main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga VICTORY QUEST- Clone Wars-Completed 5/24! Sequal News!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sidious618, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    you are one of these. Keeper_of_Swords is another, and I suppose I myself am one.

Why thank you! I have yet to read one of your stories but I'll check it out. But I agree with you about Keeper of Swords. He is pretty good. He gets the adrenaline pumping! :D

2. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Update!

Victory Quest VI:
    One of Those Days

Part One: System by System, Star by Star
    One Month after the previous Story
    Agamar

The Jedi Knight turned to face his friend. "I?m afraid this is our last stand."
    His friend nodded in response. The two Jedi stood back to back surrounded by Super Battle Droids. Only a few days before the Confederacy had launched a surprise attack on Agamar in retribution for the fall of their Capital, Zeneb. The Republic forces were wiped out within a few hours. Then slowly the Jedi were, too. Now only Shever Ylulen and his friend Anaror were left.
    The Battle Droids raised their built in laser guns and targeted Shever as he brought his lightsaber up to his face. They fired.
    Shever brought his saber down to his stomach to deflect the first few shots back at the Droids. The next laser blasts came for his head. He put all of his weight on his left foot and kicked out while he deflected more laser blasts. His kick connected with one of his enemies and sent it flying. The Battle Droids were suddenly in a bad position as Shever slashed out in a circle. This attack cut at least seven Droids in half and Shever yelled out to Anaror to see if she was all right. She called back that she was.
    The Battle Droids did not stop though. The continuously fired deadly lasers out at the two Jedi. Shever soon found himself on the defensive.
    From across the way Anaror yelled out in pain and fell to the ground.
    Shever turned to see if she was all right. A fatal mistake. He never saw the blast coming.

Dubrillion- One of the Separatists Main Planets

Count Dooku entered the Command Chamber followed by several Generals, Nute Gunray, Shu Mai and San Hill. All but Dooku looked depressed.
    Dooku turned to face them as he activated a holographic projection of the many planets of the galaxy. "Do not fear, my friends. The tragedy of Zeneb is long past us and we move on to conquest. I have just received word that the Agamar Star System has just fallen along with Garqi, which as you know held our facilities until a few months ago when the Republic attacked it. I trust you all know of the casualties we faced their. It was unfortunate that most of them were civilian.
    The Republic is once again retreating on all fronts. Even their forces at Zeneb have retreated although our base was already demolished by the time we arrived with reinforcements. Meanwhile on our other fronts Zhar and Alzoc III have fallen to us. On Ison the Republic lead a successful counter attack. Yet this is only a small setback. Before long Republic space will be caught in the middle of a circle and then we need only to tighten the noose."
    One of the Generals snorted. "You make it sound simple. While we may be having victories our forces are being stretched thin! We barely have enough troops to defend us, here let alone on our smaller planets."
    Dooku nodded, conceding the point. "But we do have an advantage. The Republic is also stretched thin. Although most importantly is our friend here." He snapped his fingers and two Super Battle Droids entered carrying a young Twi?lek woman. Her skin was blue and she had two tentacles coming from the back of her head. Dooku continued. "This is Anaror, a Jedi Knight. She will tell us of the Republic?s plans." He took his curved lightsaber hilt off of his belt and activated it. The long red blade hissed loudly in the silent room. "I have no doubt she will take some convincing. Shall we see how many fingers she will lose before she talks?"

Coruscant-The Jedi Temple

Rince Vunian swallowed as he looked at all of the Jedi Knights that sat before him. "Today," he began, "I will be sharing some very sad news. Y?know with this war we seem to never get time to speak of those we have lost. We never seem to talk about those that give their lives to help us live. We never talk about our friends that have left us. We n

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Thanks Padawanof_Qui-Gon and Sidious. I?m glad my writing is enjoyed.

The Battle Droids raised their built in laser guns and targeted Shever as he brought his lightsaber up to his face. They fired.
    Shever brought his saber down to his stomach to deflect the first few shots back at the Droids. The next laser blasts came for his head. He put all of his weight on his left foot and kicked out while he deflected more laser blasts. His kick connected with one of his enemies and sent it flying
    ???????..liked this. Well coordinated, and thought out.

"This is Anaror, a Jedi Knight. She will tell us of the Republic?s plans." He took his curved lightsaber hilt off of his belt and activated it. The long red blade hissed loudly in the silent room. "I have no doubt she will take some convincing. Shall we see how many fingers she will lose before she talks?"?.nice.

Also good to see that many Jedi are dying?links Episode 3 with 4 well.

Good to get that Episode 2 like talk between Anakin and Obi-wan.

Nice to have Anakin talk with Padme.

4. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    "This is Anaror, a Jedi Knight. She will tell us of the Republic?s plans." He took his curved lightsaber hilt off of his belt and activated it. The long red blade hissed loudly in the silent room. "I have no doubt she will take some convincing. Shall we see how many fingers she will lose before she talks?" *shudders* that sound exactly like Dooku.

