main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vergere---Jedi Master or Knight?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Cloak of Decept papperback p310 says "Jedi Masters Adi Gallia and Vergere." Excusing the full naming even at the end of the book, was Vergere a master? I had the impression she was a knight still. Or was it a typo?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
  3. MiniRogue

MiniRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2005
    It was written as "Jedi Masters Adi Gallia and Vergere", which you could translate to mean "Jedi Masters Adi Gallia... and Vergere". Though 'Master' is pluralized...

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Does anything stop her being a Jedi Master? I know she was always described as a Jedi Knight in the NJO novels but then Obi-Wan was always described as a Jedi Knight in the OT but that didn't stop him actually being a Jedi Master.

5. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Did she ever train a Jedi apprentice/padawan to Knight status? It could be argued that it would count retroactively (maybe) since Jacen was not technically a Knight when he was captured, and was made a Knight afterwards, in part due to her training.

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    She was a knight when she left with the Vong before the events of Rogue Planet. She's probably could have declared herself a master after a few decades if she chose to.

7. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    In "I, Jedi", Luke always said his students were Knights, even during their first month of training... I think the lines are blurred. I mean, come on- Jacen is a "Jedi Master" in power and ability, but he's a Knight by title only... if someone called him a Jedi Master, I wouldn't dispute it... I wouldn't dispute it if someone called him a Sith Lord either...

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The fact that she was referred to as a fairly newly-minted Jedi Knight as of the time of her disappearance in Rogue Planet?

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I'm sure, though I haven't checked, that when everyone was being described aboard the Consular cruiser above the Senex world, she was called a knight.

10. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    She was a knight, and not even a high ranking one if memory serves. At elast that is the impression i got from rogue planet.

11. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    who made the quote? Lets not forget that the Naboo senators or whatever thought Anakin was a master. Its also an honourific amongst those who don't know the Jedi I would assume. Obiwan was referred to as Master Jedi by the Kaminoians as well, they didn't know what he was either. Just assume hes a master and be nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.