main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Veteran Clone Captain Rex all but confirmed to have appeared in ROTJ on Endor!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Thomo93, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    Captain Rex is one of my Top 5 favourite Star Wars characters ever and its awesome to see that he actually survives Rebels & that they have decided to embrace & retcon this popular fan theory and make it happen! Let us know what you's think :) Full story here: http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-rex-in-return-of-the-jedi/

Doom_Buggy, J7Luke, Lulu Mars and 2 others like this.
  2. RX-77

RX-77 Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2016
    Would be a neat bit of continuity for the character in to a live action film and the OT.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I hate to be a bubble burster, but given the accelerated ageing, it seems unlikely Rex would still be living at that point

Although it's never confirmed exactly how fast the process is once the war began, let's assume it's about 2.5 times normal
    By ROTJ, that would make him physically 90, and Nik Sant (name from old EU) doesn't exactly appear that old

Even assuming it's just twice normal speed, Rex would be physically 72, and such a high speed can't be good in terms of cellular health, especially for one who's been a soldier practically for all of their existence

I can't say I'd be opposed to it, however; but I find it just a bit unlikely

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    filoni was teasing about this.

Thomo93 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I could see people easily head-canoning this, giving the similar appearances, but I don't know if we'll get anything beyond Filoni's comment.

6. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Interesting speculation.

The bearded white guy of the Alliance strike team could have just been someone who had been on Endor before and provided useful knowledge of the location to the team (that he was picked to pretend to be an Imperial scout could suggest that combat experience wasn't his strong suit). On the other hand he should then have been able to brief the others about the domestic wildlife.

This would speak for Rex, but given his wealth of experience would he not have been the one to accompany the others into the bunker? [face_dunno]

7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Lt. Hija said it best.

It's nice for many people to imagine, however.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It's a cute retcon, but I agree with Seagoat. The internal rules of the series' world pretty much precludes this from being feasible. If Rex hasn't aged to death by Return of the Jedi, he's probably too old to be of much use in an active combat situation.

AshiusX likes this.
  9. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    This is one of the reasons why I love fandom. Sometimes the theories just cling true in an almost poetic way. I have no particular view on the character, but the story certainly is good.

Other times the ideas and opinions of the fans are less flattering, but there will always be exceptions to the rule.

Thomo93 likes this.
  10. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    I'm nor sure , uh ... it's not really ... or ... uhm ...
    ???
    (Have no idea how to feel about this)

11. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

I must say, that's a very interesting idea! It's ties together different bits of the saga neatly. I love this idea! :D

Doom_Buggy, CoolyFett and Thomo93 like this.
  12. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    It'd be an easy thing to do. The accelerated aging is doubled, I think, which would put Rex at 72 or so. Considering 120 is a fairly normal age for humans to reach in the GFFA, and Rex is considered an "ideal specimen", he'd be fine as part of the raiding force. If we get information at some point about the aging process being reverted to normal it'd be even better.

Thomo93 likes this.
  13. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Not to insult anybody, but this idea is asinine. First the old guy in ROTJ is clearly white, not Kiwi decent like a Jango clone. Second Rex is a cartoon, not a live action character. Thrid, he is only in spinoff cartoon shows, not live action films, he is pretty mach a EU character.

Davak24 and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  14. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    Boba Fett was in a cartoon before he was ever in any of the live action films and that didn't mean he couldn't also be a live action character. Also your comment about him being a EU character is wrong because SW Rebels isn't EU, it's just as cannon as the films are.

15. Thomo93

Oct 27, 2015

Yeah I get ya, but it wouldn't hurt to use a bit of imagination. Its like the same scenario when they replaced actors for Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies, your mind will adapt, as long as the actors don't look to much different of course. Plus, you can't even really make out the troopers face properly in Return Of The Jedi anyway because of his helmet. He only appears on screen like 3-4 times in the film anyway & the closest shot you see of him in the image below. To me, he looks tanned enough to pass for a Fett Clone.