"You may have met him once, Anakin. He is a kind man but sad at the moment. Try not to annoy him."
    Anakin rolled his eyes. "Master I?m quite old enough to know what to do in these kind of situations. I?m twenty for crying out loud."
    Obi-Wan smiled. "Well you did roll your eyes as if you were fourteen."
    "How did you??!"
    "Nothing escapes my sight my young apprentice."
    Anakin raised his head in defiance. "Well I have to go somewhere. I?ll meet you on the landing platform in a couple of hours. An don?t worry, I?ll make sure I?m there."
    Obi-Wan?s smile turned into a grin as his apprentice left. Who knows what trouble Anakin was going to get himself into.
    like this, it was hilarious [face_laugh]

Senator Padme Amidala looked into her husbands eyes which were filled with sadness.
    "I?ll be careful," her husband, Anakin Skywalker, promised. "I?ll return safe as always."
    Padme frowned. "We?ve been married for about six months now and our marriage is still secret. I can?t pretend that I?m not married for much longer."
    Anakin nodded in response. "We will tell others soon. But you know how the Jedi frown on marriage."
    She nodded. "Just be careful, okay?"
    "I promise."
    how romantic, you did a really good job :)

and I gree when you say: 'He gets your adrenaline pumping' :D

oh and if you so desire to read a fan fic I'm working on, just go to my resent posts and visit the Qui-gon Discussion thread.

5. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Up, up and away!

6. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    hehe, you're back! :D post more soon! ;)

7. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Update!

Part Two: The Fortress of Varonet
    Varonet

Rince Vunian looked at the walls of the fortress and grinned. The walls were made of durasteel and had built in laser cannons every few meters or so. Outside of the walls were laser turrets and trenches where the first line of Clone Troopers were stationed. Inside the walls were the rest of the Clone Troopers and the Jedi Knights who included: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Agen Kolor, Goror and Kaylya Jorhin. Also inside were two large towers that rose higher than the walls. On top of the towers were several snipers and a laser cannon.
    Rince knew that the Separatist force would be huge but with all of these defenses he could definatly see how they had a good chance of winning.
    He entered back into the base through the large blast doors and greeted the two new Jedi, Agen Kolor and Goror. Agen was a Zabrak, the same species as the late Zair McDashin (which bothered Rince slightly) and Goror was a huge, strong human who stood well over two meters. "Hello, my friends."
    Agen and Goror returned his greeting. "This base looks well defended," said Agen.
    "I was quite happy to see that when I arrived," replied Rince.
    "It doesn?t matter," stated Goror. "This place will fall and it will be up to troops to defend it. Not walls."
    "Agreed."
    Agen elbowed Rince. "Quite the optimist isn?t he?"
    Smiling the Jedi entered the Command Building.
    In there Obi-Wan spoke with Kaylya about plans for the defense of the fortress.
    "Welcome, Agen! Goror!," greeted Kaylya happily. She was a young human woman with shoulder length hair.
    Obi-Wan merely nodded in there direction and continued mumbling battle plans. Rince wondered over to Anakin who stood in the corner. "Hey, Anakin."
    Anakin smiled. "Hi, Master Vunian!" The young man was usually withdrawn unless he was angry but Rince had always took a liking to him. Something in the young man reminded him of himself.
    "How does it go, Anakin?"
    Anakin snorted. "With Obi-Wan making battle plans we can?t decide on anything!"
    "Why am I not surprised?"

Separatist Battleship Arnakor- In route to Varonet

Defera stared into the eyes of Count Dooku. His image was being broadcast from Dubrillion and she was able to view him holographically.
    "Count Dooku, we?ve picked up a lot of troop movements to Varonet. The planet will be more heavily defended than we thought."
    "It doesn?t matter. I have equipped you with an army of a hundred thousand Super Battle Droids."

Varonet

"Our sensors are picking something up," spoke Agen Kolor. "It?s the Separatist fleet."
    The Jedi were in the Command and Control planning the defense of Varonet.
    "Are our troops in position?" asked Obi-Wan.
    "All of them," snarled Goror.
    Rince glanced at Obi-Wan. "I guess we just wait for them to attack. I don?t believe we have another option."
    "We can meet them head on!" Anakin said excitedly.
    Kaylya shook her head. "That would be futile."
    Agen announced, "Their first wave has landed and is advancing!"

The Separatist Transport ships landed and opened their doors. Massive Hailfire Droids wheeled out firing at the Clone Troopers in the trenches. The Clones stood erect and fired. Their blue blasts smacked the Hailfire Droids but did not stop them. The Hailfire Droids fired their missiles and slaughtered a hundred Clone Troopers a shot.
    The Commanding Republic officer realized that the laser rifles would take to long to wear down the onslaught and so he told the Clones to throw grenades.
    Clone Trooper 1

8. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    that was good!

I especially liked the part: Defera stared into the eyes of Count Dooku. His image was being broadcast from Dubrillion and she was able to view him holographically. the reasons why... I'm not telling *turns head and whistles innocently*

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I liked the heavily fortified military fortress. Great description.

Cool writing about the Hailfire droids. