main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Vengeance (Sequal to the Plan for Power - anybody join)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Marna_Veign, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: speeding things along more...

By the way, LS_A, I believe the reward is a million credits, though I don't think you deserve it all, since the Jedi did most of the work. ;) :p

IC: By the time the ship landed at the Royal Palace, Marna had awakened from her trance, still weakened, but able to appear strong as she stood from the bed. She went over to Anakin and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Anakin. Can you walk?" she asked him, hoping he would awaken.

When Nag Shoor exited the ship, Chantell ran past him onto the ship.

"Anakin!" she called out, seeing him on the bed. She was alarmed to see him down, afraid of the worse for the one she'd had such a crush on.

"He's not hurt, Chantell." Marna told her. "We just need to rest. Jerill is dead and you are safe."

2. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Anakin opened his eyes yawning loudly, before sitting upright starteld at someone crying otu his name. he looked around, half asleep and confused. "Where are we?" he asked drowsly.

3. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "We're at the Palace." Marna told him. Apparently, King Janick is back too."

Marna glanced at Chantell, who nodded.

"Yes. We have all returned. King Janick would be at the Throne Room right now, waiting for you to report, and collect the reward." she told them.

4. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    Xandor had no intention of waiting. He walked, with long quick steps, past the others, and into the Palace. He approached the Throne Room with Jerill's head still within his grasp. If he were admitted into the room, he'd deliver the head to the King personally, as was his original mission.

5. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    The guards outside the Throne Room saw Zandor with Jerill's head. Not quite sure what to do, one of them got on his comlink and spoke quietly into it. Moments later, they opened the doors.

King Janick sat on the upper throne on the dias, Queen Scathia nearby, ready to assist her son until he felt confident in ruling himself.

"Approach, Assassin." Janick said boldly. "What news have you?"

OOC: I wish we could finish this up tonight, but I have to get to bed, though I don't have work tomorrow. Other things to do.

DJ, I'll let you post all the Jedi going to the Throne Room to speed things along a little more.

I'd like to have this done by or on saturday as a birthday present to me. ;) No more GMing would be a good birthday present. ;)

Though Jediloren wants me to let it go another week or a few more days. I want to end it soon, but I will do my best to keep the flow not too fast, I suppose. I guess the last one(plan for power) ended a bit abruptly, and Jediloren possibly does not want that for Vengeance.

6. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    "Approach, Assassin." Janick said boldly. "What news have you?" As if in response, Xandor graced the King with a cold smile as he raised his right arm. His fingers gripped tightly upon the dead-man's hair, causing Jerill's head to rotate slightly as Xandor held it before the King. He did not say a word. There was no need.

He tossed the head toward one of the guards. No doubt the King would be pleased. Soon I shall have my reward, Xandor thought. Then I can leave this place.

7. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Mitth

"What sort of things can a Jedi do with the Force?" the Medic asked Regia. He knew it was a stupid question, but he had to keep her mind going.

Another medic came in.

"The Jedi are back." she announced.

LS_A

King Janick nodded toward Captain Slader, who inspected the head.

"It's Jerill all right." Slader said. "There's no mistaking it."

"Good job, Assassin. If you don't mind my asking, how did it happen? How did you do it?" Janick asked.

Detjen

With King Janick there, Marna didn't think it would be a good idea to keep him waiting.

"Come, Anakin. Let's get to the Throne Room." Marna told him.

She went with Chantell, Nag Shoor following, and she trusted that Anakin would be able to follow.

8. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    With quiet some effort anakin managed to stand and drag hismelf behind them, almost sleep walking, wishing he could return to his bed and recover.

9. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Marna was empathetic toward young Anakin. She was just as tired as he was, but knew how to push that aside and appear strong enough to do her duty.

The group arrived at the Throne Room just as King Janick was asking how Jerill was defeated. Janick turned the question to Marna.

"Madame Jedi?"

