main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ** Victorville Christmas Parade ** Saturday, December 1st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    LOL I see your point.[face_blush] Well, it think it's against the law to shoot film of premies, so they worked with what they had. But anyway, Mom told me twins are usually born at least a little premature anyway. Makes sense. My biggest problem is finding a white baby blanket in time. I asked my sister if my nephew still had any of his, but no dice.

2. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    You could always cut up an old white t-shirt if you can't find a blanket.

3. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Just to let everyone know, the Falcon will be there with Bill driving. I don't have enough strenth to push the brakes down. We can meet everyone at the Dennys on Main St. I think I need to find a ride or something, near a bathroom. Maybe even hang with Minda. Minda is bringing the banner as far as I know. We still need to find the cd player for the car. We still have time. Got some more decorations for the car, but will need help putting it on. Will have all the needed tape and all. I am getting tired so I had better sigh off know.

4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Glad the Falcon can be there! :)

Hey Kari, which roads are going to be closed? I looked online and couldn't find anything. I may try calling later.

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm not sure, but it looks like Obi-Shawn and his H-Wing will be joining us!! YEA!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Another bit of good news is that it looks like it won't be raining on our parade. More than likely it'll be cold and a bit windy, but dry!!

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I just checked the weather for tomorrow. I'm glad it won't be raining, but geez I'm going to freeze! 48 will be the high! Good thing I have the Snowtrooper.

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You're a "Snow"trooper. What's the big deal??? :D

8. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    That's why I LOVE my outer robe - pure wool... oh yeah

9. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    So what time are we meeting for breakfast and where?

***Never mind, I saw the info. I don't know if we'll be there for breakfast or not. With a little kid things can be touch and go.

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    YAY! Oh, I hope Obi-Shawn will be there! I need an Obi-Wan for a photo shoot. [face_praying]

Good news; I finally found something to wrap the doll in. It's just leftover material, but hey, it's better than nothing.

11. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm not gonna make the Denny's thing...I'll see you all at the parade. [face_mischief]

12. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    The Falcon is so glad to hear about Obi-Shawn, and the H-Wing. Been so long since we saw them last. Thank you Kari for all your hard work, and contacting Shawn. It will be cold, but that is OK. Went to the store for about 3 hours today. Hopefully got the rest of the decorations for the Falcon, including a CD player that has a I-Pod connection. We did not have enough time to find the other stereo from last year, in what ahould be called a garage. Boy do we need to learn to organize better. LOL. Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow.

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Good morning group! It's gonna be a fun day!

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm logging off here, packing my car then on my way. I hurt my knee this morning. I forgot that I put my bin in the hallway and then when going to the bathroom this morning I ran right into it.

See you guys soon.

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Ouch!

Well, I'm all ready to go, Luke is packed and my costume is gathered up... only my event jitters are back. Why is that? Why, before an event, do I always get the jitters? :confused: Guess it's just that in costume, I'm going to be representing a part of Geroge Lucas's universe, and I want to be faithful to the spirit of Star wars. :)

See y'all in a while! [face_peace]

16. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    We are packing up right now. For a while, Bill could not find his Han Solo pants, but then found them. The car was still packed from Minda's event. Did not wash her, but the rain did that. See everyone there. Fun, fun day.

17. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Oh yeah, watch this...... No light speed... It's not my fault.
    we are on out way

18. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Had a blast and thanks for he ride to my car!
    Cheers!
    Rob

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for the fun time today guys. It was a rough start and Mother Nature just wasn't on our side, however the company and the great food at the party was enough to make it worth the drive.

20. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    YAY! I had fun today! It was nice to see everyone and to hang out at the party!!! =D= Thanks to our wonderful hostess and our wonderful caterer!!!!!! Thank you SOOOOO much!

21. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    That was the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm feeling withdrawals from missing everybody already. It was awesome meeting everyone and they're great costumes! Minda, the food was spectacular! Sharon, the house was beautiful. Well, until next time!

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Good food, good friends, Star wars...what could be better?

Had a ball, guys. Can't wait to see everyone again!

23. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    I had a great time!!! Thank you Minda for the food and Kari too...It was fabulous! It was a good turn out.. thanks everyone for coming! I really enjoyed your company! :D

24. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Ditto!

See meeting thread...

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The whole parade could have been a really miserable event, but thanks to everyone's good spirits and attitudes, I think it turned out well.

My thanks and a huge hug to everyone that braved the cold and the wind! I know we brought a lot of smiles to the folks in Victorville. Here are the pix I took. (the party pix are in the party thread)

Minda, thank you for being our shuttle! (you wore a lot of different hats yesterday!) You did an awesome job for somebody that wasn't even familiar with the area! Pretty amazing!

I'm so sorry about not having more of an idea of how to get to the parade route and parking in the morning and for not having more shuttles to get us back to our cars. This is a learning process for me and I hope to make it better for everyone each year. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Sonya and Nichol I didn't mention your names on the RL boards as I considered you IEFF for this event. Honestly, Obi-Shawn was the only person from the RL that came to this event that's not a member of the IEFF. That makes me sad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.