main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ventress and Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Since Season One, the TCW team has admitted to using Ventress as a foil to Ahsoka. They are both apprentices, one on either side of the war, trying to earn their master's approal. The reason I bring this up is that with Ventress' latest storyline, the writers may be foreshadowing Ahsoka's fate.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Yay, another Ahsoka thread!

I was thinking about how in the latest episode with Anakin discovering that Ahsoka was lying, that she'll be shipped off to the Agri-Corps for disobience and insubordination. That is why she ends up being stranded with those other padawans and having a chance meeting with Chewbacca. This may be the point at which Ahsoka and Anakin go their separate ways...

(sorta like how Ventress and Dooku go their separate ways if you're paralleling those two apprentices, but without the part of the Master trying to kill the apprentice of course.)

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    We've already seen this before with Ahsoka, but her punishment was considerably short lived. No, the AC doesn't necessarily work like that. If anything, keep her on Coruscant.

Ventress was never Dooku's apprentice, meaning the traditional master-apprentice. She was part of his Dark Acolyte organization, which is made up of a lot of followers of the Dark Side trained by Dooku.

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    :oops:

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    In before trolls flock this thread.

6. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm not worried about trolls, but I won't go into it any further because everyone has the right to make whatever thread they want and it's not my place to say what threads should be made and which not. :)

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, but comments like the one Rumblewagon made only entice trolls. :p

By all means, though, Fistofan has an interesting point, but shouldn't this be in the Ahsoka fate thread?

8. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Just a PSA: This is a tread for drawing parallels between Ventress and Ahsoka, not discussing either character exclusively.

Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that the Jedi Council might take Ahsoka away from Anakin much like Sidious took Ventress away from Dooku. What would would happen next I don't know...

9. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    It would definitely be the smart thing to do, and what they said they were planning on doing all the while, and they've set it up beautifully with the parallel of Ventress' fate in Nightsisters and the Ahsoka/Plo Koon dialogue in The Citadel. Sounds good to me.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That would be an excellent means of explaining why Anakin was so PO'ed at the Jedi in ROTS.

11. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    And to be honest I think it would be more entertaining to have Ahsoka be Plo's padawan. I like how their personalities differ as opposed to her similar personality to Anakin.

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well if this happens, it should please the 'Ahsoka wasn't necessary in Citadel' crowd. Unless of course you hate being wrong. :p

13. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    You wouldn't be suggesting that some people just complain for the sake of complaining regardless of what happens, would you? Nah, couldn't be! [face_batting]

14. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010

Personally I?d like to see Ahsoka and Anakin?s relationship go the way of ?the dictator?s right hand?, like Albert Speer and Hitler in ?The Bunker? or like Nicholas Garrigan and Idi Amin in ?The Last King of Scotland?.

I?d like to see Anakin gradually become darker and more brutal, doing more morally questionable things and for Ahsoka to gradually see the change in him, and for this to gradually breakdown their relationship. It seems to be what they are setting up in recent eps, with Ahsoka witnessing the other side of the conflict and Anakin agreeing with Tarkin.

I know it?s kind of a cliché at this point but in my opinion that type of relationship would work for both of the characters. All the pieces are already in place. Both characters are fond of each other, they both have different moral values and one is doomed to become a brutal dictator. Their setup for this!

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The only potential problem with that is the ROTS timeline. By the start of ROTS Anakin isn't intended to be particularly brutal. He's still playing the good Jedi role at that point for the most part.

16. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah, I definitely want to see Anakin progress in this series, have some talks with some Masters about his issues, and have it so that everyone thinks he's put his Force-choking Dark Side days behind him for good when Ep. III starts. Obi-Wan should be especially convinced while Mace remains a little skeptical. I'll be disappointed if season five Anakin is as prone to nonchalantly breaking the Jedi Code when he feels like it as season one and two Anakin was. He needs to mature, even more badly than Ahsoka, because it would have a profound effect on Ep. III and how the audience perceives Anakin as a whole.

He really needs to be the good guy turned bad, not the borderline bad guy turned all the way bad.

17. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    I wouldn?t have a problem with it we don't see Anakin involved in the war much before he turns. Also he could be showing restraint since Obi-wan?s with him, whereas Ahsoka?s his subordinate and he wouldn?t necessarily cover it up as much in front of her.

I agree that Anakin should act that he?s more mature and in control, but that?s all it should be, an act. He is desperately trying to convince his superiors that he?s changed, when in reality he just desperately wants them to promote him. And that?s when Ahsoka will start seeing the side to him that no one else does, she see?s him using heavy handed tactics, having constant mood swings and emotional breakdowns, and she becomes torn between her loyalty to him and her loyalty to the jedi.

At least that?s how I think it could play out. Cliché perhaps but it works.

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ventress is my favorite character in TCW, but I would gladly exchange her death for Ahsoka's.

Maybe they can give each other the Double KO?

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think Ventress should have anything to do with Ahsoka's fate or another way around- few days ago i came up with a new idea for Ventress- she can die yes- her death is more likely than Ahsoka's death- but wouldn't she be awesome new clanmother of the nightsisters?:p - Talzin obviously is up to something involving Maul and Savage and i think she will meet her destiny at the hands of the sith- after all Dooku now knows she probably had something to do with Asajj's plot and i still think Talzin should have some history with Sidious.... anyway then she should die and Asajj would be an awesome new clanmother to take her place..... then series during dark times etc. could have 'Mother Ventress' as leader of Dathomiri witches [face_skull] I wonder if she would have that scary double voice too then.... just a random idea but wouldn't conflict with ROTS....

20. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    That sounds like an awesome idea to me, Swash. :D

21. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Personally, I think Ahsoka will witness Anakin doing something morally questionable (like when he Force choked Poggle but more extreme) and she won't turn him in because she's too loyal for that but she'll leave the Jedi. I

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    With Ahsoka basically being a mini Anakin herself, I doubt this. If anything, I could see Ahsoka being just as aggressive.

23. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Doens't he call her "apprentice" in one of the Dathomir episodes?

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    She looked pretty disgusted when Anakin agreed with Tarkin on how effective the Citadel was.

25. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Indeed she did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.