main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ventriss is stupid

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Desolate, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenix-jedi

phoenix-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    I was reading Star Wars Visionaries which came out today and was actually suprised to find out that Durge was like 1000+ years old and that at one point he was a Sith, but granted his body went through so many changes etc. he was no longer by this point. Anyways, yeah I didn't like him too much either but I thought it was still cool

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I haven't read visonaries yet, but I don't think Durge was a Sith, he just worked for the Sith (and if it says he was a Sith, it's possible that story is Infinities).

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I believe everything in <i>Visionaries</i> is technically classified as an Infinities story...even the origin of Grievous tale.

4. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    The whole Sifo-Dyas blood transfusion thing is a load of crap.

That kind of thing is why most people disregard the EU.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Visonaries is a combination of canon and infinities stories.

6. DarthRage77

DarthRage77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    Ventriss could have been cool if she was written well into the stories...

7. skywalker00_3

skywalker00_3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    clone wars is the cheapest star wars ripoff ever,
    but it is still good to watch

8. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    Ok i must clear up all the grievous hateing in this thread.

9. Merekvin

Merekvin Jedi Knight

Mar 28, 2005
    I liked her too.

10. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Is it any worse than

"the city is under attack!"
    "Defend the city we must!"

But the "Aw $#!@" look on Yoda's face saves the line.

[image=http://img139.exs.cx/img139/2641/thecityisunderattacklarger7ay.jpg]

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, I agree to a certain point. The clone wars is a rip off, but, it only applies to the novels and short stories. I utterly enjoyed the clone wars in comic book, video games, and the cartoon series. Its like the clone wars was destined to be good in the animated/cartoon/video game genre. Ventress was very well portrayed in the comic book and cartoon series. Durge was not a bad character either. GG is awesome, and if the reports are true that he is a punk in the movie. Then the more so, I'm going to love the carton series.

12. Jediknight_Wendy

Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    Asajj was awsome..i think it was about time we finally got a female villain

13. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'm glad that Lucas always shot down the conceptual artist's Sith women. They work as bounty hunters, but they're just not intimidating enough to be a credible Sith Lord.

14. Jediknight_Wendy

Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    merly wondering....how do you get that idea of mind..how is it hard not to perceive women as villains
    and how can't they not be...intimidating enough almost sounds like your generalizeing..gender roles that whole argument sounds rather fishy almost as bad as..the girls cant be jedi issue.. o_O

15. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    The butt-kicking smack-talking sex-pot ice queen bad girl has been done to death by every movie, comic, cartoon, and video-game in the past decade. Lucas has said that he doesn't do "bad girls", which I think is a good move. Female Jedi are credible in my opinion. They are protectors, and, to an extent, nurturers. Women are not intimidating, they do not strike fear into the hearts of men.

16. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Women are not intimidating, they do not strike fear into the hearts of men.

I can't believe that's been posted on a Star Wars message board [face_laugh] Now that is one for the civilians!

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I despise Ventress, as well. She has achieved the same status of Cliegg Lars, Boss Nass, and Dex for me.

Terrible.

18. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::I despise Ventress, as well. She has achieved the same status of Cliegg Lars, Boss Nass, and Dex for me.

I like Cliegg Lars, Boss Nass, and Dex.... Hell, I even like Jar Jar.

Asajj Ventress, however, should die like the... well, now, that's a spoiler.

I just want to seen her getting dismembered by Anakin in a breif, throw away, scene - like, "Yeah, remember that Sith poseur chick? Shes' dead! Did you see that? D-E-A-D. Dead. Next!"- in ROTS.

19. Ord_Hulska

Ord_Hulska Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    What's up with all the Ventress hating? What exactly is wrong with her, that she is despised so much?

20. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Because it is painfully obvious which villains are the creations of George Lucas, and which ones are the creations of his LFL fanboys.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, technically, Ventress is something of a psuedo- "Lucas" creation to a certain degree, given her visual origins.

22. flex_187ad

flex_187ad Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    anyone know wherei can find a torrent to download the comics u guys are talking about? i cant find them anywhere in Australia
    thankz

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Try searching major bookstores for the Clone Wars volumes (I direct you to The Clone Wars TPB Resource Thread for content details of each volume), they should either carry or be able to order them.

If you can't, try PM'ing the user "Excellence", he's a aussie who posts in the Lit forum who has definitely, at the very least, imported comics. He might be able to help you find a store or site online that sells them.

Ventress appears in Volumes 1, 2 & 5, with a brief cameo in 3. She'll also be in the forthcoming Volume 6 in June and the eventual Volume 7.

She also appears in some of the stories in Clone Wars Adventures (a smaller, digest-sized, comic series done in the same art style as the cartoons).

24. flex_187ad

flex_187ad Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.