main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Veronica Ngo (Paige Tico) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by IncessantRamblings, May 24, 2017.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    She's an attractive gunner, he's a handsome pilot, perhaps he can teach her something new?

GregMcP likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Let's be careful with that line of discussion.

Master of None likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    You're banning Poige talk?

Mostly Handless and 11-4D like this.
  4. rg1fan123

rg1fan123 Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2016
    I ship it:)

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Not ruling out general discussion of it, just steering things due to some poster concerns about possible insinuations being made above.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    my god.

B99, 11-4D and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I mean I'm interested to learn more about Paige as a character, but idolatry seems a little much.

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I have a feeling that Paige is going to be really jealous that her sister Rose works in maintenance and in Piage's scene with Poe she's going to tell him, "I appreciate you taking the time to train me as a gunner but my heart belongs to maintenance" and then she's going to leave the Resistance to go to maintenance school and that's the last we see of her. That's the big twist in TLJ.

9. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Lucasfilm get this guy in the writers room stat.

10. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Episode IX: Return from Maintenance School

11. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I had this idea the other day that the little girl Jyn saves on Jedha was actually Paige Tico and Chirrut was her uncle which is why he ended up helping Jyn and Cassian when they were caught. Then at some point in TLJ Rose talks to Finn about her uncle and he's inspired by the story to "Go Rogue" when he disobeys Admiral Holdo to go on the mission to Canto Bight. It's a bit much I admit. :p

13. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    Now THAT'S the kind of speculation I enjoy!!

14. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I should slap you, but for some reason, I like this. :)

15. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

is it possible to talk about any female character without shipping? this is not desperate house wifes. :rolleyes:

16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Wait it's not? Then I have been wasting my time here!

17. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    I've been thinking about something. What if female character, whose screen time was reduced, is actually Paige? We know now that it isn't Rose cause Rose is a big player. But the rumor could have mixed up Rose and Paige since Paige character and casting were flying under the radar. Originally, casting call was for 3 female characters, one older (Holdo, obviously) and 2 younger. It was believed, after Rose turned out to be a big role after all, that Rose and other female character were merged in one. But I think that those characters were Rose and Paige and that Paige got reduced while Rose may have gotten some stuff to do that Paige was originally.

of course, there's a possibility that the rumor about character reduction is entirely false and that everyone is exactly as they were before changes to the script (that were supposedly made to beef up TFA characters and minimize new ones which doesn't sound too convincing).

18. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I think the rumor holds water because the guy who mentioned it also mentioned that the particular role that ended up as Rose was cast with an unknown Actress of asian origins, several weeks before they announced filming and that Kelly was cast.
    The slightly older part was meant for someone in her thirties, and Veronica is in her 30s. It all adds up.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    It was a light-hearted remark, the Mod stepped in with a warning yet you still had to bring it up over a month later?

panki and 11-4D like this.
  20. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I wouldn't mind the Tico sisters being the children of Sosha Soruna, especially given her being on friendly terms with Leia, being a pilot and helping defend Naboo during Operation Cinder.

[​IMG]

The children of three of Leia's old friends/acquaintances joined the resistance- Poe(Shara Bey), Kor Sella(Sondiv Sella) and Snap Wexley (Norra Wexley)....so it would make sense for people who knew Leia personally to send their children to help her with the resistance (considering people who didn't know her would be suspicious of her after the Vader parentage reveal).

As for Paige, I think she doesn't need to be killed off just to give Rose the motivation to fight- Finn and his heroic deeds can be inspiration enough. Paige might have a small role in the movie itself but her story could easily be explored in novels and novels, like the Black squadron characters are fleshed out in the Poe comics.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Holy crap!

I never realized this before. How did I never realize this before?

panki likes this.
  22. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    My half serious headcannon is that a lot of the younger people in the resistance have parents who were close to the Organa-Solo family in some capacity. I could go either way with the Tico sisters being in that camp

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The Resistance is worse than the First Order, on joining you promise to give your first born to the cause.

24. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  25. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    These new designs are really cool.

dekaneas likes this.