Very sad news...

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by DanakinSkywalker, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It is with deep regret to inform you all that we've lost one of our own yesterday. On Friday evening (10/24) Chanel Vanecek (padme_skywalkr), of the San Francisco FanForce, passed away at the age of 23.

I had barely known Chanel. I saw her at Comic Con this year without really talking to her, but we've stayed in loose contact ever since. She was always a very nice person and she always helped out whenever possible. In all my time with these groups, not one single shred of a negative word had been said about her. This is truly a tragic loss.

Chanel is part of the living Force now, I hope that is a better place. The Force will be with you, always.

[image=http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/6/96/24/78069624ockhNZ_ph.jpg]

PS: If this whole thing wasn't tragic enough, Chanel leaves behind her little girl. I believe some sort of fund raiser is being set up for her, I'll keep you all posted on that.
  2. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am truly saddened by this. Chanel was a very nice person whom i met at comic-con. The force will be with her, always.
    Why do good people have to die and the terrible still live?
  3. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's an update with info about the fund raiser. I've copied this from Linda's post in San Diego's forum:

"I'm sure you have all heard by now, that a friend to many of us, and a fellow star wars fan, passed away on October 24, 2003. Chanel Vanecek was only 23 and a single parent of a little girl.

Brian, (Hand_Schaub), a friend of Chanel's and a member of the 501st, is going to be collecting the money from the sale of the decals the SDSWS is making to raise money for Chanel's daughters college fund. If you would like a decal or to make a donation for Chanel's daughter's college fund paypal $5 (or more) to:

schaub-art@sbcglobal.net.

Include your name and address so he can inform me whom to send the decals to. And be sure to put "Chanel" in the subject line.

[image=http://idisk.mac.com/micdavis/Public/ForChanelsm.jpg]

Later on, we will also try to petition Lucasfilm to have a CCG card made bearing Chanel's name or likeness for a character. This was done once before when a young Star Wars fan passed away.

Thanks so much for your support of Chanel and her daughter."

Also, the picture I posted above was one of Chanel. It worked for me but apparently not for others, so here is the address to another pic:

http://images3.fotki.com/v32/photos/4/42811/335474/cc2003uu-vi.jpg
  4. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. T0RG0-0424 Jedi Padawan

That truely is... :( .

Normally you hear very little if nothing at all on these things, but in FF's unlike in the JC these things are very close at heart, as not only was it a CR but also a very close friend to many hereon these boards. I cannot express my simpathy enough. I wish her little girl well :) .
  6. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I too met Chanel at Comic Con. This is definitly one of the worst things that could happen to anyone. If she died that young it makes you look at your own mortality. It makes you ask a lot of questions about your life as well. I'm 18, if I were to die who would remember me? Where would I go...? Nothing could possibly make us comprehend how this could happen to a person like Chanel.

Roads go ever ever on,
    Over rocks and under tree,
    By caves where never sun has shown,
    By streams that never find the sea.
    Over snow by winter sown,
    And through the merry flowers of June,
    Over grass and over stone,
    And under mountains in the moon.

Roads go ever ever on,
    Under cloud and under star,
    Yet feet that wandering have gone,
    Turn at last to home afar.
    Eyes that fire and sword have seen,
    And horror in the halls of stone,
    Look at last on meadows green,
    And trees and hills they have long known.

-"The Hobbit"

Thought it might convey part of my feelings on the matter.
  7. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's just so tragic, so young :(
  8. GenOochy Force Ghost

star 5
    So sad... :( I just depressed my self even more by checking out her lastest post...

"..Man knows not his hour..."

This may be inpolite, so excuse me if it is, but, what happened?

:(

This is very sad... I feel also for the little girl... :(
  9. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very inpolite to ask, it has been a few days...

You could have checked her San Francisco chapter if you were indeed saddened by her passing.
    The coldness of these boards sicken me.

May the force be with you Chanel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.