Also for anyone thinking that he would most likely be either dead or 'too old' to fight by the time of ROTJ. You have to remember, Clone Troopers were genetically enhanced soldiers that were created for combat at almost any given age. Not to say they would still be able to fight at like 100 (Clone years old), but they would be more capable of doing more physical demanding things than an ordinary aged human would at say, the age of 70ish. Rex's Clone age in Star Wars Rebels would be between 63-64 years old & by the time of the events of The Battle of Endor, he would be around 71-72 (Clone years old), so he would most likely still be able to fight, just not as much as he used to. His real age however, would be between 35-36. Since he was born in 32 BBY & the Battle of Endor took place in 4 ABY.

I think a lot of people misunderstand and think that Clone Troopers only live relatively 10-15 or maybe 20 (Normal years) because of the accelerated ageing, and they die. I highly doubt its that fast. lol
    [​IMG]

16. Thomo93

Oct 27, 2015
    Also, here a picture I made of him on endor :)
    [​IMG]

17. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    I'm compelled to play devil's advocate.

Did Rex survive the Battle of Endor? (We saw some dead bodies, but I'm not sure the bearded guy's was among these).

And another thought. Being familiar with Republic protocol and assuming it's not too different from Imperial one, leaving Rex behind makes sense. Further assuming that clone troopers are still in the Empire service, having somebody ask him to remove his helmet would have revealed nothing out of the ordinary: just another old clone. ;)

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, we have to see if Rex survives the rest of "Rebels" given what happened in "Twilight Of The Apprentice".

thejeditraitor and Lt. Hija like this.
  19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Not sure if this is on-topic, but it's my headcanon that Hera was flying one of the B-Wings in the Battle of Endor.

Thomo93 and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Filoni has said that not everyone will die at the end of "Rebels". So it is very reasonable that Hera, Sabine, Chopper, Sato and Zeb took part in the Battle of Endor. Maybe Ryder and Ketsu as well.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Since you mentioned it, could Sato be the officer behind General Madine? ;)

Regarding the others, it's quite possible, considering there were so many other and different vessels in the background shot of the Rebel fleet (and partially during the battle).

thejeditraitor likes this.
  22. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture with Sato from Rebels Season Two, for those that are yet unfamiliar with the character.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  23. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Why does he keep doing that????

Always keeping people alive for such a large amount of time.....

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Why does everyone have to die? There's no specific rule that says the crew of the Ghost has to die, just because they're not seen in the films. As to keeping people alive, well, blame the sale to Disney which resulted in "The Clone Wars" being cancelled before the stories could be wrapped off leading into ROTS. That said, "Twilight Of The Apprentice" just had
    Ahsoka fight Vader and apparently, he fatally wounded her and three of the Inquisitors were killed off.
    Filoni's acknowledged that since the Inquisitors aren't in the OT, that they're being phased out. While Ezra and Kanan's stories are really up in the air, the other main cast members can easily carry over to the OT films, even if we don't see them in said films. And since we know that the entire fleet was assembled in ROTJ, it stands to reason that everyone who was part of the Alliance was at Sullest and went on to Endor. That would include Phoenix Squadron and the Ghost.

25. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    AOTC never said anything about accelerated aging, only growth acceleration which is different, growth and aging are related but are two different processes. The line in AOTC implies the clones just mature faster into adulthood and age normally as adults. Having an army that grows old twice as fast doesn't make sense, but it seems Filoni and others have ran with that idea. That is an interesting idea that clones would be engineered to stay combat effective to a very late age and it makes sense.

As for EU, I meant Rex never appears in any of the live action films and this is a poor attempt to shoehorn him into a film. The rebel in ROTJ is just a normal old white dude, not a kiwi clone. Rebels, just like TCW, often deviates from the films by a good bit, canon doesn't mean they mesh well.

Darth Caliban and Davak24 like this.