main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'Vicious Circle' RE: The OC Story Dueling Circle Challenge Posted: 1/19/06 Aothor Replies up 2/14/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Written for the 15?th OC Story Dueling Circle Challenge: I was thinking recently about how sometimes people don't know themselves as well as they think they do. It can be a surprise (welcome or not so welcome) to find out that you don't react to certain things like you thought you would. And so here it is: The OC discovers a side to their personality that they didn't know they had.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Coruscant, the lower levels?

?Wanté, please! I beg of you, don?t do this. Please don?t do this.?

?Why not?? Wanté stared at me with her beautiful dark brown eyes. They pierced my soul. Her eyes were filled with sorrow. I could sense the torment going on within her. I could see it in her eyes. My heart broke.

?Why not?? She asked again. ?I?ve got nothing else to live for.?

?Wanté??

?Screw you!? She screamed at me. Her hand began shaking, and with it the blaster she was holding to her temple. ?You?ve ruined my life. You and your kriffing Jedi friends. You betrayed us! You betrayed me!?

?Please, Wanté!? I took a step toward her, reaching my hand out to her. ?Give me the gun, my darling. I love you.?

Coruscant, the lower levels, six months earlier?

?This is a job for security officers, Master, not Jedi!? I yelled over the whistling wind. I was piloting our air-speeder so fast, the engines were whining. I was clenching the steering controls with such intensity, my knuckles were turning white.

?Our job is to protect the innocent, Typo. That doesn?t just mean flying into space battles against the Seps? with all guns blazing. That means the innocents of Coruscant too.?

?But we?re Jedi! Couldn?t they get Coruscant?s police to handle this??

Claws nodded, his mane of frizzy black hair blowing in the wind. ?Yes they could have. But I requested we have this mission.?

?What?!? My eyes furrowed in confusion. I had never taken my Master Claws to be the cowardly type. He enjoyed the thrill of space battles as much as I did. Why this sudden change of heart?

?The Council and I have decided that you?ve been under a lot of stress lately.?

My mood instantly darkened. ?Stress??

?Yes.? Some of Claws? old spark returned. ?Don?t you know what the word stress means? The correct definition of the word stress according to Kebbster?s dictionary is: mental, emotional, or physical strain caused, for example, by anxiety or overwork. It may cause such symptoms as raised blood pressure, depression??

?I know what the word stress means.? I growled. I wasn?t in the mood for joking around. In the old days I probably would have made some joke about Claws keeping a dictionary in his back pocket, or?something. But not anymore. Not since Valor. Not since the black hole.

?That?s exactly what I mean!? Claws pointed out. ?You?ve gotten?angrier. Tense. Reserved.?

?What, and you think chasing after some petty thief is going to help??

?No, but it will give you some time off from the war.?

?I don?t need time off from the war! I need to get out there! I need to help! I?m a Jedi!?

?Yes, but even Jedi need some time off, sometimes. And you my friend, need some time off.?

I scowled. Nothing would ever be the same. I would never be the same.

=-=-=-=-=-=

?You take that way, I?ll go this way. Maybe if we split up we?ll find her faster.?

?Her??

?Yes, Typo, ?her?. Weren?t you paying any attention during the briefing??

I scratched my head. ?Well?I had more important things to think about??

?Yeah? Like what?? Claws held up his finger before I could answer. ?You know what? Don?t answer that. Here?s the picture of the woman we are trying to catch. She?s a petty theft, stealing things such as death sticks, alcohol, and the like.?

I rolled my eyes, taking the picture. ?This is such a waste of time! There are millions of thefts just like her.?

?Yes, and they?re all breaking the law.? Claws said sternly. ?This woman?s name is Wanté Niss; she has stolen thousands of credits wor

2. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    woah...woah...that was a surprise ending. I didn't quite expect this development with Typo. Good story, M_K. I like it.

3. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    WOW! Huge surprize in the ending! I totally didn't see it coming. :eek: Poor Typo. Does the guy ever get a break?

-Commander Tharen-

4. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    :eek:

That ending...shavit...

When my eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness, I instinctively headed for the back of the room, grabbing a glass of the local ale off a droid?s serving tray on my way. It tasted awful?like dirty dish water.

Ew. A description capable of making me shudder. Just ew.

?Let me tell you a little secret. I think the Jedi are after me too.?

I swallowed. ?Really??

?Mm-hmm. As a matter of fact, there?s a Jedi in this very cantina.?

?There is??

?That?s right. And he?s sitting right in front of me.? She bolted.

Sneaky girl; niave Typo. Nice touch though.:p

I never suspected?but I should have. The Jedi betrayed me. Or maybe I betrayed them.

What a quandry. It's philisophical debate that can go on forever...[face_thinking]

I loved it Mere_K! (are we being privy to your future after A Promise fulfilled????)

5. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

?I guess you pampered little Jedi students don?t hear of what goes on in your own backyard. We?re homeless. At night we freeze. By day we starve. We do what we must to survive. This building we?re in is an abandoned cloth manufacturing plant. We use the abandoned materials they left behind to keep warm. We have to steal food if we want to eat. We live alongside rats. In squalor. We live in fear that the law enforcement will discover us and run us out. Does that sum it up enough for you??

It must be so difficult for Jedi when faced with hardship like this right next to them. Of course it's going to affect a young, impressionable, idealistic padawan.

As the others have said, surprising ending (but a very good one). Another sad but excellent response to the challenge.

6. ceridwen1977

ceridwen1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2005
    Wanté lifted the gun to her temple. I tried to stop her. But I was too late. If there was one thing my Wanté had loved, it was freedom. She thought I had betrayed her. She thought I had gained her trust just so I could later reveal her hiding spot to the Jedi. I had unintentionally broken her heart. She no longer wanted to live. And now she no longer did.

:_|

It was so sad that after all the help he gave them Wante still couldn't trust Typo. I also like the ambiguity of not knowing really what happened with the Jedi

=D= I love stories that change your expectations of a happy ending

I hate the Jedi. Never in my life did I think I would feel this way. But I do now. I left the Order. I never was a stranger to loneliness, but now it is my best friend

:_| :_|

7. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow! That was a intense story.
    I love the effect that the picture had a Typo.
    The ending broke my heart.

Beautiful!!

8. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    That was amazing! Really good answer to the challenge.

The homeless of Coruscant. Guess I never thought that in the gffa there would be the same issues as in RL. So very, very sad. Your Typo is a great OC!

Well done!=D=

9. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Rogue_Pilot_2347: Thanks! To tell you the truth, I didn't expect it either. I was planning to end it quite differently but...I don't know. It just happened.

MoeTharen: Nope. I'm so evil to him :_| [face_plain] :)

corellian_ale: Thanks, c_ale! Actually, I am making a WIP with Typo in it, but it's set before this story. But I am going to make something in the future about Typo and his life after he leaves the Order. ;)

Winged_Jedi: [:D] Thank you very much.

ceridwen1977: Thank you!

oqidaun: Thanks so much!

PadwanKayla: [face_blush] Oh wow, thank you!

Thanks very much all of you! I appreciate each and every one of your comments [:D]

10. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Very interesting and sad story. I really felt for Typo. :_|

11. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Lovely-in-Orange: Thanks for reading! [:D] I'm glad you liked it, and that Typo's feelings portrayed well. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.