main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga VICTORY QUEST- Clone Wars-Completed 5/24! Sequal News!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sidious618, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Victory Quest: The First Trilogy

Story I: Rain

Prologue

Holonet News Update-7 Weeks After The Battle of Geonosis (TBoG)

Palpatine addresses the Jedi
    Yesterday, at a ceremony in the Jedi Temple, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine announced that the Jedi are the best Protectors the Republic could have ever asked for in this time of great need. He then declared that all Jedi who fought in the Clone Wars would be placed in the Republic Archives.
    Later that day the Supreme Chancellor awarded General Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan Anakin Skywalker with medals for their bravery at several recent battles.
    CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

No News on Dooku`s Whereabouts
    In a recent Senate meeting The Supreme Chancellor stated that Republic Intelligence is working very hard to locate the Separatist Leader Dooku. Unfortunately he also reported that Dooku could be on any of the main Separatist planets.

Republic States That Separatists Are moving in on Ylesia
    In a news conference this morning General Cambini announced that Separatist forces have begun to invade Ylesia. He was able to provide no other information except that at the moment the Separatists forces have only begun their onslaught.

Part 1: Assault
    In Orbit of Ylesia-7 weeks after TBoG

"This is Red 5, I`m taking heavy damage by Droid Starfighters."

"Understood, 5" piped in 6.

Jedi Knight Rince Vunian looked over at Red 5 and replied, "Coming in to help you 5, leader out."

The Jedi Starfighter Vunian was at the controls of dived down towards Red 5 at a rapid rate. Vunian brought his fighter slightly to the right and fired several shots at the Droid Fighter. The Green energy lasers grazed the fighter`s right wing. The rather flat and brown fighter suddenly swung back around at Vunian, its wing ablaze, and opened fire. Vunian rolled to the right to avoid the sudden surprise attack and once again shot out.. The lasers completely missed the enemy starfighter. It flew up and opened fire on Vunian yet again. The lasers peppered Vunian`s shields but did not break through them. The Jedi Knight reacted to this quicker then the Droid had expected by charging at the fighter causing the Droid fighter to barrel roll to the right. With this distraction Rince Vunian had that extra second to align himself at an appropriate angle in which to fire at the ship. He pressed down hard on his fire button on his control stick. The lasers ripped the enemy craft apart.

This constant dog fighting had begun once the Separatists had arrived above Ylesia. Rince Vunian and his squad had been sent up to hold back the fighters while it gave the General at the Republic base below time to breath and act. Vunian, who was Red Squadrons leader, immediately decided to take on the Starfighters first, then take care of the larger ships next. Unfortuanately the Separatist landing craft were approaching Ylesia`s surface faster than was calculated.

"We need to engage the landing craft immediately," he spoke into his comm. "2,3 and 6 you?re with me. The rest of you take down those fighters and fast. Then come assist us." With that he pushed his control stick forward and dived down through Ylesia`s atomosphere. "Let`s engage the Landing Craft closest to the base."

All of the others gave an affirmative click to Vunian. They were ready.
    "Take out the crafts engines first," spoke Vunian. The landing craft had two wings on its top and had a rectangular shape to the rest of it. The ship was a light brown all over and had twin engines near the bottom aft. Vunian was already roaring towards them and opening fire at the rather large craft. In fact its size was many times greater than a Jedi Starfighter`s. Nevertheless it?s shields did not hold out against the combined power of four starfighters. One of the engines blew apart sending debris all over. At this poin

2. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Star Wars
    Victory Quest II:
    Storm

Part One: Council
    Place: Zeneb, the Separatist Capitol
    7 1/2 weeks after TBoG

Count Dooku strode into the meeting chamber, his black cloak flowing behind him. He was a man nearing a hundred but didn?t look it. His face was long and his beard was white. In front of him stood the leaders of the Separatists. Dooku sat down in a chair at the head of the table.

"Welcome to Zeneb, my friends. This is the capitol of the Confederacy!" Dooku smiled. "I have good news. Our forces have swept through the Republic base on Ylesia. A victory as I promised you," he said in his elegant and reassuring voice. "Soon enough the Republic will realize that they are in over there heads."

Viceroy Nute Gunray of the Trade Federation, a green Neimoidian with large red eyes, objected. "The Republic forces are strong enough to take us down soon! I for one sincerely doubt that we will be able to hold our own, let alone force the Republic to surrender."

Dooku leaned forward. "You worry to much, Viceroy."

"I concur with the Viceroy," spoke Shu Mai a small narrow headed alien who was the leader of the Commerce Guild. "There are times when I wonder if I was conned into this. Would that be so, Lord Dooku?"

Dooku stood. "This is outrageous! We are on the edge of victory. In a matter of months the Republic will be brought down to their knees and we can have what we want: a galaxy free of Republic corruption. Even now members of the Senate wonder what to do. In due time more will join us. In every victory by us, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine loses more power."

Shu Mai shook her head. "That is not so. The Chancellor is very well liked by citizens of the Republic. He is, in their minds at least, a strong leader."

