main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Vengeance is Mine (JA Horror) Updated April 13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediKnightCorey, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightCorey

JediKnightCorey Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2002
    Ty-gon - Tsk, Tsk, rubbing it in their faces. You're evil. ;)

Ginger_Jedi - Thank you!

yodaminch - Oh she'll be all right... for now. [face_devil]

Another post up soon!

2. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Lingo's appearance while Obi-Wan was sleeping was freaky. I liked the addition of the frozen Red Mina Bug. A very nice frightening touch. I wonder how Lingo managed to fall to the dark side so quickly. Was he already in the dark side but concealed it? Is he possessed or something? Or was his Master's death such a huge blow to him that it drove him over the edge and deep into evil? Can't wait to find out!

Something sharp pierced her hand, and she screamed. She yanked her hand out of the bag as though it was on fire, and stared in horror and amazement at the blade that went all the way through her hand.

Ouch. Ouch. Ooouuch. [face_wince]

3. JediKnightCorey

Nov 30, 2002
    Thank you, Clare! I'm glad you liked that part. :)

Sorry this took so long. We have tests and ACTs coming up, so studying is taking up much of my time. Thank you for being patient!

-

A figure lingered in the shadows of the training room. His target had just entered. It wouldn?t be long now. The sounds she made as she opened her bag were music to his ears. A delightful shiver traveled up his spine as he anticipated her reaction to his gift.

He was not disappointed. A scream of pain and panic echoed across the space where he hid. It was so sweet that he couldn?t help the giggle that escaped from his lips. The dark side of the force was moving. Her pain was almost real to him, and he soaked it up. Pain was fear, fear was anger, anger was power.

It was a strong temptation to linger and watch the reactions of her friends, especially Obi-Wan Kenobi, but he knew he could not chance being caught. Footsteps were starting to come closer, echoing through the air vents as a group of people ran for the training room. Silently, he moved through the vents, holding onto her pain and the fear that was being broadcast by her friends.

A grin lit his face.

-

Solomon didn?t even notice the sign that warned males not to enter as he hastily activated the door of the training room. Not caring if she was dressed or not, he barged in, calling for her. Obi-Wan followed, praying to the force that she was all right.

She wasn?t in the training room. Not in the main part, at least. Obi-Wan hesitated as the other boy headed for the door marked ?Freshers.?

?Sol-?

Angry brown eyes met his. ?She?s hurt,? he snapped. He turned back to the door and pushed the access button. As it slid open, he stood frozen in place. The look that crossed his features was one of pure terror.

Blood pooled around the girl?s kneeling form. Her arm was cradled close to her body, and tears were streaming down her pale cheeks. Droplets of sweat dotted her forehead. When she heard the door open, her head shot up. Her frightened blue eyes shocked him back to reality.

The few steps it took to reach her seemed like miles. He slid to the floor beside her, feeling like he was being pulled apart as he saw the shiny silver object that went all the way through her hand. Without a word, he ever so gently lifted her off the floor. He cradled her close to him as he exited the ?fresher room.

Obi-Wan, who had been hesitant to enter not knowing if she was fully clothed, started as he saw her.

?Sith,? he breathed, barely audible even in the quiet room.

Sol walked past him and headed out the door, met by Andri?s Master. The older man didn?t bat an eyelash, but attempted to take her from the younger Jedi. Solomon ignored him and started toward the lift that would transport them to the healer?s floor.

Master Irna raised an eyebrow, but followed the padawan to the transport. It took them less than a standard minute to reach the ward. As soon as the healer?s caught sight of Andri, they ordered a hover-bed.

Solomon held her steady while they waited, although she was shaking inside. They had all been deathly quiet since he had found her so as not to alert her to how scared they all were. Now, however, he wanted her to know he was there for her. Tendrils of curling blonde hair clung to her forehead. He brushed them away with the back of his fingers.

?You?ll be all right, babe. I promise.?

Andri nodded solemnly. The healer arrived with the bed. Solomon gently set her down, careful not to move her bleeding arm. He carefully picked up her other hand and kissed it.

?I?ll see you soon.?

Andri nodded, then was taken away by the healers.

As soon as she was out of sight, her Master turned to him. ?What was that, Padawan Chez??

Solomon shrugged. ?She?s my best friend. I was comforting her, which was more than you did.? The icy tone of his voice shocked Obi-Wan. It was playing with the dark side to address a Master like that.

?You will not question me. That looked like quite a bit more than a friendly kiss.?

The look that

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek:

Great tense post - the ending of it was very effective.

Great writing Corey :D Keep it up! :)

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Is she alright. Who's the next victim

6. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
  7. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Nii-iice! :D

8. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    This is a great story! I can't believe I didn't find it till now! More soon please?

