I.E., CA Victorville Christmas Parade 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    BAD NEWS!
    We are not coming!!!
    I already called Kari and told her.
    Sorry!! I am very sad that we can't come now. :_|
    Maybe next time.
    We'll miss you!!!
  2. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, that is sad news! You will be so missed!
  3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
  5. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nicole, the parade is from 10-12, which means we won't be to Debbie's until after 12. Last night, I think I told you the parade was over at 10. If it works out, I sure hope you two can still join us for the party!

I'm working on alternate transportation. The Blazer is still available, but I love the idea of a truck for the kidlettes in the back.
  6. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just wanted to let you know the black garland just arrived today. It has silver stars interspersed in it. I hope that's ok. I think it might actually add a little to it. I'll see Sheila this weekend so I'll give it to her so Mike can bring it with him.
  7. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    That'll be fine, thank you Debbie!
  8. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Do we have the skirt for the tree? If not, I can get one a little later, if you want.
  9. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got a silver one that would go with the silver stars in the garland, if you guys think that would look okay.
  10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Now THAT'S spacey!

Red tree, black ornaments, black garland with silver stars, green float skirt, silver tree skirt...[face_thinking]
    Yeah...that could work! :)
  11. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just talked to Mark and he confirmed that the Emperor and a Royal Guard will be in the parade!! YEA!!! They can't make it to the party, though.

I'll be doing my reconnaissance mission later this afternoon and should find out where we're decorating and meeting and such.
  12. Darth_Cookie_Monster Jedi Padawan

I was wondering if anybody was willing to carpool to the christmas parade/party. I'm in fontana/southridge, right next to the 10 and 15 freeway. I'm willing to chip in for gas. and I could either be picked up at my place or meet you somewhere.

let me know!
    thanks,
    kevin
  13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I WILL, by hook or by crook, make it to the prade...
    But the party is in doubt.
  14. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why can't you make it to the party Cara?
  15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    To make a long story short, my transportation plan (the bus) went out the window due to road closures and tight finances. The parade itself is close enough I can ride my bike without much trouble. (LOL imagine that- a Jedi on a bicycle!!![face_laugh] ) I don't know yet whether my Dad could take me or not. He sometimes works Saturdays.

I'll do my best to make it. :) BTW, can the exchange gift be used if it's in good condition?
  16. delta_1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Huh, I could have sworn that I posted something in here just yesterday. Weird.
    Anyway, I'll be at the party, but not the parade.
  17. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    I'll do my best to make it. :) BTW, can the exchange gift be used if it's in good condition?[/quote]

No.

I sent you a PM about this as well.:)
  18. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got the email. We've been officially accepted as parade participants. I'll get another email next week telling me what spot we're in. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
  19. cerillo Jedi Padawan

Hello everyone, Sorry that I've been out of the loop, but I 've been training these past two weeks. So I'm still in for this...
  20. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Chris,
    That is great to hear. We have been having fun planning our Merry "Sith"mas parade float and we are VERY happy that you will be our Vader!
  21. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes thanks Chris for checking in with us!
  22. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
  23. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the fireplace in the mail yesterday...:)

Oh, I changed my mind about getting the magnetic tape. The kind I could find at JoAnn's is really heavy duty, only 12' long and $10.99. Even with my coupon that will get really expensive really fast. I picked up some green duct tape instead. I figure we can use that instead.
  24. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey Sonya, off topic here,
    Where did you get the colored duct tape? I need to get some and I don't know where to look. Also, price range please...
  25. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    I got it at Joann's. It was on a roll of 20 yards and I think it was about $4. They also had other colors like lime green, red, blue, dark purple. I think they usually have some up at the front registers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.