main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Vengeance: Post-LOTF AU: Caedus survives. J/Z, Jahiri, Jag/Shawnkyr. Update, 9/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SithGirl132, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hello to all. I know it's a positively ungodly hour at night, but this evil bunny bit me last night and I already have nine pages of it. So therefore here it is.

Title: Vengeance
    Author: SithGirl132
    Genre: AU, drama, action, a bit of romance
    Characters: Luke, Jaina/Zekk, Caedus/Tahiri, Jag/Shawnkyr, Ben, who knows who else
    Summary: It is 3 years after an AU ending to Invincible. Caedus is the supreme ruler of the galaxy and the Jedi are in hiding, turned to the Dark Side, or dead. But what if some of Caedus? old enemies return to finish what they have started?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

It has been three years since that pivotal battle when Darth Caedus defeated Jaina Solo aboard the Anakin Solo.
    She is presumed dead. Now, Caedus is the sole ruler of the galaxy, after having Admiral Cha Niathal assassinated.

It is a dark time. The Jedi Knights have been outlawed. Many have been hunted down and killed. A few have turned to the Sith, as Lord Caedus has stated that all Force-sensitives who join him will not be punished for any previous actions.

A few Jedi are still missing. No one ever found Luke and Ben Skywalker, or many of the other members of the Jedi Council.
    Some younglings are still unaccounted for. However, most of the Jedi are gone, and the galaxy has lost hope. If the Skywalkers have not been heard from, they are obviously dead.

Or at least that?s what the official reports say.

Some have survived.

[i]None of us want to believe the official information. As I read from the latest bulletin from the office of His Excellency
    Lord Darth Caedus, it is official. Being a Jedi is illegal. All captured Jedi are to be executed if they will not turn to the Dark Side, Jaina Solo is one of the most wanted people in the entire galaxy.

According to the official news, Jaina is dead. She was killed in that last battle aboard the [/i]Anakin Solo[i]. But really, if you ask anyone who hates Jacen, they all believe she?s alive. I think I believe that too. I just can?t accept that both of my cousins are dead. [/i]

Ben read over his journal entry from several months ago. He still sounded like an angsty teenager, but there was something that caught his eye.

The official word was that Jaina was dead. That was what everyone said, and Ben almost believed it. He hadn't heard anything about her for three years.

But what if she was still alive somewhere? In hiding? Disguised? Or maybe captured by Caedus?

Ben made a personal resolution to find out Jaina?s fate. Ay confirmation would do. He refused to believe she was dead before he had seen some concrete proof.

[hr]

Ben Skywalker paced the pilot?s cabin of the [i]Jade Shadow[/i], remembering the past. So many times, he had sat with his mother in that very cabin, imagining the day when he too would be a Jedi and could join his parents on missions to save the galaxy.

It had only been three years since Caedus? takeover. Ben felt like it could have been thirty years, just based on everything that he had been through.

It had been a very narrow escape from the base at Shedu Maad. Luke and Ben had just barely taken the [i]Jade Shadow[/i] and escaped, right before Caedus opened fire on the base. Ben knew he would always carry in his mind the image of the base exploding, just before they jumped to hyperspace.

It was also impossible to forget the next few months. The whirlwind of new policies. The rapid changes that made it feel like the old Empire was back again. The disappearance of many Jedi before the Order was finally outlawed. And at last, Ben realised that the world he had grown up in was gone. He was now no longer a Jedi, alone, and fighting an evil greater than the old Empire had been.

Luke had never been the same since the battle. He was no longer interested in the Force in action, and wanted little more than to be a Jedi hermit and contemplate whatever was on his mind alone. Ben knew that his fat

2. dawn7191

dawn7191 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2007
    Yea! First post. I love it!!!! More please? Can I be put on the pm list for this. I know it'll be a long list.

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Great start! I hope all my favorite Jedi are still alive, though. [face_worried]
    Would you put me on the PM list, please?

4. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    dawn7191: Of course you get PM's!
    Ceillean: You'll see who's still living... I have a bad habit of killing lots of people though... trying not to, but you never know... and welcome to the PM list!

Jagged Fel had tried to forget all about Jaina.

She wasn?t the kind of person to be easily forgotten. She was so different from him, so emotional and passionate, and for a long time, he had hoped that they had a future together. But now, she was missing, and many people thought she was dead.

