Sac, CA Very Sad News...Please read...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedidoria, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedidoria Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We lost one of our own this weekend...Susan let us know that Marcus was in a tragic car accident this weekend, and has passed away. He was a smiling face at everything we did...and the idea of the SVRF without him is just too hard to wrap our heads around at this point. Susan and Earl are not up to making calls at this time, and while we hate to post news like this on the board, we know that everyone would want to know so that condolences can be passed along. It's probably best to pass along your messages either on this thread or by PM for the time being, to give Susan and Earl time to deal with this tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Davis family.

Chris and Tara
  2. Zam13 Jedi Youngling

We are so sorry to hear of this tragic loss. If the Dawson/Hill family can assist, in any way, please let us know. I am sure news of any services will be posted here, as well.
  3. AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling

star 3
    To all members of SVRF:

I am so very sorry to hear of this loss. My solace comes only from my belief that Marcus is totally surrounded by God's love.

My prayers are with the entire group, particularly the Davis family. I pray for everyone to be comforted and consoled by that same love.
  4. Leia1138 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm so sorry to hear this sad news...Marcus will be greatly missed by us all. Susan and Earl, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
  5. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish I had something incredibly droll or insightful to say right now, if only to take away the pain or to make something so sudden and senseless somehow more bearable - but I can't.

I'm so very, very sorry, Susan and Earl.

Please don't ever forget I love you guys - Call me if I can help.

-TJ
  6. Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think it goes without saying what a genuinely good guy Marcus was.

We'll miss you and Susan and Earl we're here for you.
  7. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    Marcus was such a good natured young man. He was always polite and respectful. A pure reflection of his mother and father. The world was a better place with Marcus in it. Now, the world will be a little more sadder.

Susan and Earl, my heart and thoughts are with you. If there is anything you need, please call me. I love you two. My heart is heavy again with the loss of such a fine young man/son/friend. You two should be proud of the time he was here. I know very well it's busy right now for you two. But please allow yourself time to grieve. And we will understand completely if there are no responses on the board for a while. The loss of someone so close is a pain like no other. It takes time to deal with it. I can tell you, it doesn't get easier, but it does, in time get tolerable. There will always be that yearning for his company. The following is something I used at my mom's furneral and helped me

"When I die, give what is left of me to the children.
    If you need to cry, cry for my family walking beside you.

Put your arms around anyone and give them what you need to give me.

I want to leave you with something, something better than words or sounds.

Look for me in the people I have known and loved. And if you cannot live without me, then let me live on in your eyes, your mind and your acts of kindness. You can love me most by letting hands touch hands and letting go of children that need to be free.

Love does not die, people do.

So when all that is left of me is love ...

Give me away ..."

Again, if there is anything you need, or just want to talk to someone about this, please call me, no matter what time it is. I love you two
  8. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Alex and i are so very sorry for Your loss. Please know if there is anything You need Susan and Earl, we are here for You both no matter what... may the Force bring You both comfort in this time. You both are in our prayers @};-
  9. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Wow. Very sad news indeed. Dale and I are going through this process too, as we will be burying our father on Monday.

I was glad to have met Marcus, even if for one evening. Nice kid. Our thoughts and prayers our with him and the family. @};-
  10. AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Any updates as far as a memorial or service? I saw where there is a memorial service this Saturday at Sheldon High School. I have not found any specifics on it though.
  11. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    If we didn't have a meeting this weekend, I'd totally understand - there are a lot of arrangements and other things that I'm sure have taken up so much of Susan and Earl's family's energy right now. And while I thought I'd be able to make this meeting for once (the first meeting I'd've been to in like four months?), we just had our Assistant Store Manager pass away at Safeway on Tuesday as well and now their asking me to pick up a bunch of hours...

So yeah. Any updates would be welcome.

-TJ
  12. Jedidoria Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We'd like to try to meet to actually talk about how we can help out the Davis family right now...there's not a lot of other business that can't wait...but obviously, this is fairly pressing. If members can attend, that'll be great.

I don't have any details on the service to give anyone...if I hear anything though, I'll pass it along.
  13. JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Susan, Earl,

It so greatly saddens me at the loss of your son. He was a really neat guy. We will definitely miss him. But we can at least take comfort that he is in peace with the Lord now and that he will always be with us in spirit, especially when we remember him and talk about how great of a person he was. You and your family are in my prayers. @};-

Please do not hesitate to call me or to send me a PM if you need to talk.

--JediDarkNight
  14. Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    We would like to thank each and everyone of your for your love, support, and comfort that was sent our way this past week. He was a wonderful son and it was so nice to hear from everyone that also loved him. I know that I always call our group family but this week, it showed us that it is truly a family and we came together in our grief and we will get through this with all of you surrounding us with your love and support. Once again all in our family would like to thank the SVRF. What a wonderful group of people that has come together. We will be returning to activities as we are able but will not be gone for long.
  15. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm sorry I didn't write sooner

Dear Susan and Earl

I am sorry to hear of what happened to Marcus. It should not of happened to a good friend. To hang out and talk with was always awesome about all kinds of things anime, art, video game etc... He was thoughtful, helpful and caring. I will miss him.
    If there is any thing I can help with at all please let me know

Rus
  16. CaeliRose Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Susan and Earl,

I'm not sure if you remember me, but you have our deepest condolences at your loss. I know we're far away but if there is anything we can do for you let me know.

Lana

17. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    I don't quite know what prompted me to return to these boards after my protracted absence, but reading this announcement hurt me as though I had never been away. I am so sorry to hear that you lost Marcus, Susan and Earl. You are wonderful people and if I may quote Lord of the Rings, "No parent should have to bury their child". Know that my thoughts are with you in this trying time.
  18. JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So good to "hear" your voice, Tionne! It's so thoughtful of you to give your condolences to the Davises. I hope you're doing well.

--JediDarkNight
  19. Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thank you Bridget for your kind words. We have no words to describe our loss but we are slowly trying to get use to life without our boy. He did so many things with us that it is just unreal when we try to participate in any kind of activity. If you have any questions about the group, Marric is currently the Chancellor in charge.
  20. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I did not learn of this until today. I am so sorry for your loss. If there's anything you need, let me know. :(
  21. Jedidoria Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I miss Marcus and think of him often. :( I hope you know, Susan and Earl, that you are still in everyone's thoughts and prayers. We love you guys!!!
  22. Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    We do know that there is much love surrounding us through this. I have really been struggling with this lately as those of you that follow me on facebook know. I am trying to come to grips with it but my void and emptyness just keeps getting bigger everyday and the tears come more often. I know we will survive as we have talked to others that have lost children but just am not sure when and how. I appreciate others letting us know how much they miss him also as it shows me that I am okay in my grief and loss. He was such a big part of Earl's and mine life.... our best friend.
  23. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling

star 1
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Trefenwyd/roses.jpg] i um saw this image Mrs Susan and Mr Earl i thought of You Both, um i hope this image here touches You as well??@};-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.