main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Ventura County Star Article

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    For those of you who don't get the paper you can read the article here. All in all it's pretty good EXCEPT after I told her like 48578947582735 times it STILL doesn't have our website in it! Gah! I actually haven't seen the print version yet so maybe it's in there. It does talk a lot about the VCFF and has lots of quotes from us all... especially Mike. And it has at least one pic of me looking like a total tool. I'm worried to see the print version tomorrow. :) If nothing else I typed "Ventura County Fan Force" into several search engines and either our official site or sites on TFN linking to us come up at the top so hopefully people can find us.

By the way, you may need to register to view that page but registering is free so it's no big deal.

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    You're the headliner, marma!

OK, corrections I noted:
    *Woooohooo! I've de-aged 2 years. I'm 31 :~)
    *The VCFF was founded 3 years ago. The RHS was founded SIX years ago.
    *I didn't found the RHS.

Anything else?

We should put together a group corrections list, and lots o' emails about the website. :~)

And I was misquoted about hanging out with my students, but oh well!

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    :cackle:: That picture is priceless, Matt.

Galasso sat next to Kai Dodson, 25, of Ventura, whose green-streaked black hair sloped over his forehead. Dodson, who had a pierced lip and chipped black fingernail polish, sat next to Venturan Deanna Miller, 25, who wore her honey-brown hair in a ponytail.

::chuckle::

The only initial comment I really have is that her writing style and the way she structures the article makes it sound like everyone is a member of the VCFF, even those other people who saved all the money to go to CIII.

4. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    We should have just had you write it Mike.

5. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Oooh! Good idea.

Summer assignment, keiran.

Write us an article. :~) Put it on the website.

6. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    That I can do.

7. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Hey guys I was realy looking forward to the meeting but somthing came up. I even forgot about the Article. If anyone has it I would like to check it out at the next meeting. Thats if I can make it. I'll keep posting on updates.

Anyway two more days!

-LL

8. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'll bring a copy to the next meeting (or the one after that if you can't make the upcoming one). By the way, if you get a chance stop by and visit us in line at Century 16 on Wednesday. I'd like to get you some fliers to pass out at Century 10 if you wouldn't mind. If you can't make it it's no big deal.

9. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I just got back from the 16 and I couldn't find you guys.
    The crowds were heading into the building so I must of just mised you. Did anyone try to bring flyers to Ralphs comic corner. I'm sure their might be some people intrested.

13 more hours to go.

10. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    We were there, right in the front... since 6pm on Tuesday. :) They actually let us into the theater at 9:30 so if you came after that we were already in. I need to go to Ralphs anyway so I do plan to bring some fliers in there.

11. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  12. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    How do these reporters get money to write such horrible stuff? My favorite line was this:

"Members of the Ventura County "Star Wars" fan club literally set up camp outside the theater at 6 p.m. Tuesday ? a full 18 hours before the movie began."

Last I checked 6PM on Tuesday to 12:01AM on Thursday is more then 18 hours. Retarded.

13. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, and I thought some of the articles in my newspaper were bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.