main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph vice principals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Jul 24, 2016.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I will say that the first half of the first season was a lot stronger than the second half. I'd blame the plot as it took the jerk out of Danny McBride's character, so to speak, to show the audience that he is a caring father and a potential boyfriend from his love interest. As an audience member, I find myself, as always, cheering for the protagonist, but he's not as funny as he was in the beginning because he's not being as mean, and that's what I was craving because that's the part he normally places. It's weird and maybe ironic that Danny directs and writes the episodes and he took the wind out of the sails of his character just to serve the plot. I guess it's a double edged sword.

Surprisingly, with Danny/Gamby staring at the face of victory in the penultimate episode, he throws it all away out of loyalty for Goggins/Russell, but shows no trust or loyalty to King/Snodgrass. I'll definitely be tuning in for the season finale as well as the 2nd season that appears to be completed or at least written already.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Yeah I honestly still don buy gamby as a good father or potential boyfriend even though the show clearly wants us to

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    "i could open you up with this, gail. but i will not, because i am a principal now"

also holy **** that ending was a bit of a left turn but i suppose not totally out of place by jody hill standards

theories, folks?

imho, plausible suspects include lee trying to remove gamby from contention for permanent principal, someone hired/sent by belinda (probably blithe or dacious), the history teacher (i think this is dumb but i guess its possible), the creepy music teacher that's obsessed with gamby, that one student that gamby has in his doghouse for unfair reasons (also dumb), lee's mother-in-law (dumb/shooter was too tall), or (and this is the most interesting one as much as i hope it isnt true), ray has been a psychopath all along and is trying to remove gamby so he can be janelle's dad

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Lee is the super obvious choice to the point that I want to remove him from the suspects because it would be too perfect if he was able to put it all on the both Gamby and Belinda to keep his hands clean of the entire thing. It's also super obvious that Gamby is going to survive and be back for the next season so if the killer was meant to kill him, he/she would have by done so by shooting him in the head or heart. The killer appeared to be in no rush.