orleans) I for one would love to visit Australia. My perception of Australian country men/women comes from skiing up in Whistler Canada, where lots of Australians go to work and ski over the winter and they all seemed pretty cool to me.

Meh just my two cents.

P.S. That Jar of Vegemite is KRAFT an American Company

13. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, you won't find many Vegemite fans too happy about that. ;)

14. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    There are moves afoot to buy it back. Can't remember who but I heard that Kraft were in talks to sell Vegemite....

15. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    I notice that you didn't say that YOU diagreed with your government.o_O

16. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    And it doesn't matter if he doesn't.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think it was the rampant generalisations, not the Vegemite, which is flogging this dead horse.

E_S

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005

Nope not a Bush Fan. Voted for Gore. He wanted to take care of our environment, not rape it!

Then for Kerry/Edwards. Pretty Eye awakening experience for me (religious voters meh)!

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Pretty eye as opposed to queer eye? ;)

20. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Merely an observation of a point made in his argument.
    (Though I really replied to this just to see how many quotes of quotes of quotes I could get in one post!):D

Oh, and
    See, no harm done! [face_peace](And I get to stick in another quote) [face_laugh]

21. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    aieeee too many quotes within quotes....

I'm sure if you quoted inside too many quotes you could unravel the space-time continu--

what am I thinking?

22. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    It shouldn't have mattered either way.

Edit: This was directed at Amaya. I didn't count on our resident spammer posting before me.

23. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    So, who's used vegemite on innaproppriate food before???

Mine would be Weet-bix

24. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I've had vegemite and weetbix, it's nice!

25. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Ive had milo on French Toast instead of cinnammon.

Not too Shabby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.