main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ventress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    This is the place to chat about Ventress. Stop by and let me know what you think of her.

I'm very interested in her fate, which seems wide open after what happened in the Nightsister trilogy. I'd love to hear your ideas on what you think her final fate will be, or just want you want her final fate to be.

It's possible what happened in Obsession can and will remain her canon final fate, but it's also possible she will have a new final fate in TCW. Let's not make this a canon discussion, please.

Ventress is definitely my favorite character in TCW and I'm very open to possibilities. I enjoyed Obsession and I am fine with that remaining her final fate. It's ambiguous, she simply leaves known space and the Clone Wars behind. It makes sense, the Clone Wars have not been good for and she's tired of being used and abused.

I would be fine with her being killed off in TCW, as long as it was done well. There are so many ways it could be done, especially now that she's a target for the Jedi and the Sith. It makes sense in that many of the loose ends from the Clone Wars were taken care of. Dooku is killed, Grievous is killed, the Separatist Council is killed, etc. It would make sense if Ventress were disposed of. Basically the only loose ends left were the ones necessary for the OT. Any ideas for a Ventress death in TCW?

Even if she leaves the Clone Wars behind, I can't imagine her living the quiet life for long. I can't see her becoming a bartender or a bounty hunter, it's far too ordinary for a person of her abilities and ambition.

If she does survive the Clone Wars, I could see her working for the Empire. Palpatine ends up with like 100 "Dark Side Adepts", so it wouldn't be a stretch. Assassination is what she does best, so I could see her working with Vader to hunt down the surviving Jedi. Maybe she recognizes Skywalker/Vader, maybe she doesn't. Let me know what you think about Ventress during the Imperial period.

I do not see her working for the Rebellion in any way, it doesn't make any sense. They don't have anything to offer her. They don't have anyone to put her in her place and keep her in line. I like thinking of Luke as the only Jedi working with the Rebellion.

As much as I would like to see her redeemed, I don't see it happening. It's so unlikely I'm not inclined to discuss it.

CLIFFS: Talk about Ventress. Discuss her fate. State your thoughts and opinions.

PS: I'm also interested in any fan fictions regarding Ventress and erotic asphyxiation. Rule 34.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/theclonewars/guide/epguide314.jpg]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I honesty found no interest in her and even dreaded seeing her in episodes before S3. I just saw her as a one dementional character that was just being used by Dooku and wouldn't amount to much come the end of the series.

But over time, and after that Nightsisters arc, I am very interested into seeing where her character will go come S4.

And I agree with you, I wouldn't mind if she dies in TCW because I honestly don't see her EU fate as a good ending to her story.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I for one like Swash's idea of her becoming the new clan mother for the Nightsisters. We all know that all Dark Side institutions have a lot of infighting and power struggles so she might spar off against Talzin for control, which might well be EPIC.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I agree with ILuvJarJar. I never really cared about Asajj until the Nightsisters trilogy, where she was beating the crap out of the Dathomiri males.

As far as her fate, I was never a fan of how she went out in the EU. I want her to have an actual death in the series.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I like that idea too.... wait :p

She can also die though- or disappear like she did in EU before all this.....
    I liked Ventress since she appeared in TCW-movie never cared about her before in EU though- she was so ridiculous witchbitch in old CW with horrible overacted voice TCW version was much better and i liked her from the beginning and she also made me to like EU-stuff from her- now with her past tied with nightsisters there is enjoyable combination of possible futures for her so i hope they choose wisely- i'm expecting Talzin revealing her real plans that must have something to do with Sidious i guess.... and/or Anakin...... as you know i weren't fan of Talzin's magics first but they could provide some ultimately cool duels :cool:

i would like to see her in action- i think she possess great powers and would match for most jedi and even Sidious- still way they ruined possibilities of epic magicpower duel in Ghosts of Mortis (one way or another i find relevant way to bash that arc:p ) it seems probable that if Talzin dies she is just traditionally stabbed in the back:rolleyes: instead of something actually epic stuff- damn i want to see Talzin vs. Sidious duel- i have had fanon vision of that for some time now and it's awsum:cool: - it would make excellent season finale for season4 or 5..... George and Dave let my vision come true[face_praying] you must have considered that possibility when creating superpowered witch matriarch and hinting that she has plans for Savage and even Maul- what else they could be planning than destroying Sidious- or perhaps they want Chosen One dead though but Anakin was there on Dathomir and Talzin said or did nothing........ is it possible she doesn't know Anakin's destiny while she seems to know almost everything else?

Back to Ventress she probably tries to kill Dooku again but well she cannot succeed- so either she dies or then gives up her quest for vengeance- perhaps she turns back to the light with help of Obi-Wan as she pretty much does in EU but in that case she could also lead nightsisters to more balanced path from their obviously dark ways...

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Wasn't there already a Ventress in TCW thread?

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't really see her working for the Empire in any way- in fact i can see her as rebel though but she should die before ANH- EU knows very well rebel jedi so Luke as only one is pretty much your fanon- TFU tells rebellion had two "jedi" Starkiller and Kota behind it- still i don't like the idea of any other jedi between ANH-ROTJ either- Obi-Wan was the last one who actively fought Empire so i hope Kota will be killed in some material prior ANH- Starkiller is not much jedi anyway and his clone was the stupidest thing in TFU-franchise really- especially when he was left alive......