As Jag looked out at the ice of Csilla, he wondered why Jaina Solo was in his thoughts. Perhaps it was because it had been three years to the day since he had last seen her. Perhaps because, even in the year and a half of his marriage to Shawnkyr Nuruodo, he still thought about Jaina often.

The magic of her touch. The fire in her eyes. Her unbreakable spirit. Something about Jaina that Jag couldn?t forget and couldn?t leave behind. He had tried to tell himself that she was dead and therefore he shouldn?t think about her anymore.

?You are thinking about her again,? Shawnkyr accused as she entered the room.

Jag nodded. ?You know me. I just don?t believe she really is dead.?

?We have all determined that you are far better off without Jaina Solo. She is nothing but trouble and would never have brought you anything out of life.?

Some part of Jaina still lived within Jag, and that part suddenly exploded in a most unusual display of emotion. ?I never cared what Jaina and I could bring each other. All I know is that I loved her once and I think I still love her. She?s not dead. Maybe I?m in denial, but Jaina isn?t dead until I?ve seen her body. I think she?s still alive, Kyrn. I know you think that I am crazy, but for the good of the galaxy, I think we should search for Jaina Solo.?

Shawnkyr raised one blue-black eyebrow. ?Jagged Fel, you remained with that girl for far too long. She has influenced your mind in a most inappropriate manner. Nonetheless, if it will quiet your emotions once and for all, we shall search for her.?

Even the search for Jaina did nothing to quiet Jag?s mind. She was there, every time he glanced around, in all the young girls who watched him, the one who followed him? It was as though she was teasing him, like she had always done.

?She is everywhere in your memories,? Shawnkyr whispered, one of the first sensitive things she had said since this insane search for Jaina had begun. She had accompanied Jag all over the galaxy, especially in its seedier parts, asking and looking for any sign that Jaina Solo might once have been there.

There was nothing. It was as though Jaina had never existed.

Finally, in one bar, on some backwater world that no one remembered the name of, the bartender looked at Jag with a flash of recognition. ?You?re that Chiss pilot. You were the Solo girl?s lover once, right? You know Caedus got a price on your head, right??

That was the last thing Jag heard before the GAG troops came down on him.

[hr]

Enjoy!

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    pretty cool. I wonder if Caedus has Allana with him as his heir. pm when you update plz?

6. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Whoa.:eek: Sounds like Jag's in a pickle.

Hope Jaina's okay.[face_worried] Maybe if Ben and Jag got together they could find her in half the time![face_laugh]:p

Great job SithGirl!=D=

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Kyrn is really nice to accompany Jag across the galaxy to search for his ex-lover.
    Please tell me Jag's still alive? :eek:

Great update, though. Suspenseful little cliffie there.

8. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Sil: Could be. You never know what will happen. And welcome to the PM list!
    angry_bendu1: Jaina will turn up and will run into Jag later. You'll see how. Though I must confess to being a J/Z shipper.
    Ceillean: Jag will live, of course. He's needed later in the story. But that will take a little while.

Here's another update as promised. I do try to keep my update schedule, despite my chemistry homework.
    PM list: Ceillean, SilSolo, dawn7191

Jaina wished she had never left Shedu Maad alive.

Every night, no matter what she had done to block out the pain and memories and recriminations, she could still see the base blowing apart as Caedus proclaimed himself the sole ruler of the galaxy. He was always there, haunting her dreams and visions, even though she had cut herself off from the Force. Caedus still remained as a threat and memory; though he had mentioned that she was officially dead, it was known in the underworld that if he found her, he would kill or turn her.

[i]Better to kill,[/i] Jaina thought bitterly. [i]I don?t want anything to do with him, after failing once, what makes me or anyone else think that he could be defeated?[/i]

So she ran away.

Jaina escaped Caedus and found herself in the galactic underworld, into a place where no one cared who she was or what she had done. They all knew she had baggage, but so did they, and now, Jaina lived only to remember and relive her pain.
    It was unusual that, even now, living under a new identity and away from Caedus and the disaster of three years ago, she still remembered it so clearly. She had tried so hard to block it out of her mind. The first month had been the worst; Jaina had done everything she knew of to try to forget her failure. Finally, there had been one night in a dark cantina, somewhere that she couldn?t name, where a kind young man had helped her out?

Only the next day did she realise that he was Zekk. Not dead, and still in love with Jaina.

