JCC Victories and Triumphs!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mortimer Snerd, May 9, 2013.

1. Mortimer Snerd Jedi Master

star 4
    Today I had an hour-long conversation with my ex-wife. We were able to make it through the hour without a single shred of bitterness or contempt, which is a big deal. She actually needed my permission to hire my attorney who wouldn't grant her his services unless I said it was okay, what with it being a conflict of interest and all that. She has a criminal record, needs it expunged, and my attorney happens to be the guy who's good at this.

I am in a position of power. I said I'd think about it. What are your current positions of power and/or victories? Why are you feeling great right now?

Edit: This is pretty much the OPPOSITE of the first world problems thread. Convenient little wins, if that's conceivable.
    Last edited by Mortimer Snerd, May 9, 2013
  2. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm not feeling great at all, and haven't had a personal victory in quite sometime.

I need a drink. :p
    Last edited by DarthTunick, May 9, 2013
  3. Mortimer Snerd Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's your personal victory from me to you, Armen: Your neckbeard rivals any I've ever seen. I mean that, and I've decided that next time I'm in L.A. I am going to seek a meeting with you and obtain a picture of me touching said glorious neckbeard....if that's cool with you of course.
  4. tom Force Ghost

star 6
    i'm broke but i get paid tomorrow and there's beer in the fridge.
  5. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Jedi Master

star 5
    Instead of taking care of everyone else, I am going to take care of myself tomorrow. For an hour. At the spa. Yea. And then I will go back to taking care of people :p
  6. Mortimer Snerd Jedi Master

star 4
    A triumph to be sure!
    DarthTunick likes this.
  7. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Of course you can touch the beard, Mort.
    Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  8. Mortimer Snerd Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I just died and went to beard heaven.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  9. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    I graped a final this morning, being my last actual test forever. Oddly enough, after years of doing horrible at tests with terrible memory, I sat down to this one and busted out legal details with numeric stats and dates, without even having studied. I think my brain has been trolling me all this time.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    How does one take care of themselves at the spa...? If you can give yourself a deep tissue massage you win the "Power" part of the thread, hands down. Or hands behind your back, rather...
  11. CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master

star 4
    [IMG]

When you've got beer, you don't need money.
  12. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I finally managed to cancel my son's Club Penguin membership, after something like 6 tries.
    jp-30 likes this.
  13. Darth Morella Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I received brownies in exchange for a favor. I had already agreed to do it before knowing there'd be a chocolatey reward. Score!
  14. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Jedi Master

star 5
    I actually do give my calves deep tissue massages 2x a week because standing for 8-10 hours a day takes it toll. I can only massage my own shoulders, no middle back stuff yet. Need moar yoga in order to do that. Or just destroy my shoulder ligaments again.
  15. Arawn_Fenn Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I just found out that something I had wanted to happen in an upcoming movie, but didn't think would happen, is actually going to happen.

So it's part victory/triumph, part I've got to stop always getting spoiled for everything.
    MrZAP likes this.
  16. Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I got out of the house late this morning and was sure I'd be late dropping my daughter off at school but traffic was exceptionally light and we made it.
  17. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
  18. LostOnHoth Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I actually received all of the food I ordered and paid for at the McDonalds drive thru. A first. Shakes fists in triumph.
    Last edited by LostOnHoth, May 11, 2013
  19. ophelia Cards Against Humanity Host. Ex-Mod

Game Host
    star 6
    A guy texted me today to tell me I was cute. :)
  20. Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    My puppy relaxed and watched TV with me. Normally she just jumps on me and treats me like a chew toy.
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    My laurels are thriving, and a little baby bud is joining the two fresh sprigs that have already grown in addition to the three main central sprigs that I had to begin with.

And no, I'm not being figurative. I literally have a laurel plant. :p
    Jedi Merkurian, MrZAP and Sauntaero like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    My youngest cat, the only one who never goes outside, got out last night, sending my 6-year-old into a "Where's Midnight??" panic this morning (and I was a little worried myself). I told him that cats are pretty good at finding their way home and to wait awhile before being sad. The cat showed up at the back door as I was getting my second cup of coffee.

I love being right, almost as much as I love having safe pets and happy kids.
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Darthkat76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm one of three network techs at work. One is in deep **** and the other isn't all that great at his job. If I were to give my two week notice (which I have been considering), they would be in deep **** with staff depth.
  24. Darth Morella Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My husband and I went to buy an edible arrangement to give as a Mothers Day gift and the cashier entered the wrong code when she rang us up so we got it for cheaper.
  25. tom Force Ghost

star 6
    a girl yelled at me from a passing car. i have no idea what she said but i assume she was telling me i'm cute.