main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Verrry interesting...(DVD stuff)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Psiberian, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    I found this today on Darkhorizons.com:

Star Wars: Episode II (DVD): Episode X reports that the upcoming disc version includes a slightly extended cut of the film. The changes are only minor including a bit where Padme groans on the ground after falling off the Gunship, and an extension of the Anakin confession scene at the Lars farm: "At the point where the scene usually cuts, we instead get a longer glimpse of Padmé still standing there, hanging on a balance point between her love for Anakin and his evil deed he has just confessed to her. Seemingly making up her mind, we witness how Padmé sympathetically tries to soothe Anakin. Kneeling down, she tells him that "to be angry is to be human". To a new musical cue of Palpatine's theme swelling in the background, Anakin replies 'I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this'". Thanks to 'Tai'.

And if that's not enough for you, here's more:

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=13158

Just a little over 2 months to go... ;)

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Palpatine;

"Gooooooooooooooood....."

3. slimjedi

slimjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2002
    How much would the DVD cost when it comes out in Canada?

4. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    It should be the same as TPM: Approx $27.99 at most stores.

5. slimjedi

Aug 15, 2002
    Any know where the cheapest place to buy DVD?

6. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    *Appears amid the darkness with horns and a pitch fork*

Looking for DVD's are we?

*Lights up a duMaurier*

7. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, other than the creepy guy in the trenchcoat, I find Futureshop often has the best prices, and they'll match any other advertised price. Otherwise I go to a little shop called DVDwave in Richmond hill (or Markham - hell, it's all Toronto!)

They have good prices with a frequent buyer plan

8. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Another place, albeit their selection isn't as broad as Pro-DVD stores is Walmart.

Laugh all you want, but the NAME titles are there on time, plentiful, and much lower in prices.

Good examples especially in boxed sets.

9. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Ken...you just WANT trouble...don't you!!!

10. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    How about Costco? I know they are great for books. And they are often even cheaper than the lost leader price for new CD's that Future Schlop offers.

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I've seen a video clip of the scene where padme falls out of the gunship. When the trooper asks: "Are you alright?" Padme now says, with a bit of pain to her voice: "uh-uh." Previously, it was just "yes".

12. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I knew Kat was going to say something.

13. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    The thing you have to be careful about with WalMart is they don't have much of your precious widescreen product. But WM, Costco, and Future Shop usually do have the lowest prices. Not that I can shop at any of those because I live downtown...

In my experience, Future Shop and Blockbuster normally have the best giveaway items (generally for pre-sell campaigns). WalMart doesn't do those - they spend their funds lowering the price of the product.

14. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Speaking of giveaways - for the upcoming Monsters Inc and Beauty and the Beast releases, the Disney store has lithograph sets for both, free if you preorder the DVD in the store (got MI for $21 - so it aint bad!)

It's 4 11x14 prints in a glossy folder with cut out doors - very nice!

Oh yeah - Hey Kat - :p

15. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Bronf, how could I NOT?!

And don't you "Hey Kat" me, Wall Boy... :p

16. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    hmm..I may actually buy something from the Disney store...although Futureshops's promo of "an official fun-grip tumbler FREE!" Does sound tempting.

Any word on whether or not the SFX-only track will be on the Canadian release of Monsters, Inc?

17. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    Adam, I've got the trade ad, and I don't see anything about an SFX only track, but I don't think that Disney usually does a separate DVD for Canada. What exactly is it because they've got a lot of stuff listed on here (it's 2 disks)?

18. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    sorry, I meant a sound FX track, not SFX. My stupidity.

There was suppose to be a sound effects only track on disc one. I'm pretty sure it is being released on the US version and has been taken out in the Canadian release because of an added french language track.

Most companies seem to only be releasing bilingual packaged DVDs in Canada. Almost every case nowadays has both English and French, so, there may now be a separate Canadian release vs. a US/English Canada and French Canada releases.

I'm getting this from a discussion at thehometheatre forum, so I really don't know the validity of it. The specs listing I have seen haven't listed a sound FX track for Canada.

19. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Well I hope we can get the US version here... I'm from Montreal and I don't really care about the French-Canadian version...

20. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    Usually it's just the packaging that's different on the French version, not the actual disk itself.

The info in Disney's ad says:

- commentary (director, co-director, exec producers, screenwriter)
    - two shorts
    - outtakes
    - The Monster World: Monsters, Inc orientation (company handbook with bios)
    - Monsters Inc TV treats
    - Boo's Door Game
    - Storytime - Welcome to Monstropolis
    - Music feature
    - Behind the screams - on the job with Mike & Sulley
    - Behind the scenes Pixar tour

21. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait

Can you tell I'm a Pixar fan?

Oh, and Hey Kat! :p

I'll 'wall boy' you! Sorry girl, but you live in the Big TO now (newsflash, Markham Mayor moves to Toronto "I here it's nice there, and I expect to have really nice neighbours" she says)

22. slimjedi

Aug 15, 2002
    Any one know how much does lotr DVD extension version is going to cost in Canada?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.