main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA very long and complicated day.... (the aftermath of spiderman2 wednesday)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by djr33, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    yeah, i realize that i could just post this in the spiderman meeting thread, but i figure this deserves its own topic as the others will probably have lots to say after... what happened

anyway, be prepared for some complaining, but its amusing, so here goes:

well, i figured that joining the group was a great idea and what better way to do it than to see spiderman2 in the process... aside from just wanting to see it, it had great reviews and looked great.
    so i made plans to join the semi-official meeting today to see the show at metreon.
    i even fandangoed to get my tickets...
    (now thats the end of where everything goes right...)

i live in marin, so the easiest way for me to get to the city without dealing with parking is the ferry, so i plan on taking the 5:05 ferry, leaving me plenty of time to arrive at metreon by six, the planned time so we would be ready for getting in line to get good seats on the shows opening night. (it did end up being sold out and very crowded, so fandango and getting there early was a great idea)
    so.... i leave with about 12 minutes to spare going to the ferry... the drive usually takes about 5 mins with good traffic... but NO! the stupid traffic from the richmond/san rafael brigde makes it take like 20 min, so i get there, sprint accross the parking lot (and i really mean sprint) and i get there just as the ferry is pulling out... bleh [face_plain]

so i wait for the next ferry and get on, so its pretty much ok. i end up getting to metreon around 6:30 or so, and then wait in a huge line to get my actual ticket for the show from the printout from fandango.

at this point, i realize that i actually have to figure out where the group is... and i had no idea except that it was supposed to be somewhere on the 3rd floor (with the theatres). there were lots of people, and i didnt know what any of you guys looked like, as it was my first time meeting any of you. so i asked a few people who just might be the SFFF and.... no [face_plain] so i give up after a while, not wanting to ask everyone in the line and hating myself for not making a better plan to meet you guys... i do have a cell phone after all :p

so, fine, at least i can enjoy the movie, right?
    ...no
    [insert random fact]there was some idiot who came in with this little concession cart and practically started singing to us about the possible food items he had available to purchase.... bleh, how annoying.[/random fact]

so i watch the movie, great film, very entertaining :)
    and we get around an hour and a half into it or so and...
    the bad guy has grabbed spidy by the throat (phrased as to not give anything away for those who have not seen it)
    and i hear some odd siren type noise... i guessed it was just police in the distance IN THE FILM... it wasnt that loud...
    so a few seconds later the stupid flashing lights come on, the movie shuts off DURING THE FREAKING CLIMAX, RIGHT AS IT WAS GETTING INTENSE and i figure out that it wasnt in the movie after all, the stupid, quiet siren meant FIRE!
    so we all get up orderly and walk out of the exits, i go with a group of people down the emergency stairway, and thats that....
    since it was near the end of the movie, my dad was already waiting to pick me up (he drove in and works in the city...)
    and aside from my dad getting in a screaming match with the attendant at the gas station about there not being any window washer fluid and perhaps the fact that we forgot to pick up the other car, still at the ferry, until we got home, the rest of the evening went smoothly...

anyway, i'm curious to hear everyone elses story from tonight and want to apoligize for not thinking of the fact that i wouldnt recognize you... i'd like to do something else at some point :)

edit: sp [face_plain] typed this too quickly for my own good i guess...

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep, if you saw the Human Spider from the first Spiderman walking around (When Spidey "wrestled" machoman/bone saw) that was Matt (Jedhead). Also we were the first people in line for the 8pm show on the 3rd floor so maybe you were working backwards. lol... Anyway, yep that fire alarm thing was crap but the movie was still excellent. I think I have to go again so I can see it uninterrupted!

Sorry we missed you man. If you don't know what we look like by now you've actually been staring at us everytime you've visited the SF boards. Look at the header and border grpahics around the message boards for SFFF. Most who went are on there.

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Except for Chewie, Hayden, and Natalie. That's us in the banner.

4. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    How could you of possibly missed the group.There were about 12 of us altogether with Angelica bouncing from one lap to another through out the movie. My tip to you for the future refference, look for costumes,SW tshirts or sweat shirts or each one of us have jedi logo coins around our necks. Next time stand up in front and shout - All the jedis in the house- stand up.I assure you, one or all would of complied.

5. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    yeah, alright. that wasnt good planning on my part, so i'll make better plans next time...

i left right after the fire thing, so did anyone go back to finish the movie? i dont know how that turned out... i may check the metreon website.
    i'll goto the movie again, 'cause it was great and i'm looking forward to seeing the very end :)

anyway, i feel stupid about missing you guys, again, my fault, just bad planning, and i didnt notice you at the top of the screen :p
    i guess... next time :)

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    It was only a 20 minute wait until we went back in and finished the movie. I've worked there for five years and I was trying to assure everyone that it was a false alarm (probably someone lighting up a cigarette ina theater), but most people didn't have the patience and decided to wait in line for a refund!

7. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    bleh, that sucks, why didnt i wait! well, i'll go back tomrrow probably and then see it over or get a refund.

8. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Here's the ending in a nut shell. Doc Ock was Spidey's father. Mary Jane turns out to be Peter Paker's sister! O wait... am I getting things mixed up again? ;)

Eva, the coins either have the symbol of the Rebel Alliance or the Imperial insignia. They're not symbolic of the Jedi Knights. However, Corellian Jedi upon reaching the rank Jedi Master have commerative coins stuck in gold which have their faces imprinted on them. They are given to friends, family, and favored pupils. They are known as Jedi Credits or Jed Creds for short. Extremely rare after the Jedi purge after the Clone Wars.

9. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    ^ (Hint Hint) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.