main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA venturacountyff.org

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay, the site is done... mostly. I wanted to do something different than your average Star Wars site so I hope you guys are down with it. All the pages need the text still, I'll leave most of that up to GentleBant so, GentleBant e-mail or PM me all that info. Here you go:

www.venturacountyff.org

P.S. Sorry I didn't use your pics Keiran.

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Best...site...ever.

Great job Matt! :)

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Wow! :D

That is, wow!

Really great job Matt. This is gonna bring in members by the truckload. Great job!

4. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    marmakecam, excellent job!!! That is just so, well....WOW!

BTW, if we do a members list, we should probably limit it to JC usernames, yes?

Events would include the road trip on April 5th, Grand Slam, and Comic Con, as well as our regular meetings, yes?

5. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Our member names would probably be a good idea, and maybe our first names as well. Besdies, they'll just look here, and find them out anyway... ;)

You're going to busy with that thing Matt. :D

6. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    YJ, actually, just for privacy's sake, I think we should stick to usernames on the site, only. For one thing, it's just a little more "out there" in the public arena. For another, if someone tried to harrass our members here, we could ban or otherwise punish them. Contact or harrassment through the site is a lot more difficult to cover for. Additionally, a good number of our members are not legal adults yet, and that opens up a whole other can of worms with regards to posting names, even just first names. I'd personally prefer NOT to get into that.

I also think that maybe an icons page would be cool...?

7. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    The ever-growing wisdom of our leader. :( I wish I had thought of that.

8. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Very nice and professional looking!

Edit- Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the icons I made. Or you can just save them off my site. Explect more icons later this week too.

9. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay, this is mostly for GentleBant but anyone else is welcomed to comment. The info I need for the site is as follows:

News section: We need something other than what I put, some real news maybe?

Info section: What I have there was copied from the FF FAQ and I think it's pretty cool. We should probably add a sentence or two that's specificaly about us though.

Events section: I think we should list both meetings and events that we are either remotely involved with or attending.
    So I'll need those dates and what not.

Contact section: I'll leave my e-mail for the technical problems. Should I have cityrep@venturacountyff.org?

Links section: Who should we link? (this goes out to everyone, any personal sites or favorites that you guys want linked let me know)

Members section: I'll take care of this part. I'll just list screen names and titles where they apply or something.

I'll try to get everything finished soon after I get all the info.

By the way, how come we aren't listed as an official chapter on the fanforce.net site?

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    We aren't?

//checks FanForce

:eek:

Someone PM MJF quick!

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Go for it dude. :)

12. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
  13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay... you guys are listed on the FanForce Staff page and the Pacific Regional Board and on the FanForce Open House thread. However, the main page has not been updated since last September. Your chapter is not the only one that isn't listed. Many of the chapters that are listed have changed City Reps and other information as well. Unfortunately, only FanForce Administrators can edit the fanforce main page, and the one administrator who was in charge of doing so (Hama-Ryu-Kinnebi) has stepped down. So... I have done all I can on my end to provide the necessary information regarding our region so it can be updated, now we are waiting for one of the two remaining GSAs (Rox and ObiAnne) to go ahead and update the main page.

14. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Thanks MJF!

15. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    So far the site looks good. :D (Kind of reminds me of SNL [face_laugh] )

16. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Ya know, the SNL thing was coincidental but I have always liked the intros on that show!

17. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    It's kind of... flashy. (Pun fully intended, sorry.)

I don't mind, I've got a nice fat DSL connection. Unfortunately, I'm still in the minority... But whatever, it's not like I volunteered to do any actual work on it. :)

18. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Yep...nice site.

19. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    While it looks really "flashy" it's actually really simple as far as Flash sites go so the file size is still pretty small (I think the whole thing is only like 20k). It should run just fine on 56k when it's all done.

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    "when it's all done." - Hehe. :)

21. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey, the rest is up to GB. I'll make the updates as soon as I know what to put. Then it'll be done.

22. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Ack! The pressure! :~D

23. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Come on GentleBant I wanna finish this thing and mark it off my rather extensive to-do list. :)

24. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    You could start by updating our name (include the "Special Edition" part), put me in the contact page, include the official site addy in links, include the main FF page in links, put the April 5 date for the road trip thingy, maybe include the dates for ComicCon and the Grand Slam event that YJ is going to.....is that enough to do for now?

C'mon, I just got home and am working two days of my spring break! I'll get to it, I will!

25. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm waiting til I have everything. It's easier to do it all at once. And I'm really not in any hurry, just giving you a hard time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.