Discussion Vehicles & Technology in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by chris hayes, May 7, 2013.

1. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    You were prescient.
  2. Mange Force Ghost

star 4
    No, I believe it's mentioned in the interview with Filoni that he's to work on the movies as well.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. Well at least I'll get to see some of his work on Star Wars before his first spin-off film is released.
  4. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    Simon Kinberg (along with Lawrence Kasdan) is working on Episode VII as consultants, each making their own Spin-Offs and Kinberg is working on Rebels as well. Which makes me wonder, what other project(s) is Lawrence Kasdan working on?
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    MODified - Edited title to give the broad discussion of all vehicles & technology in Episode VII a home.
    eht13 likes this.
  6. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    So...vehicles in Episode 7? How about we start with having the Millennium Falcon be destroyed? [face_devil]
  7. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I want to see the Eta-2 Interceptor (or a successor) in the ST
    KevinM1 likes this.
  8. Blip Force Ghost

star 1
    Since the ST follows from the OT and not the PT, I doubt you're likely to get that wish..
    I think the closest thing to a successor would have been the TIE Interceptor, or the A-Wing. ;) So, maybe a new TIE design?

For my part, I can maybe part with the Falcon if it goes out heroically (a very very big fireball please, I couldn't bear to see wreckage!) and there is a vessel equal to taking on the mantle - there was no such example continually through the PT.
    Last edited by Blip, May 24, 2013
  9. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Technology to capture mynocks and use them like carrier pigeons would be epic. I want to see that in ep7.
  10. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    The Eta-2 Interceptor doesn't have to be the most seen star fighter in the movie but I want to see someone in one at some point. The Eta-2 interceptor and the V-Wings from the movies were the predecessors of the Tie Fighters and the ARC-170 was the predecessor of the X-Wing so we will probably see continuations of that. We do need a ship that will be home for the characters of the ST. That was a problem of mine in the PT. The closest we got was the Nubian ships but there was 3 of them.
  11. Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  12. w4tkn Jedi Master

star 1
    A real treat for me personally would be an AST-5 which were I suppose was EU and released by Kenner as part of their mini-rig line. That would be something special because I have special memories attached to this ship. I don't know who would own the design on those, it could just be a small easter egg like ET in Phantom Menace.
  13. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    There's an Eta-5 in LOTF, with some nice-looking fan art here.
    Darth Chiznuk and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    That is amazing! I also like the look of the Aleph Starfighter. I expect we will see a new type of Star Destroyer. Don't know if it will be like the Galactic Class cruiser seen there but they will change it up a bit.
    The Bothan Assualt Frigate is pretty sweet as well.
    The Mandalorian Bes'uliik-class Assault Starfighter looks cool too. Is there fan art of the Shriek Corellian fighter?
  15. The Hellhammer Grand Judicator of the New Film Territories

star 5
    My sources tell me the main villain's flagship will be a fifteen kilometer long Constipator-class Star Destroyer.
    Last edited by The Hellhammer, May 31, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Constipator-class Star Destroyers are always getting stuck when trying to jump into hyperspace.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  18. KevinM1 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Agreed. That and the Theta-class shuttle were my two favorite ship designs of the PT.

I'd like to see something with aggressive forward-swept wings. Something like: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/conquest/ but Star Wars-ified.
    dekaneas and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    The PT had some good ships. Just hope they don't have something as bland as the Jedi Starfighter in AOTC. The Naboo starfighter was great. All of the Droid starfighters were engaging as well. The Delta 7 was boring to me.
    Your idea would be cool to see.
  20. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    What? No one wants the E-Wing? [face_laugh]
  21. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    How about ships that can perform intergalactic travel. I know it sounds farfetched, but it would be nice if we saw technological advancement in Star Wars that was significant and life-changing to the populace of the galaxy. Plus, it opens up more possibilities for the Star Wars universe.
  22. KevinM1 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Given that the series has only visited maybe a dozen planets, I don't see how intergalactic travel would benefit storytelling. There's a galaxy's worth of worlds they haven't explored or even mentioned yet. Even if you go by the map given in the novels and whatnot, the Unknown Regions could still have hundreds -> thousands of planets yet to be discovered, to say nothing of the 'known' planets we haven't seen yet.

I view it sort of like what happened with Stargate. Atlantis was in another galaxy, but that didn't really open up new possibilities. The same kinds of stories were told. Did it really matter that the Wraith were from another galaxy? Did that add any more value than just saying they were from an unexplored region of this galaxy? Not really. Given what Star Wars is, I see intergalactic travel as both something outside of its comfort zone, if it were to be handled intelligently, and as an unnecessary detail, which is something the last three movies were littered with.
    Darth_Pevra and The Hellhammer like this.
  23. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    You're right. I just hope that the Unknown Regions eventually become known and the satellite galaxies delved into more.
  24. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
  25. The Hellhammer Grand Judicator of the New Film Territories

star 5
    I want to see a Zoom Chariot.

[IMG]