Zekk was always there for whatever Jaina needed over the next year. He knew she was hurting and didn?t try to cheer her up.

He was just there. He made sure she was away from Caedus? spies, able to walk home of her own accord, and not driving herself insane with regrets and recriminations.

It had taken two years before Zekk finally had the courage to ask Jaina if she minded his presence.

?I never have,? she confessed. ?You?re there. I like that. No one else is around anymore, and I can?t be alone; you saw what I was making of myself.?

?Jaina, I love you no matter what you?ve done,? he whispered, embracing her.

Jaina looked like she wanted to cry. ?I?ve been alone so long. Jacen is really dead now and Caedus rules the galaxy. I have no idea where my parents, uncle, and cousin are. The things I?ve worked so hard at for my whole life are all illegal now. I feel like I?ve hit rock bottom.?

?I think that?s understandable after everything you?ve been through.?

?And you still love me even through all of this and? all the things that you probably don?t want to know about, if you still love me?? Jaina still looked hesitant.

At that, Zekk had to laugh. ?Jaina Solo, I know this is very awkward and a rather inappropriate time, but I love you so much, no matter what you?ve done. Will you marry me??

In spite of herself, against her better judgement, Jaina said yes.

[hr]

Enjoy!

9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Aaaw, Zekk popped the question! [face_love] Even at such a nasty time...Very nice.
    I just hope none of the bad guys ruins this for them.

Great update and thanks for the PM!

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    awww Zekkie... and there is hope as long as there's still Jaina and Zekk.

11. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Ceillean: Well, not quite yet. I am a shameless J/Z 'shipper and I couldn't resist.
    SilSolo: yes! there is still hope!

Here's another update. Reason why I haven't been updating as I promised: too much homework. That shall end tonight.

Coruscant was still the capital of the Galactic Alliance, now with Darth Caedus at its head.

Everyone whispered that it was Imperial City again, and Caedus was the new Emperor.

He tried to present himself as a regular guy forced into this job by the desire to do what was right for the galaxy. Everyone knew that wasn?t true; he had gladly taken the job after his coups had paved the way. His policies were becoming more and more despotic, and there were many who were worried about him. His opponents had all been silenced. An army of Sith was forming around him as a guard and for intimidation, of course.

Most of those who had underground intelligence contacts knew that the new Sith were only fallen Jedi. And of course, Caedus had taken on an apprentice.

Though it had been three years, still Caedus remembered that battle aboard the [i]Anakin Solo[/i].

He could never put Jaina out of his mind and the waste it had been when she had refused to join him. He could still see the horror in her eyes when the base at Shedu Maad was turned into a cloud of glowing embers by his flagship's long-range turbolasers.

He laughed to think of it.

?Silly girl,? he purred, thinking of the lost sister who was so close to being his most loyal assistant. ?All you need to do is come home. I will always be here waiting for you.?

Just from the twinge in the Force, he knew that she had received his intentions and still wanted no part of it.

Jaina vanished again into a netherworld of turmoil, loss, and regret that Caedus could only wonder at. How much longer would it be before she returned to him?

If everything worked as planned, the time was drawing near.

[hr]

The disturbance in the Force was palpable. Caedus had not felt Jaina?s presence in quite some time, but now, here she was again, in his consciousness and so very obvious. She was no longer angry and lost, blocking herself from the Force, but instead happy. Something had happened to her to turn her life around.

Caedus summoned his apprentice, who certainly could go undercover and find out what exactly Jaina was up to. Before he even spoke, there the apprentice was, waiting and aware of Caedus? wishes.

?Track down Jaina and find out what she?s up to? I thought she would have killed herself after Shedu Maad.?

?No. She lives still; for some reason she didn?t have the heart to end her life even after she realised I?d won. All for the better; that means we get the pleasure of killing her now.?

?Can you tell where she is??

?She?s fallen into the galactic underworld, last I?d heard of her. She could be anywhere. Find her.?

?As you wish, Master.?

Tahiri Veila bowed and exited, preparing for another mission.

[hr]

Oh, I couldn't resist. [face_devil]

12. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    ?Silly girl,? he purred, thinking of the lost sister who was so close to being his most loyal assistant. ?All you need to do is come home. I will always be here waiting for you.?

Ugh.[face_sick]

Aha. So Creepy Jacen's back. Can't be good for the galaxy, or Jaina.[face_worried]

Great post![face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.