Dooku sat back down. He always hated the way Shu Mai never trusted his word. "Perhaps you are right. But I think that we can eliminate that problem soon enough. As I said before, the Jedi will be brought down in only a matter of time. And with that the Republic will fall soon after."

"But how?," inquired Shu Mai.

Dooku just smiled.

Ord Mantell

Rince Vunian?s arm hurt and looking at the blood coming from it didn?t make matters any better. Yet he knew that he had to get himself together.

Defera slashed out at him again as Vunian called upon the Force and jumped backwards as he called his light saber to his left hand. The blade felt odd there but he knew that his right hand was in no condition to hold it.

Not far from him he could see Zair charging forward.

Defera turned and slashed out at the Zabrak, Zair McDashin. The Zabrak blocked the swing, his green lightsaber shining and sparkling as the rain hit it.

The battle had been going on for only a few minutes on top of a landing platform yet in those two minutes the skies of Ord Mantell went from cloudy to stormy. Nevertheless the three opponents did not notice.

Vunian ran at Defera?s back but she blocked his swing with the right end of her blade and then swung at Zair with the left. Zair hopped back and Defera fell forward. Zair brought his knee up into her face and she stumbled backwards.

Vunian noticed something odd. A soft hum. He glanced up and saw that another transport was arriving. No doubt filled with droids to help Defera. "Zair! We have to take her ship," shouted Vunian. With Defera regaining her composure the two Jedi had a moment to take her ship. They jumped up onto the ramp and closed up the doors.

Vunian sank to the floor as he nursed his wounds. "I?m going to find some Bacta to heal this wound. See if you can pilot us out of here."

Zair grinned. "No problem." He hurried into the cockpit and

3. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Star Wars
    Victory Quest III:
    Tornado

Part One: Decree
    Bimmiel
    9 weeks after TBoG
    Kit Fisto was on his speeder bike and on the retreat. The Republic Forces had fallen and the remainder of the Clone Army was heading towards the Evacuation Ships.
    Kit looked back and saw the smoking remains of the Republic Base. What a waste, he thought. He stopped the speeder and joined one of the Clone Commanders. "Alert the Republic to what has happened."

Coruscant- Intel Office
    General Ofen Tiiver was getting old but was always ready for action. When he received the call to report to the Intelligence Department he didn?t waste any time.
    The doors opened automatically and he entered into a large room with 3-D maps, computer charts and a lot of Senior officers running around. Deputy Director of Intelligence Armand Isard, a male human, beckoned him to a small map of Bimmiel and its surrounding planets. Armand was in his mid thirties and had climbed the ladder of success rapidly. Although it helped to be respected by Palpatine, which he was.
    Tiiver was human and in his late seventies and had a hard emotionless face. A typical military look.
    He walked over to Isard. "Yes, deputy?"
    Isard pointed at Bimmiel. "The Supreme Chancellor wanted you to know this before anyone else: Bimmiel has fallen. We?ve lost several thousand troops. They hit us hard. The Separatists wanted that planet desperately. We don?t know why."
    Tiiver?s eyes narrowed. "I see your intelligence network has been working extraordinarily well."
    Isard almost snapped but restrained himself from anymore comment.
    Tiiver continued. "What do plan to do next?"
    Isard shrugged. "You?ll have to ask the Supreme Chancellor."
    "I intend to."

The Senate Hall
    10 weeks after TBoG
    Senator Padme Amidala leaned back in her chair and sighed. The senate
    meeting was going on for a lot longer then intended. She glanced around the room and
    found it amazing. Even though she had been in the room countless times she still found it
    magnificent. Thousands of Senators and their aides were stationed in the room. The
    Supreme Chancellor was on a platform at least two hundred meters high and directed the
    Senate meetings from there. The Senators were in rotundas attached to the walls of the
    circular room. The room was almost half a mile high. The rotundas that the Senators sat in
    could detach from the walls when they were asked to speak and they would float around
    the rooms.
    Padme had done this countless times. Several Senators were floating
    around bickering over taxes to help fund the war effort.
    War disgusted Padme. She had been on Geonosis when the war broke out
    between the Republic and the Separatists. It had plagued her dreams for months.
    Padme was twenty-two years old and represented the planet of Naboo in
    the Senate. Her assistant senator Jar Jar Binks represented the Gungan population of
    Naboo while she represented the human side. Her hair was black as night and shoulder
    length.
    "This is ridiculous!," Senator Grah of the planet Hig IV was shouting.
    "My planet is not involved in this accursed war of yours! WE are neutral. Why should we
    have to pay this taxes for a war we are not involved in!"
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine leaned forward. "Thanks to our troops your
    planet is safe from the Confederacy of Independent Systems."
    "They are Separatists," shouted someone. "Not a Confederacy of watcya
    macallit!"
    "As I was saying," Palpatine went on, "if it wasn?t for our troops the
    Separatists("Ya!") would have taken your planet as it is near there space."

4. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
  5. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    No comments?

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I found this the other day. Sorry I didn't post then. It was a long one so I printed it out to read later. I just finished reading it last night. I think its good.

7. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Why thank you very much.
    Although it will be awhile before I update with a new story.

8. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
  9. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Comments please. :D

10. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I have begun working on the fourth story. It will be done in a few weeks.

11. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I liked the way the tale started, with the holonet.

Moved on to a cool fight.

Great way the story hopped from planet to planet.

Nice to have gotten in Kit Fisto. He?s my second favourite Jedi. (First one?s Qui-Gon Jinn.)

Cool ending with the letters forming Palpatine.

12. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Qui-Gon's my favorite Jedi too. Would you like me to update you when I update?(goes for the other posters too)

13. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    You can send a PM if you like. You can also edit the title and write Updated, and give the chapter.

Looking forward to more!

14. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Please put me on your pm list. thanks

15. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    No problem guys.

16. Gross-admiral_Thrawn

Gross-admiral_Thrawn Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2003
    The PALPATINE thing was interesting and most impressive :)
    I liked the story, although I'm no big prequel fan.
    Then, the beginning was also good.

WGR, GAT.

17. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thank you for the kind words. I apprciate them. :)

18. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
  19. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Up! as this is getting buried.

20. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Star Wars:
    Victory Quest IV:
    In the Shadow of the Sith

Part One: The Cathedral
    Coruscant
    5 months after Victory Quest III (8 months after the start of the Clone Wars)

"And let us hope for peace in the coming weeks. An end to the war that has already took over two hundred million lives from us. Half of those innocents and the other half soldiers that fight for our freedom. Why I ask you does the Senate allow this to go on? Why have they not stopped this. And to this I can give you no answer. Our last hope is fading. The Jedi are becoming extinct."
    The Jedi Council sat and watched this speech via hologram.
    Master Windu was the first to speak. "When was this recorded?"
    The Jedi Council chamber was circular and had windows all around except for the entrance way. In a circle formation, to match the room, the Jedi Council sat in their chairs. In the middle of the room stood Rince Vunian who was addressing the Council.
    Rince spoke, "This was aired only two days ago."
    Mace nodded. He was dark skinned and considerably older than Rince. His physical abilities matched the younger Jedi?s though. "I?m afraid the man who spoke this did not realize what would happen. He was a priest from the religious caste of the Twi?lek?s, correct?"
    Rince nodded.
    Mace continued, "He is telling the public that we are a dying group when we are in fact not."
    The small green alien that sat next Mace frowned. He was Master Yoda, the head of the Council.
    "Not the only priest who speaks like this he is," said Yoda in his awkward way of speaking. "Many other religious figures believe that a dark time is coming. Agree with them I do."
    Ki-Adi Mundi another member of the Council spoke. "We all believe that but we do not want public panic."
    Adi Gallia, a female human sighed. "The Supreme Chancellor has not responded to these messages. I don?t really think he cares."
    Mace leaned back in his chair. "Very well. Then we will have to speak out. The holiday of Life is approaching. Perhaps then would be a good time to speak out."
    Yoda nodded happily. "Agree with you I do."
    Mace looked to Rince Vunian. "Thank you for this information, Rince. May the Force be with you."
    "And with you, Masters."

The transport ship landed with no problem whatsoever. Rince Vunian was standing and waiting for his friend Zair McDashin to come off of the ship.
    Rince hadn?t seen Zair since Rince had been at the Battle of Helska where he had to destroy a Confederacy Ore facility. Zair had been recalled to his homeworld because his half brother ,who was also a Jedi, had died. When Zair arrived he was soon under attack and had to defend his homeworld for a month or so. When Zair returned Rince was away. Then Zair had to go away and Rince was returning. Now Zair was returning and Rince was staying.
    There was no missing Zair as he walked off of the ship. Rince smiled and waved. Zair returned the wave and walked up to him.
    "How have you been? It?s been awhile since I?ve had the displeasure of seeing you," Zair asked cheerfully.
    "I?ve been quite fine. As a matter of fact the other day?"
    "Honestly I don?t really give a hoot and a holler."
    "Well you haven?t changed."
    Zair was beaming. "Did you really expect to him?"
    "One can always hope."
    Zair laughed. "I have missed you Rince. Would you like to accompany me on my quest to find Aayla Secura?"
    Rince raised an eyebrow. Aayla Secura was a Jedi Knight. Why Zair would want to see her? He asked as much.
    A gloomy look came over Zair. "She was the last person to see my brother alive. I want to know exactly what happened to him. I?m sure she will have the answers. But there is another reason. Aayla will be accompanying me on my next mission. I asked the Council if we could have another Jedi along just to bug. They denied me."
    Rince shook his head. "I wonder why? The funny thing is I can see you asking the Council if you can have someone along as your scapegoat."
    Zair just smiled.

Zair couldn?t tell Rince about what he found out about Cambini?s murder. After all it didn?t actually say Pa

21. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    This story flows well. Nice dialogue, you make the movie characters very realistic.

22. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    It would seem that the reply I posted last night did now get posted.

I am at work right now. But I did printed out the second part of the story after I got your PM last night. I got half way last night and will finish it when I get home tonight.

So far its great. The characters are still very realistic and the story makes sense. The torture scene is well written I thought.

23. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks for the nice comments guys.

24. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    I haven't read all of it just yet but it sounds good :D

25. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Finish the second half of the second post.

It was great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.