main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph VICTORY FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF KOREA AGAINST THE IMPERIALISTS AT SONY

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Saw it. Glad I didn't pay for it. It was pretty bad. I laughed a few times, but I was also h[appy].

The graphic, too-realistic violence was jarring and not at all funny. I tried to figure out if the violence was meant to evoke super-violent South Korean action films or something, but still, it didn't fit. Also, Kim's death was actually kinda sad.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    So on its opening weekend It made $15m in online sales, and another $2.8m from it's limited U.S. Theatre release. It's already Sony Pictures' number one online movie of all time.

Before all the drama it was projected to gross $20m had it gone on wide release, so not too shabby.

Still too early to tell if it will go on to make money, but either way I think this could lead the way for more movies being released simultaneously on VOD and in theatres.

3. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    And the moral of the story is "Banned in Boston" has been replaced by "Banned by North Korea".

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No it hasn't.

5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I meant as in "If they banned it, then it's something I've just got to see!"

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I read a bit of a synopsis on the film, and I think I might actually want to see it now lol. I hear it has to do with Kim Jong Un's love for meeting Western celebrities, and the CIA recruiting a pair of celebrities for an assassination mission. Considering the real-life Kim actually does have a love for Western celebrities...I can see why he's paranoid. Also, I heard they kill Kim in the film with a World War II T-34 tank, the sacred icon of Mother Russia and communism...which must also be infuriating.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Either it was sad or it wasn't.:p