main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Victories and Triumphs!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mortimer Snerd, May 9, 2013.

1. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Today I had an hour-long conversation with my ex-wife. We were able to make it through the hour without a single shred of bitterness or contempt, which is a big deal. She actually needed my permission to hire my attorney who wouldn't grant her his services unless I said it was okay, what with it being a conflict of interest and all that. She has a criminal record, needs it expunged, and my attorney happens to be the guy who's good at this.

I am in a position of power. I said I'd think about it. What are your current positions of power and/or victories? Why are you feeling great right now?

Edit: This is pretty much the OPPOSITE of the first world problems thread. Convenient little wins, if that's conceivable.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm not feeling great at all, and haven't had a personal victory in quite sometime.

I need a drink. :p

3. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Here's your personal victory from me to you, Armen: Your neckbeard rivals any I've ever seen. I mean that, and I've decided that next time I'm in L.A. I am going to seek a meeting with you and obtain a picture of me touching said glorious neckbeard....if that's cool with you of course.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm broke but i get paid tomorrow and there's beer in the fridge.

5. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Instead of taking care of everyone else, I am going to take care of myself tomorrow. For an hour. At the spa. Yea. And then I will go back to taking care of people :p

6. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    A triumph to be sure!

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Of course you can touch the beard, Mort.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  8. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    I think I just died and went to beard heaven.

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I graped a final this morning, being my last actual test forever. Oddly enough, after years of doing horrible at tests with terrible memory, I sat down to this one and busted out legal details with numeric stats and dates, without even having studied. I think my brain has been trolling me all this time.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    How does one take care of themselves at the spa...? If you can give yourself a deep tissue massage you win the "Power" part of the thread, hands down. Or hands behind your back, rather...

11. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

When you've got beer, you don't need money.

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I finally managed to cancel my son's Club Penguin membership, after something like 6 tries.

jp-30 likes this.
  13. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I received brownies in exchange for a favor. I had already agreed to do it before knowing there'd be a chocolatey reward. Score!

14. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I actually do give my calves deep tissue massages 2x a week because standing for 8-10 hours a day takes it toll. I can only massage my own shoulders, no middle back stuff yet. Need moar yoga in order to do that. Or just destroy my shoulder ligaments again.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I just found out that something I had wanted to happen in an upcoming movie, but didn't think would happen, is actually going to happen.

So it's part victory/triumph, part I've got to stop always getting spoiled for everything.

MrZAP likes this.
  16. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I got out of the house late this morning and was sure I'd be late dropping my daughter off at school but traffic was exceptionally light and we made it.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Finals are almost done.

18. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I actually received all of the food I ordered and paid for at the McDonalds drive thru. A first. Shakes fists in triumph.

19. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    A guy texted me today to tell me I was cute. :)

20. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    My puppy relaxed and watched TV with me. Normally she just jumps on me and treats me like a chew toy.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    My laurels are thriving, and a little baby bud is joining the two fresh sprigs that have already grown in addition to the three main central sprigs that I had to begin with.

And no, I'm not being figurative. I literally have a laurel plant. :p

Jedi Merkurian , MrZAP and Sauntaero like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My youngest cat, the only one who never goes outside, got out last night, sending my 6-year-old into a "Where's Midnight??" panic this morning (and I was a little worried myself). I told him that cats are pretty good at finding their way home and to wait awhile before being sad. The cat showed up at the back door as I was getting my second cup of coffee.

I love being right, almost as much as I love having safe pets and happy kids.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm one of three network techs at work. One is in deep **** and the other isn't all that great at his job. If I were to give my two week notice (which I have been considering), they would be in deep **** with staff depth.

24. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    My husband and I went to buy an edible arrangement to give as a Mothers Day gift and the cashier entered the wrong code when she rang us up so we got it for cheaper.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    a girl yelled at me from a passing car. i have no idea what she said but i assume she was telling me i'm cute.