main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Technology in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    You were prescient.

2. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    No, I believe it's mentioned in the interview with Filoni that he's to work on the movies as well.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. Well at least I'll get to see some of his work on Star Wars before his first spin-off film is released.

4. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Simon Kinberg (along with Lawrence Kasdan) is working on Episode VII as consultants, each making their own Spin-Offs and Kinberg is working on Rebels as well. Which makes me wonder, what other project(s) is Lawrence Kasdan working on?

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    MODified - Edited title to give the broad discussion of all vehicles & technology in Episode VII a home.

eht13 likes this.
  6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So...vehicles in Episode 7? How about we start with having the Millennium Falcon be destroyed? [face_devil]

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to see the Eta-2 Interceptor (or a successor) in the ST

KevinM1 likes this.
  8. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Since the ST follows from the OT and not the PT, I doubt you're likely to get that wish..
    I think the closest thing to a successor would have been the TIE Interceptor, or the A-Wing. ;) So, maybe a new TIE design?

For my part, I can maybe part with the Falcon if it goes out heroically (a very very big fireball please, I couldn't bear to see wreckage!) and there is a vessel equal to taking on the mantle - there was no such example continually through the PT.

9. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Technology to capture mynocks and use them like carrier pigeons would be epic. I want to see that in ep7.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Eta-2 Interceptor doesn't have to be the most seen star fighter in the movie but I want to see someone in one at some point. The Eta-2 interceptor and the V-Wings from the movies were the predecessors of the Tie Fighters and the ARC-170 was the predecessor of the X-Wing so we will probably see continuations of that. We do need a ship that will be home for the characters of the ST. That was a problem of mine in the PT. The closest we got was the Nubian ships but there was 3 of them.

11. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

12. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    A real treat for me personally would be an AST-5 which were I suppose was EU and released by Kenner as part of their mini-rig line. That would be something special because I have special memories attached to this ship. I don't know who would own the design on those, it could just be a small easter egg like ET in Phantom Menace.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    There's an Eta-5 in LOTF, with some nice-looking fan art here.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That is amazing! I also like the look of the Aleph Starfighter. I expect we will see a new type of Star Destroyer. Don't know if it will be like the Galactic Class cruiser seen there but they will change it up a bit.
    The Bothan Assualt Frigate is pretty sweet as well.
    The Mandalorian Bes'uliik-class Assault Starfighter looks cool too. Is there fan art of the Shriek Corellian fighter?

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    My sources tell me the main villain's flagship will be a fifteen kilometer long Constipator-class Star Destroyer.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Constipator-class Star Destroyers are always getting stuck when trying to jump into hyperspace.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Laxatives... we don't need their scum.

18. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Agreed. That and the Theta-class shuttle were my two favorite ship designs of the PT.

I'd like to see something with aggressive forward-swept wings. Something like: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/conquest/ but Star Wars-ified.

dekaneas and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The PT had some good ships. Just hope they don't have something as bland as the Jedi Starfighter in AOTC. The Naboo starfighter was great. All of the Droid starfighters were engaging as well. The Delta 7 was boring to me.
    Your idea would be cool to see.

20. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    What? No one wants the E-Wing? [face_laugh]

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    How about ships that can perform intergalactic travel. I know it sounds farfetched, but it would be nice if we saw technological advancement in Star Wars that was significant and life-changing to the populace of the galaxy. Plus, it opens up more possibilities for the Star Wars universe.

22. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Given that the series has only visited maybe a dozen planets, I don't see how intergalactic travel would benefit storytelling. There's a galaxy's worth of worlds they haven't explored or even mentioned yet. Even if you go by the map given in the novels and whatnot, the Unknown Regions could still have hundreds -> thousands of planets yet to be discovered, to say nothing of the 'known' planets we haven't seen yet.

I view it sort of like what happened with Stargate. Atlantis was in another galaxy, but that didn't really open up new possibilities. The same kinds of stories were told. Did it really matter that the Wraith were from another galaxy? Did that add any more value than just saying they were from an unexplored region of this galaxy? Not really. Given what Star Wars is, I see intergalactic travel as both something outside of its comfort zone, if it were to be handled intelligently, and as an unnecessary detail, which is something the last three movies were littered with.

Darth_Pevra and The Hellhammer like this.
  23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    You're right. I just hope that the Unknown Regions eventually become known and the satellite galaxies delved into more.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I want to see a Zoom Chariot.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.