main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vergere Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by StarBreaker12, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarBreaker12

StarBreaker12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm always happy to have another fan of Vergere join. So thank you for choosing our club (not that there are ANY other Vergere supporting clubs to join anyway) but thanxx.
    I hope to see you posting regularly. Ciao

2. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    ATTENTION ALL VERGERE SUPPORTERS CLUB MEMBERS
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The election for chancellor starts at 12:00 tonight. Please see the EU Senate board and see who you would like to be voted chancellor and pm me. I would like to vote based on what this board wants.

3. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

Uhm whatever you want, StarBreaker12. It really doesn't matter to me.

DW spoilers

Anyway, is anyone else looking forward to Vergere's conversation with Luke in DW as much as I am?

Should be interesting!

END of spoilers

4. jedi_j76

jedi_j76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Oh I can't wait for that!!!

5. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    I can't wait either. I think it will be great to see what happens. And I just thought of something. Y'know how all these people are using what was in the movies as part of their arguments. I have something that disproves that. In the movies, correct me if im wrong, but Yoda said to Luke "You are the last of the Old Jedi but the first of the New." or something to that effect. And Vergere is an "old" Jedi.

6. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Hello StarBreaker12 cough jay cough.
    Since you joined my thread (probably out of pity) I decided to join yours (out of even more pity) I hope this thread works out for you as good as mine did. Well, thats actually cursing it, but I meant well. So, um, uh, I look forward to um drumsti.....um, I mean Vergere's conversation with daddy-killer Luke Skywalker too.

7. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    Haha RockDragon cough kitana cough. You are just so funny aren't you. Go ahead and make fun of Vergere. But one day you just might be made a fool out of. Oh well, I guess it's nice to at least have someone post on here, exspecially a friendly face. You really don't have to join if you don't want to. And your right, the whole "Awaiting Dash" thing was pathetic and i felt so much pity for you.

8. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

I don't believe people really consider Vergere a Jedi. She represents a unique perspective as a Force wielder living amongst the Yuuzhan Vong for a very long time.

From a certain point of view, the NJO doesn't really negate that "last of old but first of the new" quote.

I just hope that DelRey won't give everyone crying to cook Vergere the satisfaction. In other words, I feel there's a place for some of the themes she conveys in Traitor and I hope they don't just kill her now because she's disliked by so many.

9. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    I totallly agree with you Caine. I hope that won't happen, I don't think it will either. I think that the NJO storyline is going somewhere with Vergeres ideas. I can't wait to see.......

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Caine, you apparently haven't read the official chronology of Star Wars. It's believed in also the EU, that Vergere was of the 12 missing Jedi before the reign of Palpatine.

11. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm sorry I didn't clarify myself. I do not agree with Caine about the Jedi aspect. People may not consider her a Jedi, she may not even bestow upon herself the term "Jedi" but I think she is one. So I guess I half agree with you. I don't really know.

12. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

Oh okay Otto_den_Ktulu, yeah i wasn't aware of it. Thanks.

13. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    i wanna join this club

14. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Stop following me Inf :p

Caine: I wasn't aware of it either until I read the chronology. Suffice it to say, I was quite happy when I read it.

15. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    Man, Vergere is such a cool character. I like how she just sorta keeps you guessing throughout the NJO series.

16. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes, me as well. She's the coolest.

17. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    Sure Infiltrator, and anyone else, you all are welcome to join. I'm glad my club is actually working. I'm also happy tos ee how many people like Vergere.

18. jedi_j76

Jul 17, 2002
    YAY!!! Vergere is cool!!!!

19. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    I noticed that there has been no posts on this voard for a while. So I am asking for the people in the club's help to keep it alive until Destiny's Way comes out, and we have more to talk about.

20. jedi_j76

Jul 17, 2002
    Vergere is cool and I can't wait for DW!!!! I hope she is still suoer cool in it!

21. jedi_j76

Jul 17, 2002
    Come on people! Where's your posting spirit?

22. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I GOT SPIRIT, YES I DO.
    I GOT SPIRIT, HOW *BOUT YOU??

S-P-I-R-I-T

WHAT'S THAT SPELL??

SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I hate Vergere, I'm only doing this for my dear brother, whos thread is failing. :p

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I think Vergere is one of the most interesting characters in the EU. Vergere has lived through a lot of history, there is a lot she can teach Jacen, and us. She was in the Jedi Temple during the time of the Old Republic, she has been with the Vong for 50 or so years... I can't wait to hear everything she has to say about being with the Vong for 50 years. Traitor is my favorite book of the NJO and that is mainly because of Vergere.

24. StarBreaker12

Apr 25, 2002
    Well, DW came out today. So I wanted to upp this thread so you all will remember it.

I can't believe that Vergere dies in DW!!! :(
    I don't have the book but I have been reading the spoilers in the Lit forum. I guess she had a couple conversations with Luke too. I can't wait to get the book. But I might have to wait a week or so! :(

Well thats all I have for now.

25. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

DW Spoilers

I know, it stinks if you ask me. I mean introduce a different type of character and then efficiently dispose of her in formulaic teacher fashion like Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Bleh.

End of spoilers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.