main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ** Victorville Christmas Parade ** Saturday, December 1st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Well I am committing both Darren and myself to this. I'm gonna say I'll go as Princess Leia. I think we need as many recognizable characters as possible. Way to go on getting Boba!

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Add Visas Marr to the list. I'm looking forward to seeing that costume as I've never seen it before.

You guys did a great job last year. It seems like everyone that participated was treated well by the IEFF and had fun. Kudos to everyone that made them feel welcome! It's because of you guys that we've got people outside the IEFF volunteering. Great job! =D=

I'm glad you and Darren are gonna be there. How about the youngling?

As for after the parade, having a vehicle at the end to get people back to their cars is a top priority!

3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
  4. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Are little kids allowed to march? If so, I'm sure he'd get a big kick out of it!

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Since I'm coordinating this event, I get to decide. I've decided yes.(I am woman, hear me roar)[face_laugh] In my opinion, it's all about having fun. So, please, if you think he'd enjoy it, I'd love to see him participate!

6. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Kari,
    I think that is great. I just went to the Norwalk Halloween Parade and Raul, the man who organized it, had his family walking and those big enough to walk walked and those too small road in a trailer. It was great and everyone had fun!

7. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I just bought a Vader stocking for my car. I used the Yoda one last year, but found the Vader one and thought it might just stand out it little more. Of course we can still use the Yoda somewhere else on the car. Need more ideas for decorations for the car, though.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    MORE DINGLEBALLS!!! [face_laugh]

Do you have any garland? Does anybody have some battery powered garland? Although, I don't know if you could see the lights in the daytime. I think I've got some green garland with metalic red and blue decorations on it.

The theme for this year is "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". What did you do for music last year?

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    The troopers could walk holding guitars

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Aww, that'd spoil my idea! I wanted to film them marching and dub in the theme from 'Bridge on the River Kwai'. ;)

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Dub in "I wanna rock" that'd be sweet

[image=http://www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/startrock.jpg]

12. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    For the music last year, I had Manheim Steamroller music, then followed by Star Wars music which got a big response from the crowd. We have a adapter for the car to plug in the cd player, and hung the speakers out of the doors. The only problem I had was my idle for my car was a little low, so the cd unit shut off midway through a song, but I kept my foot on the gas when we went by the judges so the music would not cut off. We have already turned up the idle on the car already, so I am hoping the music doesn't turn off. We can make a different cd for this year. I still have last years in the car. Yes I have some garland, but right now, Wally World has there stuff out and I saw some better garland. Need some color ideas, though. The Darth Vader stocking is a black Vader head, with a red stocking. I got it at Target. And we still have the Star Wars wreath I had on the trunk. It has been hanging in my home all year. Just need to replace the bow. It is a lighted wreath, but we did not plug it in last year. And you are right about a lighted garland would not show up in the daylight much. Maybe a led lighted garland would, but not sure if they even have one out there in the market yet.

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here's the list of characters that I have so far:

Boba - 501st
    Visis Mar - 501st
    Vader - 501st
    TK (?) - 501st - skyryder
    TK - 501st/IEFF - Darren
    Leia - RL/IEFF - Sonya
    Ep III Anakin - RL
    RFJ (random female Jedi) - RL/IEFF - Kari
    RFJ - IEFF - Carrie
    RFJ - IEFF - Sharon
    Jedi - IEFF - Jim
    Han - IEFF - Bill

MFalcon car and driver - Sandy

I'm not sure which younglings/padawans are participating and what costumes they'll be wearing. Just let me know, as they're all welcome to join us!

Please forgive me if I've left somebody off, it's not done purposely. Let me know what character you're doing so I can correct my list. Some I've left off because I'm not sure if you're joining us or I don't know your character. Just fill me in and I'll add you on.

14. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    It looks like Bill might try to be the Cantina band member Bith,instead of Han. He can carry his guitar. Brittany was going to be Jaina Solo, but opted to be a RFJ instead. Not sure about Chrissy. A sexy pirate? [face_laugh]

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Slight correction...if I can improve my Beru costume, I'm going to be Beru...hopefully, carrying a baby doll impersonator of Luke. If only we had an Obi-Wan...that would make for some cool photo ops.

As it is, maybe we could take a picture of Anakin fighting Vader...you know, in a battle with himself. ;)

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Maybe Darth Haggis can come out the woodwork and be an Obi-Wan.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Good luck with that!

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    My dad wants to tape the parade this year, so it looks like no behind the scenes video this time unless we hang out at the high school again for a meet and greet like last year. I hope my sister lets my nephew come to the parade. I think he'd get a real kick out of seeing Darth Vader march by. He recognizes about a half dosen characters now, Vader included.

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    How about disguising a stroller as a land speeder and have your nephew in the parade with you! How fun would that be!!

20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    LOL, great idea! I think one of those little red wagons would work better than a stroller to disguise as a landspeeder. Or maybe I could have my brother dress up as Luke, my nephew as Yoda, and have my bro carry my nephew in a backpack! [face_laugh] I don't think I'm quite creative enougb to deck out either stroller or wagon, though. Besides, I doubt my sister would go for that. ;)

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    FYI: Our parade application was faxed in and received. They accept the first 100 applications and they weren't up to that point yet, so we're good.

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Excellent, thanks for putting this together once again this year! Good job Kari! =D= =D= =D=

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Bill, you're welcome to come as a Bith, but consider that you'll be breathing in that mask during an almost 2 mile walk. We're not allowed to stop the parade, so we'd be forced to just step over you if you passed out due to not enough oxygen. You'd probably miss JM's cooking after the parade, too.

Boba - 501st
    Visis Mar - 501st
    Vader - 501st
    TK (?) - 501st - skyryder
    TK - 501st/IEFF - Darren
    Leia - RL/IEFF - Sonya
    Ep III Anakin - RL
    RFJ (random female Jedi) - RL/IEFF - Kari
    RFJ - IEFF - Carrie
    RFJ - IEFF - Sharon
    RFJ - IEFF - Brittany
    Jedi - IEFF - Jim
    Bith Musician - IEFF - Bill

Notice that there are no RL members that aren't from the IEFF. I'm not sure what's up with that, but it's really disappointing! It's great that at least we've got some 501st coming!

MFalcon car and driver - Sandy

24. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    You know, Kari, you do have a valid point. He is no fun to be with when passed out.[face_laugh]
    He might have to reconsider that costume. I will let him know about everyones concern.
    Thank you again for doing all the arrangements, Kari.

25. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Oh, boy. This is so exciting! [face_dancing] There is nothing in the world more fun than marching along the street, dressed up, surrounded by a bunch of other people dressed up. I'm hoping I can talk my dad and sister into bringing my nephew to wherever the parade ends so more of my family can meet you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.