9. JediKnightCorey

Nov 30, 2002
    There was no question in anyone?s mind. At first it had been said that Andri?s incident had been an accident. However, when the note was shown to the Jedi investigative team, they had determined that it had been a deliberate act. Lingo was the prime suspect in Obi-Wan?s mind, but the J.I.s (as they were known) said all possibilities had to be examined, even though the note happened to contain the exact words Lingo had screamed as he had tried to kill Obi-Wan.

Unfortunately for the young Jedi, Andri?s bag had been in full sight of everyone during the entire lightsaber match. No one had seen anyone around it except Solomon. However, Solomon?s tradition was to stick a flower in Andri?s bag for her to find after every match, and because of their relationship he was never suspected. Another problem was that people had reported that Lingo had been seated beside them throughout the entire match, although it was admitted that most of them had been too involved in watching the fight to pay much attention to him.

The only possibility was that Lingo had an accomplice, but Obi-Wan hadn?t had a real enemy at the Temple since Bruck. That meant it had to have been outside help, which would have been next to impossible. Obi-Wan was completely frustrated.

Now he stood outside of Andri?s room, watching through the window as she slept. Solomon was at her side holding her hand, his face pale. He hadn?t moved from her side since they had admitted her. Andri?s Master had been in her room much of the time, but because the two men were at odds, they hadn?t said a word to each other.

Though her wound had appeared to be only a cut, it had been more. The blade was made out of a metal called kipton. Kipton blades had been outlawed by the Republic because of the poison contained in the metal. It caused high fevers and vomiting; it was nearly impossible for the body to keep food down. The individual had to be kept on a feeding tube until the poison could be removed from the blood, which usually took around five days. When the affected individual could finally keep food down, they were usually so weak that they needed help to lift eating utensils.

It had only been a day, and Andri looked terrible. Though the disease wasn?t life threatening, watching her toss and turn and hearing her moans was hard to stomach. Obi-Wan felt completely responsible for her attack. The only reason she had been targeted was because she was his friend, he was sure of that. He just couldn?t figure out why, of all his friends, they had chosen Andri.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn?t notice the figure creeping up behind him. When he finally spotted Lingo standing beside him, he jumped. He was immediately angered at the sight of him. He looked perfectly normal, hair combed perfectly and robes neatly pressed. He was holding a bouquet of flowers. A card stuck out of them that read:

Padawan Andri -

Your accident was unfortunate. You should perhaps be careful who you befriend, you never know who will hurt you. Just some friendly advice.

Lingo

The card was what made it worse. It practically admitted that he had put the blade in the bag. Anger was starting to take hold of Obi-Wan, and he fought to keep a lid on it.

?Get out of here,? Obi-Wan said in a low, somewhat threatening voice.

Lingo smiled. ?What?s wrong, Kenobi? Surely you aren?t holding a grudge against me for the incident that took place before. After all, the Council did rule that it was only an act of sudden passion, not a real attack. I was punished, what more do you want? Grudges are not of the Code.?

It took all of Obi-Wan?s will power not to kill him on the spot.

?After all,? he continued in a silky smooth voice. ?You did kill my Master. Maybe I should apologize to you, and be the bigger person. Yes. Obi-Wan Kenobi, I am so sorry that I choked you. Speechless? Well, it?s your turn now. Come on. Just say, ?Lingo, I am so sorry that I murdered your Master?. Not so hard, is it??

If Solomon hadn?t chosen that moment to leave Andri?s room, Obi-Wan

10. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_shocked] Yikes! Lingo definitely sounds like evil incarnate. This story is so good, so spooky! You have me biting my fingernails, wondering what Lingo will do next! :D

11. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    EVIL LINGO! KILL!

*kills Lingo. Sits back and sighs contentedly*

Much better. :D

Wowsers! That's great! Keep it coming!

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I hope Soloman is alright. Hopefully the Council will get a brain and realize who was REALLY responsible.

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Yes, I am DEFINITELY wishing a hideous death upon that Lingo :mad:

Nice post Corey :)

14. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Just wanted to say interesting story. Keep it up. ;)

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *smiles evilly, thanking Jedi Knight Corey for letting him in on the plot...* ;)

16. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] Wow!! Ugh! EVIL LINGO!! Obi-Wan must have a lot of self-control for not killing him on the spot! :D This is coming out so cool so far! Great job! Chilling! *shivers*

17. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
  18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  19. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    Is there any more to this???

20. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    An UP so others can enjoy this spooky, scary story for Halloween ... and a desperate begging for this to be finished! Where did our delightful author go? :confused: Come back! :D

21. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Oh ho! Just found this. Looks great, and it's perfect for Hallow'en. I think I have an idea as to who sent the flowers, but I'm probably wrong.

UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.