"Master Saun gets most of the credit for Jerill's death, your Majesty. He gave his life wearing Jerill down so young Anakin and I could handle him. This assassin got the killing shot, just as things were getting...interesting. Esentially, he saved the lives of myself and Anakin." Marna told the Royal Family. "With this combined effort, Madrine is, once again, safe."

10. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    Anakin took a sopt up behind and to the side of Master Veign, doing his best to stay upright and awake.

11. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: nobody's posting but DJ, so I'm going to speed things along. There is still opportunity to post Mitth and LS_A. This isn't over quite yet.
    IC:
    King Janick took in this information with a nod.

"So the reward is to be shared between you." he said.

Knowing Zandor would not like that decision, Marna spoke up.

"Your Majesty, as a Jedi Knight, I must refuse any reward, and insist you give it all to the one who can accept it." she told him.

"You are certain of this?" Janick asked. "There is nothing I can do for you to thank you for your work and sacrifice?"

Marna thought a moment, and her mind went to the cruiser they'd confiscated from Jerill.

"There is one thing, your Majesty. The ship we retrieved from Jerill's base." she said.

"Agreed. The ship is yours." Janick turned his attention to Zandor. "And you, Assassin, will recieve the reward promised to you, with my gratitude."

King Janick handed a cred chit to Captain Slader, who offered it to Zandor.

"Now, if there is nothing else, I dismiss you all to rest up. You look like you need it." Janick told them.

Marna bowed and turned to leave the Throne Room. Before she could get any rest, she had to check on Regia, to tell her what had happened. The boy, however, did not have to come with if he didn't want to.

"Anakin, you may go to a room and get some rest." Marna told him. "Or you may come with me to the Infirmary to check on Regia."

Chantell spoke up.

"I'll help you to your room, if that's what you want." she offered.

12. Jediloren

Jediloren Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    Thanks to all those who posted in this thread it was fun reading. Please post reactions as you can until the justice leaves the planet. have a nice week.

13. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    "I want to go talk to her, I have her lightsaber still... and I wanna aplogize for not being faster." He was still very tired, but this overode his urge to sleep for the moment.

14. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    Xandor gave King Janick a regretful look as he ordered Captain Slader to check the head. Of course it's Jerill. Doesn't he trust me? the assassin thought, a slow smile spreading across his face.

"Good job, Assassin. If you don't mind my asking, how did it happen? How did you do it?" Janick asked. And Xandor's smile dropped into a frown. He knew that his reward would be in question, but with the Jedi present there was no way he could lie.

As expected, once Xandor had explained his "capture", Janick proposed that the reward be spread among those involved with defeating Jerill. I can't believe it. All that work for nothing !! Reflexively, Xandor's hand lowered toward his blaster, but he halted at the words of one of the Jedi.

Surprise did not to justice in describing how Xandor felt. The Jedi, Marna, had refused to receive the reward, which left the whole amount to Xandor himself. His hand dropped to his side passively, and a lopsided smile spread across his face. Things have a funny way of turning out, he thought to himself as he checked the credit chip he'd been given.

With the full amount contained within the small chip, Xabdor's job was done. He nodded slightly toward King Janick before turning toward Marna. He granced her with his most sincere bow of thanks, something he hadn't done before. Thank you, for everything, he thought as he departed.

15. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Mitth, Detjen

Marna nodded at Anakin when he expressed his desire to go see Regia.

"Alright, then. Let's go." she said.

While Marna led Anakin to the infirmary, she thought of Zandor. She knew she had diffused a dangerous situation by doing what she had done, refusing the reward. She smiled as she thought of Zandor's suprise and respect of her and her actions. Then, they were at the Infirmary.

Marna went in to where one of the Medics was trying to keep Regia occupied. The medic stepped aside when Marna walked near.

"Regia, I am glad to see you awake. Are you healing well?" Marna asked her. She wanted to see how she was before telling her the sad news about Ni-Tao's death.

