main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV VIC!!! Read this!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthRaith, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Vic, I'm moving this weekend which means my wife and I wont be there this Saturday and with one of us already gone I was wondering if we could cancel/postpone the next rpg session until a week from Saturday. I dont want to miss this one and it would be lame with so many gone anyway

2. Toku_Blint

Toku_Blint Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Hey! I don't want to cancel ANOTHER game this month! I would be very sad if there were no game this week. Besides, there are 12-15 people who play the RPG, it would be unfair to cancel just because two can't come (unless the two missing are GM's of course).

3. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    I just meant Vic's group, not everybody.

4. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    why not have the GM play your characters??

5. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    Well becuase I want to play the battle and there's only going to be two of you at this point.

6. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ...oh fiddlesticks!

fine

7. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    you said fiddlesticks... HAHAHA

8. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    hmmm..... what to do what to do....

I wonder how viable it would be to do this online... DarthRaith, you and Jonny would be able to check and post often, but what about our other two players...

Raith, Jonny, Petra and Jaded Jedi, and Lady Obi Wan, how do you all feel about me starting up a 'private' thread just for our sub-group- we would play the game in that thread. All public action will be handled in the thread, all private action can be handled via private messages, or on the phone. This way, we could start playing as soon as Thursday, and (assuming we skip Saturday night) we could continue playing into next week up until next Saturday night. I would need the following:

1. be honest with your rolls

2. email me your character sheets (scan or retype) incase you are inaccessible and the action needs to continue...

3. Roll a 20 sider about 20 times, and give me those 20 rolls, in order. Once you officially roll the d20, the next 19 rolls are official too. There can be no picking and choosing of which ones you submit. Be honest, and besides, you never know when rolling low will be a good thing ;)

4. check the boards several times a day, if you can.

If any of you end up not checking the board or your Private Messages, and we are waiting on you, I can then use one of your d20 rolls you gave me and play your character. If you know you will be absent from the boards for a bit, you can PM me and declare your intent for me to play your character.

This will be doable, I think. At the very least, it will be fun to try and see if it works out.

What do you say?

9. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    well, Vic, while this a good idea I wouldn't be able to participate because I'm going to California and I won't have access to a computer, however, Jaded_Jedi was already going to play my character so if she says she'll do it then I'm in, it kinda sucks though because the fun of the battle is being in the group and seeing each others faces and what not, but do what you will, I would be ok if you guys held of till a week from saturday cause then I could be there my self and make sure I don't once again get shot at point blank range 8-} but it's up to you guys, whatever you decide is fine with me......

10. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    get shot?....or kicked in the FACE!!!

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ah... see what happens Petra, when you kick unconscious, almost dead people in the face? Inevitably, you will have to miss a game, and who knows what they'll try to do to you while you're gone...

12. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    This would be cool if I wasn't moving. Computer not plugged in and all that.

13. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Hey, I'm cool with that...although I don't know how well I would be able to play two characters at once on the internet.

14. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    however, Talon, you will remember that our loving GM did not allow me to kick an unconcious mostly dead guy in the face anyways..... that was kinda poopy.... I really just want to kill someone, another reason I want you to wait till next week if at all possible... the last fight I was out for the count... I want to get in on the action.... [face_devil] but whatever... I trust Jaded to play my character and she has my character sheet so whatever, dudes.....

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    SO MOTE IT BE!

The game run by Vic will be cancelled until next week. In the mean time, you will all just have to wait. That's okay, all that extra time gives ME extra time to think of all kinds of nasty surprises for you...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Kronos' game is still on, however.

Just kidding about the nasty surprise thing.

I will probably still come out on Saturday, to hang out at Kronos' table.

Have fun moving, Darth Wraith! If you need a bit of help, give me a call, I can probably break away for a couple of hours.

16. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    yeah I'll come Saturday night also, you want me to bring Star Wars Trivial Pursuite? Those of us in Talon's group that can come can play that if you want.

17. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Hi, im from the vegas forums, and i was wondering if i could join the rpg whenever you guys started another one. I havent had a chance to play it so i am new to it but i could come and watch you guys in the game your doing now. Also what dates/times do you guys normally play cause i do work. thanks :)

18. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    we play on sat. nights around 8:30pm You could probably start a character now and join in since we pretty much just started this game...

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

Yeah, that should be no problem, Protoss. BTW, welcome to our board!

This Saturday won't be a regular game, but next Saturday should be. Even if you want to come this Saturday and hang out, we could get you started on your character or something.

This campaign is sort of 'open enrollment'- meaning we will take on new players.

8:40 is our official meeting time on Saturday nights, and we usually play every Saturday night at Green Valley Christian Center, 711 Valle Verde Ct. in Henderson. Nearest cross streets are Valle Verde and Sunset. We play in the lobby, usually.

Our rules are kinda simple: No booze, drugs, cussing, etc. We try to keep it clean, as we have a variety of ages playing. The content of our games is generally PG-13, although it can get kinda violent sometimes.

Let me know if you're going to join us!

20. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    sounds cool, i work saturdays till 4pm, i actually live in henderson so i think im close by where you guys are playing at. I think i will come by tommorrow and meet you guys and learn some about the rpg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.