Victorville Christmas Parade 2008

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by Symina, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sonya, you're doing a great job organizing all this!! Thank you for doing it!!
  2. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
  3. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    I couldn't find any shatterproof black ornaments that I could afford. I found some paper mache ones at Michael's and plan on covering them in black glitter if that sounds ok. I got 12 of them.That's all our store had. I think they're a tad larger than the ones you showed a picture of on Amazon.com. Let me know if this is acceptable. I'm trying to track down some black glitter now. I can get that and the black garland.
  4. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds fine Debbie, thank you for helping out!
  5. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Just thought I would let everyone know that I got a pack (24) of satin black ornaments. Thought the shiney ones would be to shiney. They are shatterproof. Just let me know if you think the shiney ones would be better I can trade these and get those, still have the receipt. They are about 2 inches in size. Of course Debbie's chosing sounds good too. I thought since the tree is thin, the ornaments don't have to be big even though I did find some big black ones. Didn't find any black garland.
  6. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sandy- that sounds wonderful. I was looking for those and went to about 4-5 different stores and looked on line and couldn't find any. I'll take mine back and just get the garland. I'll see if there's something else I can contribute from the list instead of the ornaments. Where did you find them?
  7. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sonya- they make skirting for floats. There's a link to it on Shindigz
    http://www.shindigz.com/catalog.cfm?pgp=S02207
    is this o.k. and what color do you want? How many do you think we need?
  8. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Sandy, that sounds great.

Great find, Debbie--I didn't even think to look for float fringe. But this one might be better since it's made from vinyl instead of tissue and hopefully would be a little more durable. Plus, it's a little cheaper. The trailer is 20' long, so that would be two sides at 20', but we don't have the width. I looked at 20' online and it seems the usual width between fenders is 82 inches, which translates to a bit under 7' wide. I don't think we need to to put fringe on the side that's hitched to the Blazer. It'd probably just get in the way. So, we're looking at needing about 47', so 5 sets. I think we should do red, what do you think?
  9. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Hahaha! I just rushed home to post I got the black shatterproof ornamennts!
    Same ones as Sandy got, lol! I'm glad we are all thinking the same thoughts...
  10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Han or R2? Coool....Either one would drive the kiddies (and everyone else) nuts.

Hmm, with the red tree, black ornaments, and glack garland, a red skirt should be fine.

Guys, this is gonna be great! Can't wait 'till next month! [face_dancing]
  11. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I know this is a Sith float, but I think we should throw in another color besides just red & black. So how about a green skirt or gold?
  12. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    I think you're right. How about green then?
  13. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I vote for a pink skirt around the trailer. Let's keep the audience guessing! [face_laugh]

Just so you know, I totally joking!!
  14. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Debbie, I got them at Walmart. Is that where you got yours, Minda? I think green would be fine, for the tree skirt. Is the satin colored ones OK?
  15. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    The satin ones are fine, thanks.
  16. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I went by Big Lots today. They had a big ol' pink Christmas tree. Not a garland tree, but one of the normal fake ones, but in pink. Totally cracked me up!! Do people really use those?
  17. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw the same one as you did, Kari. It is funny. Guess if you are a pink freak, then this would be good for you. Glad the satin ornaments would be great. Should we bring it to the meeting on Saturday? Guess that would be a good choice.
  18. cerillo Jedi Padawan

Sorry I've been out of touch, but I've been realy busy. Here's Han's demensions as requested, they are as follows: Ht: 84" Wdth: 31" Wght: 70-90 Lbs Hope that Helps. C
  19. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for getting that info to us, Chris!

Soo...84" is 7'. If the width of the trailer is around 7' wide as I guessed it would be, that wouldn't leave any room to get on and off the float, if Han was placed parallel. If we placed him lengthwise, we'd have to place the Christmas tree to one side of him, which might potentially mean that people on the tree-side of the float would have their view of Han blocked. Does that make any sense? Do you think that matters if Han is blocked on one side? I really don't like it.
  20. cerillo Jedi Padawan

I would stick with the Tree, Vader, R-2 and the Emperor.
  21. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As much as I would LOVE to see your Han going down the street, I think you and Sonya are probably right. Bummer!

As for the pink tree, it would look great for anybody that's a Disney Princess or Barbie Fan! Jar Jar might fit on it, too!!
  22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, well. No Han. That's okay. R2 is cool, too. :)

Hey, leave Jar-Jar alone! It's not his fault he's weak-minded! ;)
  23. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Let's take a look at the trailer before we make such a drastic decision about Han:)
  24. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    Did you see this???? Are we in like gin???? [face_laugh] I amuse myself.

Oh yeah......we're coming. :D

Unwrap the Magic of Christmas

The City of Victorville and Daily Press Children's Christmas Parade will be held December 6, 2008. Applications are now available, so please click above to apply today. Only 95 entries will be accepted, so fill out your application as soon as possible.

For more information contact: Lisa DeLaCruz

Phone: 760-245-6506

25. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The application was emailed on the 3rd and I also faxed a sketched of our float. So, we're good to go!

Does this mean I'm reserving the room for you?

YEA!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.