main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Victorville Christmas Parade 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I have a cd player with speakers that can be attached or un attached. I guess it's considered a boombox, but it's rather large for what I think of one. It can be ac/battery, has tape player and radio on it. Is that what you want?

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Sandy, please tell Britany 'thank you' from me, too!!

Thanks for getting the music, Minda.

Sonya, do you want me to get the boom box from Debbie or were we using yours? I don't remember.

The lot where we're meeting is the parking lot for the Green Tree Golf Course and Restaurant. 6:30 is our meeting time (gulp!).

3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    If I can convince my Dad to get up that early on a weekend (LOL) I'll be there!

Heads up! Weather forecast!

SATURDAY
    Mostly sunny. Lows: 37-42. Highs: 66-71.

So it SHOULD be fairly comfortable for the march; probably low to mid-sixties by 10 AM. I'll keep a close eyes on the weather to make sure about whether they'll be winds. The forecast may change; you never know. :)

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Compared to last year, the weather is supposed to be beautiful! Hurray for no wind!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update, Carrie.

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    It sounds like Debbie's boombox has no CD player, is that right? Has Minda already done the CD? If we don't have a boombox with speakers with wires long enough to reach the roof of the Blazer, we'll have to have an all-Christmas music mix and have it sit on the bed of the float, correct, Kari?

I don't know if I'm going to be coming up on Friday or not. See, I have a habit of getting myself into last-minute situations, and I decided to improve my Padme top. Well I wasted a couple of days trying to get the color right. It's a long story, but I ended up having to buy new fabric on Sunday and am currently making the top. Plus I need to finish Seth's new shinguards, and I still have to make the Death Star. See what I mean? I always end up waiting until last minute and then throw myself into a frenzied mess.

Oh yeah, and Chris C. wants to know if bolting R2 to the bottom of the trailer is okay?

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I haven't heard from Mike, yet. So, I don't know anything about the trailer. From what I understand, it should be on my property sometime today. Sonya, I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him.

Not sure about Debbie's boom box. I'll give her a call. It never hurts to have two... just in case something goes wrong and one won't work.

Sounds like you have your hands full! I'm only working 1/2 day on Friday, so I should be able to get the tree decorated, pull out some of my decorations for the Blazer, get it washed and get an idea of how things will fit on the trailer. I'll be sure to take some pictures and email them to you so you can let me know what you had in mind.

Yep, as much as I'd like Star Wars music, it sounds like it will be too much of a hassle to try to switch it. The music will be strictly classic Christmas music. See, I'm not THAT hard-headed. :D

7. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Mine has a cd player and it has wires that attach to the speakers. I don't have extra wires, and not sure if mine are long enough as they are, but if someone has long speaker wires they can be attached at any length.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The trailer is being picked up tomorrow afternoon and pictures will follow shortly after!

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Good morning!!

I got our number and line up area for the parade. Here's a a bit of info first:

The parade may be recorded live this year so please keep the right side of the parade clear, and your organization to the center of the street. If you have volunteers with your group please have them walk on the left side of the street.

Sonya, we need to keep that in mind when setting up the float and those riding on it.

We're entrant number 63 and will be lining up on Seneca Dr. We've got a band directly in front of us and number 66 is also a band. That seems a little close to me. I guess the notion of our music is rather moot, now. Do you guys want me to see if I can get us moved?

10. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Woohoo! Thanks for the update, Kari. If we can get our place in line moved, then go ahead, otherwise don't worry about it. And yes with a band directly in front of us our pitiful sound system won't be heard. :)

11. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    I forgot, am I supposed to make the black chain garland? If so how much? I
    I'll hold off on music for the moment.

12. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    No, don't worry about making that, Minda. Since we don't have the bed of the truck to decorate we won't be needing it. Thank you for checking on that. And yeah, hold off on the music. :)

13. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    That is interesting having a band in front and in back. It should be fine. Been having trouble getting hold of Kevin. Left messages at his home, but no call back yet.

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Thnx for the update, Kari! If we can't be moved, that's okay.

Dad said he'll take me! YAY! Guess I can take pictures of a jedi on a bicycle later. ;)

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Great news! The trailer is now on my property and it's a beauty!! Mike will be posting pictures later. Mike, just so you know, I put my hitch lock on it so it can't simply be towed away.

16. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Very good news indeed! Please try to get those pics posted ASAP so Chris can see what else he can rig up to secure R2.

17. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Hey There Kiddies! Here's the pics of the trailer. Notice the framing all in black. The red garland will look supurb with it! The side railings are 14 inches high as well.

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer002.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer016.jpg]
    The back is four feet tall once on the flatbed

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer009.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer017.jpg]
    16 feet long

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer008.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer012.jpg]
    6 feet 4 inches across

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer018.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer019.jpg]
    Wood planks with the width of about a dime in between

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer006.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer014.jpg]
    From front side

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/trailer013.jpg]
    From back side

18. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Mike,

You really came through for us. Thanks!

19. DarthCarcinus

DarthCarcinus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2006
    As are Deb and I. We are looking forward to seeing all of you. And I am particularly looking forward to seeing Chris again. The last time we did any kind of troop together was at Frank and Son's last year.

20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    wow! it looks great! =D=

just a warning to you guys- i fell off my bike yesterday and mom thinks my wrist might be broken. :oops: she's taking me to the doc today to get it checked.

i will still be marching in the parade (i'd have to be in a body cast for anything to stop me lol), but if i get a cast i may not be able to wear my undertunic. [face_worried] it that no longer makes it cannon, then if that happens i'll see you all at the party.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I hope you're wrist is okay. Let us know how you're doing.

So long as your not wearing a bathrobe, your fine with your costume. Let's not go to extremes.

22. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    That looks awesome! That back gate takes care of the whole "Don't knock Vader or the Emperor off!" Okay, so I think snow for the bottom would look good, what do you think? I've got a staple gun that I can bring. You know what I think would be really fun? On the backside of that gate, to have a banner that says, Merry Sithmas! I'll go to Kinko's on Friday to see about geting one printed out, if you think that would be good. Or, if someone else wants to take care of that, that'd be cool too. I told Darren about our Merry Sithmas tree and he thought it was really funny. Anyway, I'll be gone today so if someone decides to do it just post and I'll read it when I get back tonight.

I'm really excited about this!

Oh and Cara, sorry to hear about your wrist! I hope it's not broken. If you can't wear your undertunic that's fine.

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'll do up a banner from die-cut letters and laminate it. Luckily, I've got a high school student in the library with me all day and she can do it.

24. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Cara- hope your wrist is ok. The float sounds like it's going to be so cool. Hope someone takes pics for us to see. Seems like I'm always saying "We'll be with you in spirit", but it's true. I'm so proud of our group and what we've become in 3 years. Way to go IEFF. hope you guys have a great time and enjoy bringing a smile to peoples faces when you pass by in the parade. Hope Mike and Cara are not in too much pain to enjoy it. Thanks also Mike, for making the trailer happen! Everyone has done an awesome job!=D=

25. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Whee, it's going to look so cool!

Weather update: Saturday's temps shouln't go any higher than 64 or 69.:) Light winds predicted, mostly sunny.

Oh yeah, just got back from the doc. Good news- no breaks, just a sprain. Fitting the undertunic over the brace shouldn't be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.