main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Veteran Clone Captain Rex all but confirmed to have appeared in ROTJ on Endor!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Thomo93, Apr 1, 2016.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Who cares if it meshes well? It's a movie.

Doom_Buggy and Thomo93 like this.
  2. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015

Very well said :)

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I am incorporating this into my head canon

Thomo93 likes this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Good lord...

V-2 likes this.
  5. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    there are ways though, suspened animation exists in the star wars universe and that's just one possibility. Old eu had clones looking into a way to extend their lives in the 501st books.

6. Thomo93

Oct 27, 2015
    I really hope there is a comic or novel that gets released about Rex someday, were getting one about Ahsoka. I really hope they do one for Rex too on either his life prior to Rebels or what he did after the Rebellion topped the Empire. :D

Doom_Buggy likes this.
  7. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Is this canon now?

8. NightWalker1138

NightWalker1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    Impressive idea! It would be funny XDD I don't think it spoils nothing. It would be a nice wink and a great link between the TV show and the movies.

Maybe they can make BB8 is the son of R2 too XDD! I'm only joking. May the Force be with you ;-)

9. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Maybe the age acceleration works only until a certain age and stopps then.

10. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I've always liked to believe that the accelerated growth thing was only in effect during the clones' formative years. Otherwise, rapidly aging men in their prime during a war seems detrimental. I'd like to believe this is how more clones were incorporated into the Stormtrooper ranks. Though I guess current canon assumes that accelerated aging never really stops.

Also, Nik Sant is one of the most interesting extras when it comes to the Rebel Strike team. First of all, he already stands out by being an older gentlemen (but we also start to see women being incorporated as well). And also, the whole Scout Trooper disguise was crazy. I've never noticed it during the film, but it's an amazing bit of detail that reinforces that the Rebels still had their cunning (despite the fight mainly being focused around the Ewoks). If it does turn out to be Rex, that'd be a nice nod to see him back in the armor. Technically, Nik Sant hasn't been introduced into the new canon yet, so it's still possible. I like Rebels/Clone Wars giving satisfying backstories to interesting extras and minor characters in the films, though I'm not sure I would've jumped to the conclusion that the guy was a clone.

AshiusX and Darth Caliban like this.
  11. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    One thing to keep in mind: That old man's image in the ROTJ only fits Rebel depiction and the animation-style of the character. If Rex was a live action character, he would look something like this
    :[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Thomo93

Oct 27, 2015
    In the new Canon, there were still some Jango Fett Clone's still in service as Imperial Stormtroopers up past the events of The Battle Of Yavin. They were just a rarity just due to most being around before the Empire ofcourse. Perfect example is a Fett Clone who guys by the name of 'Torrent'. Who served as a Stormtrooper Captain under the command of Alecia Beck. He appears in the Canon novel, Star Wars: Smuggler's Run.
    Then, another Fett Clone who goes on to serve as a Stormtrooper Sergeant is Sgt. Crest. Who appears in the Canon novel Tarkin, which takes place 8 years after the Clone Wars. So its great to see that Disney arn't forgetting the Clones & are re incorperating them into the 'new' Canon material.
    You can find the info on both the Clones here:
    Clone Trooper Torrent: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-828
    Clone Trooper Crest: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crest

SlashMan likes this.
  13. Thomo93

Oct 27, 2015
    Filoni said he's going to make it happen, so most probably :)

Darth Formidious likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    When I see it in a reference book - (or possibly the Databank, or possibly a novel/comic) I'll say "it's canon now" - but not before.

15. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

That's great! I'm beginning to like Filoni. ;)

Thomo93 likes this.
  16. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Something to keep in mind is that humans in the SW universe can live to well over 100. Some non-Force wielding humans can make it to 150 with good medical care.

17. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

Source?

18. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Previously established continuity, which has not been contradicted.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Im thinking the Clones were ordered 31BBY, and if Rex is one of the first batch, by ANH he would 62 and 70 by ROTJ. What if he was created AFTER 31BBY but before 22BBY? That would make him younger than 72 yrs old.

21. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    LOL the above post about Rex being EU is funny, not because it is false, but because Slicer does not view Rex or TCW characters as important. He is right. George's movies dont need the Filoniverse of cartoons and visa versa. Both can actually stand on their own. I think the one canon story is too much to keep up with in my opinion so I understand when people dont take ALL of Star Wars as official Star Wars. As far as Rex goes I look at Sly Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger they are all up there in age still doing action movies. I would say the Nik Sant guy looks older than Sly and Arnold who both 70 years old.

Slicer87 likes this.
  22. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Clone Wars is part of the George Universe. It was created under his Executive Producership.

23. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013

However, TCW also has major differences with the live action films, which makes considering it all as one story problematic. It may be better to consider Star Wars as more of a genre of stories than a single story. Lucas once told Filoni that continuity is for wimps. For example, Maul did die in TPM, Republic gunships are low attitude aircraft, Ashoka is never even mentioned in the films nor is Rex, Ventress and Maul's brother goes against the rule of two, etc.

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This is why I hate the cartoons and EU...they try and piggy-back off the great OT and change things to force connections.

V-2 likes this.
  25. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015

If Darth Maul died in the Phantom Menace then why is he still around in Star Wars: The Clone Wars? Isn't this the exact same thing as saying that Anakin died before A New Hope because the film it's self states it to be so? Did you know that in real life people have literally been officially pronounced dead, only later to be found still alive? Does this mean they aren't really alive despite having all of their vital signs, just because somebody at some point said it? Think McFly. Think.