I think she can be redeemed- she was in EU and now we know more- she is not purely evil and even Vader was redeemed- i can see her feelings for Obi-Wan could be the way;) .... haha i would like to see some connection between Satine and Ventress
    Any way it seems very likely in fact now when we saw her tragic past- if you are not inclined to discuss about it why to create thread for Asajj's fate since with her death that is the most likely one...

[face_sick]seriously sick..... [face_laugh]

8. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I also agree with this statement.

9. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Not that I could find, I checked the index. They had one called "Death of Ventress" or something similar, but it was locked.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Here.

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Lock this if you want, mods.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This thread's first post made me think of a few possibilities I wouldn't have otherwise pondered and that I'm not sure that I like. I think CT raised the prospect of Ventress going back to being a Jedi. Her surviving into the Dark Times was already an interesting possibility, now even more so. Given that the fate of Ahsoka is still unknown, I can't help but think of the perfect irony there would be in a Ventress and Ahsoka together versus Anakin (as Darth Vader) storyline. I can hear Darth Vader referring to Ahsoka as "Anakin Skywalker's old Padawan" as if he were speaking in the third person when talking to the Emperor about it.

The only reason I would want more TCW prequel episodes is so we could have more with Ventress as Darth Tyranus' apprentice. [face_praying]

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Wow i seriously never even consider that as a possibility:p

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Get rid of as Vader then it will be fine tbh

15. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Any excuse to have Sithsoka is fine by me. :p

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Gamek you should know better than to tempt fate. [face_shame_on_you]

17. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    ...remind me to get a football kit and a million spare clones for when I get shoved down a chasm by Vader. :p

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Don't rely on me for reminders, I'll probably only remember to call you as you're falling.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I was so disappointed in Altar that Son took form of little home-elf instead of adult Darksoka- damn that would've been great[face_skull]

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You mean, in some kind of mirroring of Daughter's adult Ahsoka vision thing? Hmm.

More on-topic though, I think the irony in a Ventress/Ahsoka alliance against Vader would be too much, bordering on hard to believe. Seeing as the 2 hate each other pretty much right now, I doubt they'd be able to set aside their differences. And I'm sure some people would definitely NOT appreciate that.:p

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    yeah two possible futures for her would've been great..... i agree about Ahsoka and Ventress thing i don't think/want that they have anything to do with each other after ROTS- Mother Ventress on Dathomir during OT would be great though:p ok maybe during dark times is enough but well i dunno if they ever do ANH-ESB series it would be great to have Ventress in- that's so surreal it's cool :p

22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002

Definetly a great topic! I am glad they brought her into TCW simply because you have thousands of jedi to be killed off, and all you have is a gimpy 98% machine 1%alien 1%hunchback Grevious and Tyranus as the main villians besides of course Sidious using army's to destroy the jedi.

No way she goes to the light side. period. she is consumed by dark "once you go down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

I would like to see her start her own warrior group and fight the seperatist and some jedi. Eventually Darth Tyranus should be the one to kill her, although I would rather see Plo Koon do it to add to his legend

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    No that doesn't mean you couldn't turn back to light but if you do dark side will still haunt you in one form or another- Vader was example of coming back to light as was Starkiller and Revan in EU etc..... not saying she would be a jedi - never again....but she never was a real sith either so she could change her ways and become bit more balanced- ultimately though i think darkness is her destiny in one form or another- maybe just killed by dark sider or maybe she fells back to darkness....

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't think Ventress should return to the light side, being apart of the dark side is apart of her character.

But since she not apart of the CIS anymore, it would be interesting if she took the turn to become a Anti-villain, or even a anti-hero.

Perhaps she can even pull a "Enemy Mine" (trope) with Anakin and co when dealing with Dooku (common enemy).

But if Ventress becomes "less bad" in the show, i don't want to see her abandon the dark side. TCW needs morally grey characters, and i think Ventress can fit that role later on in TCW. I don't want her becoming a "complete monster" though.

And star wars has shown that it is possible to use dark side techniques for not always an evil end (i.e Luke chocking but not killing the gamoreans in ROTJ). It is really the motivation behind the acts which makes the acts truly evil, of course a Jedi shouldn't make it a habit in using the dark side. After all it is possible to use light side techniques for an evil end (it is hypothetically possible in Star Wars to use force healing, a light side technique, on someone being tortured, so said someone can suffer longer).

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well i'm definitely not saying she should become a pacifist like Satine or any female Yoda no that would be ridiculous- but i dunno i would like to see partial redemption like there was in Obsession where she let go of her anger for once and wants to leave the war and Dooku behind- i still like the idea she takes Talzin's place as clan mother so she would still wield the dark side- still be more bad than good and yet not so evil at all- Talzin is still pretty mysterious but while threatening and feared pretty harmless for others than her actual enemies and not really evil like sith- Ventress could be the same during dark times- then if Vader would hear about Mother Ventress ruling Dathomiri would be interesting:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.