Vergere........what is her deal? *Possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Disco_Dark_Jeedai, Oct 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
    This is intended to find out what we all think about this devious character. What do you think her end goal is? Do you think she will betray or aid the Jedi? Time to sound-off in this thread.
  2. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    She's so confusing, it makes my head hurt. And it gets worse, as all SBS readers know. I just want to know her motives already!!!
  4. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
  5. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    She has to play both ends to get to the middle. Only when she is at Lord Shimra's (sp?) side will she have a chance to reveal that she is a Jedi and kill him. Yes, assassinate him. I feel this is the only recourse at this point.
  6. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting......so you are saying she is good? Or will she kill out of anger or hatred or necessity?

Since her tears helped Mara.......maybe she can help Anakin??????
  7. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm still confused by what she did at the end of SBS but that's a spoiler.
  8. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I did make this a spoiler thread.........yes, I am not sure what happened either. You have Jacen taking both sabers and drawing on the Force, then you read he is captured???????
  9. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Well my opinion is she truly is vong know. No jedi would destroy corascant.
  10. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    But... she did save Mara, and maybe she didn't REALLY capture Jacen... AGH AGH AGH!
  11. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking that myself.........guess we'll have to wait for DJ to find out. February!!!! UGH!!!!!!
  12. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
  13. Xun_Tsarea Jedi Padawan

Also remember, her tears didn't exactly save Mara. They also almost killed Ben.
  14. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont think that she is evil. I think that she see's this as the only way. After she see's what Jaina does she may not believe that this new Jedi Order is legitimate. She's an old school. And she must be a Jedi still because she can talk to Jacen through the force. She is willing to capture Jacen becuase she knows whats up with the twins issue and Jaina. Its all to get her to Lord Shimra (sp?) It has to be. Why would she have helped Jacen to complete his objectives? Why would she help Mara? She has to be a good character... just doing things her way.
  15. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree with you about Vergere, but to a point. I don't think she's planning to get to Shimrra. Maybe she's playing along in hopes of finding a means of escape from the Yuuzhan Vong. Somehow I'm expecting her to help Jacen find the solutions to his questions. When Jacen rejoins the Jedi, and I'm certain he will and it will happen in Destiny's Road, (or Reunion, but I'm hoping it won't be that long), he will be a new Jedi, and Vergere will be with him.
  16. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Maybe she's just gone bad since Rogue Planet. Anybody think of that? Maybe she was brainwashed by the Vong, or went crazy.
  17. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't she already escape the Vong but then go back?
  18. Ornitier Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didn't get to read SbS yet so... I think that she is one of two things. She is now evil but she was nice to Mara since Mara somehow saved her or she took pity on her (don't remember the novel...) Then there's the fact that she may still be good just is working her way up with the Vong. The child/womb thing I don't think was something intentional.
  19. Ender_Teh_Xenocide Jedi Padawan

What I can't figure out is why didn't the voxyn go after her when they were pursuing the Jedi? Did all those years with the vong biotech wipe it out of her? I mean, she didn't even sense Jaina drawing a bead on her? But she was still able to sense the jedi with the force, so how does that work?

And how did she stay in practice all those years without a lightsabre? (remember, Jaina saw her doing little drills with it)
  20. Mateo Jedi Master

star 4
    Shes an undercover agent trying to find the Yuuzhan Vong's weakness and exploit it but she will probably get killed by the Voxyn creatures, as for the why they didnt kill her maybe she is so well versed in the Force ways from the vong galaxy that she cannot be sensed by force users from her own galaxy? or perhaps she cloaked herself from them on purpose.
  21. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    Mateo, I would tend to agree with you. She probably learned some way to block it.
  22. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, that's something I'd like to know... has Vergere developed Anakin's skill for sensing the Vong. I'm really wishing she'd just meet up with Luke and spill everything to the Jedi. She could clear up a lot about who the Vong are, and their past. Enough confusion and headaches!
  23. BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Knight

star 2
    I haven't read SxS yeat (gettin it today from the library) but i have always had the impression that she knows more than she's letting pn to both sides. I figure she has some vison of the future and trailers her actions as such to help the NR, but still keep in good faith with the Vong. Kind of like Yoda when he told Luke not to go to Besin, h ehad some notion about what was going to happen, even if he wasn't conmpletely right.
    KInd of confusiong.
    I don't think she's evil or anything. not carzy either. And fo that voxyn thing, she proabably found a way to cloak herself....
  24. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I can clear up the confusion of why Vergere helped Mara. Han said he would be taking her and Elan to see "Master Skywalker." We know he meant Luke. Vergere thought he meant Anakin. She knew him from the days of the Old Jedi Order. Anakin had been at the temple for around two years when Vergere was captured. That's enough to tell me that she still considers herself loyal to the Jedi. I'd love to see her reaction when she learns about the connection between Anakin Skywalker and the Solo kids. I hope that comes up somewhere in the next few books.
  25. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds interesting.....does she even know about the Jedi purge? Cuz, if she doesnt she'll have to wait until EPIV-VI comes out on DVD...LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.