main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Venator Sector

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.lusila/starwars/pics/galaxyl.jpg

I found this galactic map on a site, and noticed a Venator sector. Is that legit, a Venator sector, and what source did it come from? I don't know if it's a fan site or accurate or just for fun.

2. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    I have never heard of it either. Great find by the way with the map, does it look legit in its sources?

3. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    No way Kashyyyk is that near Yavin. And the Corporate Sector Between the Corellian Trade Spine and Corellian Run? Even if you try to account for the map being rotated in wierd ways, some of the planet locations are still pretty suspicious.

I wouldn't count too much on it personally, there are better maps out there...

(anyone else never ever heard of 90% of the planets there too?)

Edit: It seems to have been adapted from this site http://www.lowlight.com/swmap/about.html

4. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Well, whomever created this got the names of the planets in the Venator Sector correct...another (more credible) Internet source confirms that. However, there are some major problems with the above map (such as including the planet Gerenis...which doesn't exist).

5. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Lol sector. What a great sector. It's like in Sacrifice:

"No! Yolan Bren is dead! Lol!"

"Quick...get me a bandage, Lol!"

First time I read that, I wondered what they were laughing about.

6. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    It's still conflicting with other sources (the maps in the NJO books, for instance)

For example, look at where Duro and Corellia, two systems supposed to be almost next to each other, are located.

Edit: Accurate map here to compare with http://www.nav-computer.com/

7. LastOneStanding

Nov 19, 2004
    More mistakes that I've noticed from the first map...

--Endor should be in the Moddell Sector
    --Vodran should be in Hutt Space

and yet...the first map has Endor and Vodran as virtual neighbors...and Vodran is in two locations on the map (the second Vodran being near Empress Teta)!!!

Also, Coruscant is supposed to be located in the Seswenna Sector...not the "Coruscant Sector." And Ossus is nowhere near that close to Coruscant.

In addition, the first map has the planet Arkania misspelled as Arcania.

The more I look at it...the first map looks like a poor quality knock-off of Nav-computer's one...though with a few more bells and whistles.

And I agree...I've not heard of a good lot of the planets on the first map. It looks like someone probably took planets of their own creation and added them to the SW galaxy.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    On a side note, is nav-computer going to be updated?? Its a bit behind with all the Clone Wars worlds we've been given. And its a shame to see the best map go to ash.

9. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    LastOneStanding posted on 5/2/05 5:24am

Also, Coruscant is supposed to be located in the Seswenna Sector...not the "Coruscant Sector."
    [hr][/blockquote]

I don't think Coruscant is in the Seswenna Sector, isn't that only in [i]Rebellion[/i]?

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yep. The seswenna sector is located in the Outer Rim, with Eriadu as its capital.

Coruscant is in the Coruscant Sector, me thought.

11. cartographer

cartographer Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    Hi all,

Nav-computer.com isn't dead. I nearly finished the Clone Wars map update months ago and got sidetracked. I will get something up soon so don't lose faith. I continue to keep notes and generate ideas, it's just hard to find the time.

12. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    Just checked out your website... awesome work my man! :) Really looking forward to your updates! :)

13. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    there's some guy on star wars galaxies, on either the starsider or sunrunner galaxy and he's made a galaxy map out of melons and stuff on the ceiling of his house, its mental oriental. anyone who's played galaxies in some depth will know how much of a pain moving things about is in houses. props to them for doing it though.

14. cartographer

Jan 2, 2003
    Alright, I was lazy long enough. There is a major update to the galaxy map availble now at www.nav-computer.com. Hurry and check it out!

15. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Great to see you back around carty. Brilliant resource your site!

16. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    (such as including the planet Gerenis...which doesn't exist).

You mean to tell me that Coruscant, Yavin, Ossus, and Tatooine do? :p

17. LastOneStanding

Nov 19, 2004
    (such as including the planet Gerenis...which doesn't exist).

You mean to tell me that Coruscant, Yavin, Ossus, and Tatooine do?

Heh, I guess that's a pretty good burn...

I only mentioned Gerenis because there was recently a discussion on whether this planet exists in the Star Wars galaxy. The concensus was that the answer is "No," and that any reference to Gerenis is merely a typo of the name Generis...

18. wookieepedian1

wookieepedian1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    I wonder if anyone has been able to access nav-computer.com recently. All I get is:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

It's a shame when the best map on the web is overloaded. But maybe thats a good thing.

19. cartographer

Jan 2, 2003
    It appears that the ROTS hype has spilled over to my website. I've seen a huge increase in traffic this month and that caused the site to exceed the bandwidth I'm alotted every month. Long story short: the site is down until June 1st.

I'm making arrangements to ensure that this does not happen again.

In the meantime, I've placed the galaxy map on another server of mine so people can still access it. The address is:

http://www.tikipod.net/galaxymap.jpg

Look for the full site to be back on June 1st. I've already completed some system updates that will be added to the site by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.