OOC: LS_A, thanks for participating in my thread. It was fun with you in it, and I will continue to have fun RPing with you in BoP.

The rest of us, there's still a little ways to go until we're done, but we're nearly there. Thanks for participating, and thanks for seeing this through to the end.

:D

16. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    He followed master Veign into the room, standing back very silent. he unclipped reginas lightsaber from his belt and waited for an opportunity to return it to her.

OOC: Awwwwww I dont want it to end this is so funnnn :( its the only group of people that ive been with that I really feel a story and ag roup is going, and I dont want it to end *sniffles*

17. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Hey, my next RP is in the planning stages. You all are welcome to join it when it's up and going. It will be a little different than I have told people it would be like, but it'll be fun, I'm sure. No more with Jerill, though. It's going to be...different. :D

18. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    Thankyou, Marna, it has truly been a pleasure taking part in Vengeance :)

It shall be interesting to see what the future holds ;)

19. Detjen

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: will we be able to play the same characters or will the storyline move away from the vengance ones?

20. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: The storyline will have nothing to do with my two RP's I have done to this point, but you can play the characters played here. Marna will not be in it, though.

Here's a hint as to the sort of story it will be. Think Pleasure cruise gone wrong. I won't tell you how it goes wrong. :p

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Regia sniffed and looked up at the approaching group of Jedi. The medic appeared to look releaved that he no longer had to try and keep her calm and her mind occupied on something else. She wasn't being very cooperative to begin with and so understood his eagerness to leave.

"The painkillers are doing their job." Regia replied and sat up a little straighter, hoping beyond hope that her master was here playing a mean trick on her. But she could not feel his presence nor saw him anywhere within sight. She slumped down in her bed and bowed her head. "Master Saun is not here."

She said flatly and looked up at Master Veign and Anakin. Regia saw Ni-Tao's lightsaber on Master Veign's belt and Regia's own in Anakin's hands.

22. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "No, he isn't." Marna told her. She removed Ni-Tao's lightsaber from her own belt and held it out toward Regia. "He made it possible to get the job done. Nag Shoor has his other belongings, but I wanted to deliver this to you." she told the girl.

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Regia delicately took her Master's lightsaber into her small hands. She handled it with a care one would expect from a mueseum curator holding a priceless artifact. To Regia, her Master's lightsaber was a priceless artifact. It was created by him and therefore the only thing that was left of him.

For a moment a flicker of hope crossed her face and filled her eyes. Something happened as she stared at the weapon of justice. Something that made Regia straighten and regain control of her emotions. The young female Padawan glanced up at Master Veign. "Master Saun did what he thought was best for us all. He is with us and will always be. Do you have his medallion?"

Marna, don't forget Ni-Tao's last request.

24. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: Last request? Um, was that the request about helping Regia join him again by personally killing her? Or, to burn his belongings and scatter them across the universe? :p jk.

It was to take care of Regia, wasn't it?

IC: Watching Regia gently handle Ni-Tao's saber brought sad memories for Marna. She had also lost her Master at a young age. She thought of the friendship she had shared with Ni-Tao, and how they worked together to bring Jerill to justice. She was brought out of her thoughts when Regia asked about Ni-Tao's medallion.

"I do. That is something I thought might get misplaced, so I got it from Nag Shoor." Marna told Regia. The girl was taking her master's death well, Marna thought.

She dug into her pocket and handed Regia the medallion that had belonged to Ni-Tao.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yep it was to take care of her.

Regia accepted her Master's medallion. It held the coat of arms of his family on the face and a saying on the back. Something Regia could not translate and something her Master had promised to tell her someday.

"I want to go home." Regia finally said after several moments of silence. She clipped her Master's lightsaber to her belt and tucked his medallion in the pockets of her robes. She looked up at Master Veign and smiled a smile that told she knew something no one else knew.

It was her secret to keep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.