main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Victoria Based Fan Films???? AND HOW!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lightsaber11, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    I have read the posts on this site, and realize I'm about a month too late. But I am a huge fan of Star Wars, always have been (The Forbidden Love Trailer makes my nipples hard 5 times a day). I have made fan films in the past with a few friends from my highschool English class. I have long since graduated but still thoroughly interested. I am 6'1", black hair, dark looking eyes. I can weild a double bladed lightsaber, and have done so frequently in the past. I also am proficient with single bladed sabers... (I speak as if I actually have a pair of working lightsabers, which i don't). I can battle. I can stunt. I can get people to help. I'm sure my friend TonyWanKenobi will help us. Together we are a virtual Star Wars encyclopedia.

Point being... I am interested in collaberating with local fans on any project. In fact, my career goal is to be the head of a film company, much like Lucasfilm. I am 19, I have experience in acting, i have done musicals and film. I am anxious to hear from anyone in the Victoria area who is interested in collaberating on a film. I will act. I will dance. I will juggle bantha fodder in the great court of the long deceased Jabba the Hutt. I am eager. Get it. VERY eager. Bristling with talent if you must...

Someone, anyone. Respond. I guarantee with hard work, and time spent, we can create something special... and no, i don't mean special as in "special", i mean really truly honestly special.

Awaiting reply.

Lightsaber11

you can email me at zanyschemes@hotmail.com

Thank you.

May the Force be with you.

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *perks up eagerly* Whoa now! You mean there's someone else in this town who's up to making a fan film? Seriously? Oh, it's such a relief to know I'm not alone....you have *no* idea. :) I was really starting to worry for a while there....

Sounds like you'd be up for a real challenge, then....and given your own professed skills with the lightsaber, am I right in presuming that you'd prefer a project with those in mind? Because I've been working on writing just such a thing....and something of, well, perhaps a bit of an epic scale at that. (I mean, epic as opposed to a five or ten-minute piece)

Now, I hope that's not an overly nerve-wracking or frightful notion....it's just that you've expressed a *lot* of energy, excitement and enthusiasm and I'm *very* glad to see that....and of course it gets me, too, incredibly gung-ho and rarin' to go and all that. :) Think what we could do!

So, yes....I'm *very* much relieved. :) Yay!

Dawn.

3. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    Sorry if this reply is a little late. I just spent the entire weekend breaking my ASS on Whistler. On dad's bill of course... Expensive stuff that snowboarding and drinking beer in resort towns...

Yes, i'm overly eager.
    I'd love to discuss the concept you're looking at, as of course I have my own ideas and would love to see how they could integrate with your own.

Don't let my grammer up there ^ lead you on... I am by no means a sophisticated speaker, in fact, i can only express myself in a recognizably intellegent manner when I am typing... In other words, i don't use big words in person...

But yah, on with the show... do you have ICQ or MSN messenger or something so that we can have an idea comparison session... if so, let me know... I have no idea how to contact you other than over this board, so if you could let me know of an easier way we could get the ball rolling.

There are many things we can do. Let's do all the best things first, and then if we make mistakes we do the best things again but better.

Too bad we can't sell this stuff hey?

anyways, get back to me.

lightsaber 11....

if u want info on me check the post below this one, i'm at the very bottom.
    with the jango fett icon.

4. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *grins* All that sounds good to me.... I think it would be a great thing, on many levels, to see an interest in fan films in Victoria - certainly in no small part because other cities and communities seem to have such thriving fan bases and all the resources they need to do what *they* want....but darned if we can find that same thing in *Victoria*, eh? At least until most recently, it seems. :)

So, yes....it's most definitely good to see renewed interest in a Victoria-area fan film - because I'm sure we could put on something great....and that's not just because I've long-felt that *my* idea is a splendid one. ;) Really, there *is* more to it than that! *laughs*

Let me know in any case.... My ICQ # is:

....and I'm on Yahoo! IM as well if that would work.... Let's see what can be done! When I feel so marvellously optimistic, as I do right now....it seems to me that pretty much *anything* is possible. :)

Dawn.

5. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    Let the instant messaging begin.
    We were born on the same day.

6. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, it's been a while and things have been awfully quiet in here of late....a bit *too* quiet, if you ask me. Gee, I find that rather disquieting. ;) So, what's the good word then, eh? Any news....brainstorming or thoughts, inspiration of one kind or another....musings....anything?

Ta,

Dawn.

7. dexters

dexters Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Victoria eh? That is too bad. I'm on the mainland continental North America, in the lower mainland and I'd love to help out in a fan film project.

I just don't have the resources, time, skill, and energy to actually initiate it.

But I have ideas.

8. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hello? Hello? Anyone still here? That is, anyone besides me? *echo echo* Oh, great, now I'm feeling lonely....

Dawn. (who sincerely hopes that this topic isn't a - gasp! - dead one because she's not about to let it go)

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I'm still watching these boards from the background guys and girls. I'm still willing to offer some help if any is needed. I'd still like to see an official Fan Force chapter born in the west.

Let me know if you need any help.

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    An official Fan Force chapter in the West....hrm.... Sounds like a great, worthwhile idea, I'll agree - but I'm getting the distinct impression that something like that may hinge on....communication....and it seems like we all feel a bit isolated, alone maybe, though I *have* to wonder about that when we're all on the Lower Mainland and even blessedly on the Island....I mean, *honestly*, where *are* all you people?! Hiding, are we? ;) Hm....tricky....not impossible, just - very tricky is all, it would seem.

Oh, and by the by - this is a quick notification for Nolan Gibson: I can't get at my ICQ now, thanks to the fact that my computer's internal modem completely fried over a week ago....argh, don't get me started!....so for you, then, or for anyone else for that matter, I suppose - the best and most reliable way by far to reach me is at my other E-mail address, and it's the one I check *numerous* times a day: (putting it mildly)

uu763@victoria.tc.ca

Now, then....I'm *not* giving up on the idea of putting together a darn good fanfilm....I've had the idea for so long now that I feel like I can't afford to give up on it, that wouldn't be fair. And I'm really hoping that there are others who feel the same way....:)

Dawn.

11. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    Dawn and friends

Drop your ideas on me.
    Post haste.

The only way to get the ball rolling is to roll the ball...

- Ancient Nolanese Proverb

I have net access so lets get stupid folks....

12. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm in Victoria too, and eager to connect with other local fans (see my post on the "Victoria board? Cool!" thread on the Victoria board.

I've done acting and musicals too, and I can sew and make costumes for such a production. Sabre fighting? Well, I have no experience, but I'd be willing to learn! :)

- Rani

13. Lightsaber11

Nov 22, 2001
    I suppose I should reply to my own posts.

Gaad... ;)

anyway, eager to meet you Rani, Dawn as well. Hopefully Derisa shows.

14. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Oh, Derisa will be there, L11, I'll make sure of it.

I'm her ride. :)

Looking forward to tonight!

- Rani

15. Master_Dao_Rin

Master_Dao_Rin Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2002
    Hi guys.

I'm a budding filmmaker right here in Victoria, and I graduated from the Victoria Motion Picture School in 2000.

I'm setting up a production company - hopefully by the end of the year - it'll be small time stuff, of course, but with some excellent short films under my belt I should get bigger and bigger. <crosses fingers>

I would be interested in helping to produce such a film, as long as people would be willing to put the time and effort into making a serious go of this. I have contacts with various actors and film crew personnel in the city that might be willing to help out if we approach them with a serious proposal.

I can get this done, but I can't do it by myself. If you're really serious, and all going to be in this FanForce lineup for AotC, we can talk about it.

Email me at: tloql@shaw.ca

Rani, I've emailed you, but haven't received a reply yet ... can I join? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.