main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ** Victorville Christmas Parade ** Saturday, December 1st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Bringing this up to the top.
    We're coming!! Wild, rabid mutant reindeer could not keep us away!
    I need a new costume. *cries* Ok. I'm done.
    *sings* Rockin' around the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday!

Here's a link to the words with some music.

http://washingtonmo.com/christmas/lyric/1059.htm

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Okay, I just got official confirmation that we're in the parade! We're number 43, right behind a Boy Scout pack (maybe we can pick them off one by one!) and right in front of High Desert Mariachi Juvenil (not positive what that is, but it sounds like we'll need to turn our music up!).

Check in begins at 8:15 and no earlier! They won't let anybody in before that. From Hesperia Rd. we'll enter Seneca to the check-in point. I'll post directions and possibly a map later on this week.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Hello All
    I'm coming to crash your party, because Kari said I could. Anyway, I'll be debuting my newest costume the Snowtrooper. I'll probably finish it this evening actually. Since I don't know how it will hold up it should be interesting, wait I hope I hold up. [face_worried]

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    SR, I'm so happy you're coming and excited to see your costume in person!! From the pictures, it looks great!

If you or the costume fall apart, we'll just yell at the Boy Scouts that somebody is in distress and needs assistance. I wonder if there's a badge for helping out a "bad guy"?

JM, please put me down for 1 at the party and add another one for SR. I just posted on the RL and 501st boards that I need numbers, so I hope to be able to give you an simi-accurate count soon.

Here's my newest aquisition:

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/IMG_4008.jpg]

I wonder if there's any way we can incorporate him into the parade?

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm sad to say that Darren and I will not be attending the Christmas party. We have already paid for his work's party that is happening that same evening. I need time to get dolled up. :p

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    WHEE! We're in! [face_dancing]

I still don't know about the Christmas party. I can't chip in anything. I'm just plain flat broke. (I.e, I think I have fifty cents to my name) :(

Party or not, I definately want to come to the parade. I only hope that somehow, beyond all hope, I can get my Beru costume finished. I do not want to march in boots. :p

7. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    Are we going to meet somewhere before the parade like we did last year?...or just @ space 43 in the pre-parade line-up? I'll be there!

8. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I don't know yet. I plan on being there. I hope Brian Montez (JediDad) can make it too.... I spoke with him in Riverside and he said he would like to but doesn't know yet. If he does, it will be the first time all four TJA High Desert Jedi will be together! I wonder if Danakin's busy.....

Oh well, thinking out loud (as it were)...

9. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    I hope Brian can make it, too. It would be so awesome to get a complete group picture.

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here?s all the information you might need to know about the parade:

Our line up number is 43.

We need to meet at the line up point no earlier than 8:15 and no later than 9:00.

Our line up meeting point is around the corner of Mesa Dr and Seneca Rd. Here?s the map quest page. Due to all of the road closures for the parade (they start blocking them off at 6:30), the best way for people coming out of town to get there is to stay on the I-15 N (go through Victorville) and get off at ?D? Street. Turn right at the bottom of the off ramp on to ?D? street. Turn right onto Hesperia Rd. Turn right onto Seneca Rd (there?s a light at this intersection). Seneca dead-ends into the intersection where we meet up. You?ll need to park on the street somewhere before the line up point.

The parade ends at the corner of 7th Street and Mojave Drive (a little below the high school). There will be at least one vehicle there to start shuttling us back to our vehicles.

We should be done with the parade between 10:45 and 11:15.

Would you guys like to meet for breakfast before the parade? How about the Denny's on Main St, right off the 15? That way we can meet up with some of the folks coming from down the hill. Is 7:00 too early or do you think that will work?

11. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    We met at 7 last time at the Coco's on Palmdale Rd. We're good with 7 if every else is. Doesn't matter which place.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Isn't Denny's less expensive?

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Don't ask me. 'Eating out' is a foreign phrase to my family. ;)

Oh, crud. Lately my dad has become Mr. Volunteer at his church (good thing, actually) so he apparrently won't be videotaping the parade at all...he'll be busy that day. And seeing as how my mom usually hates parades and my sister wouldn't come alone, I guess you won't be meeting my nephew after all. :_| There is good news, though. My mom has an old doll in storage that I can use for 'Luke' and a pair of shoes she'll let me borrow for the parade. So maybe Beru isn't a lost cause after all.

Wow, I just realized something...on Saturday, I'll have known most of you guys for a year! :eek:

14. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    What time will y'all be back at Skywalkers? I'm not coming up the mountain for the parade, far too early for me! I-)

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Gosh AaS, your support is touching! :rolleyes:

We should be done with the parade by about 11:15, so by the time we get shuttled back to our vehicles and get out of post parade traffic, I'm guessing we'll be to the Skywalker's about noon.

16. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    :D

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Hey JF77 I'm about 99.99% sure I will be there.

I have some questions though. Since I will be coming from LA I won't be in costume so will it be ok if I change there at the place I park my car? I don't mind doing that, I've changed in many a parking lots but just thought I would run it by you first. I don't want to be flashing anyone who may object.

Also AaS, what do you mean early? I'm leaving my place before the sun rises that day.

18. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Usually we change over near the line up at the parade, since our friends in armor can't wear their suits while driving. :D

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, but I come packing a 42x20 inch bin on wheels. Is there a safe place for this? I'll work something out. The Snowtrooper isn't as hard to pack as the TK.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Where did everyone change last year?

21. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Last time a bunch of people set up a small tentlike thing and changed there. It was basically just a small shade thing with tarps hung up.

22. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yeah, we had an EZ-Up. Does anyone have one of those? I'm not sure if they're selling any of those right now, but if no one has one, I can go hunt for one.

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It seems like JM was the one that set that up. Let me talk to her and see if she still has everything. Maybe I can borrow it if she does.

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Me, I usually just wear my costume all day if it's comfortable and not too hot. I know those poor troopers can't do that, though.

Yay! Looks like Dad is going to try and make it after all! :) We may have some film yet.

My mom is letting me borrow a pair of boots for the parade and managed to find a baby doll that I could carry to represent Luke. The doll's pretty tiny...like Premie size. [face_tired] Do you think anyone would mind if I'm not screen-accurate?

25. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    LOL Not screen accurate?! Those babies were HUGE!!! lol Your baby doll would be more accurate. [face_peace] LOL It will be fine, Carrie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.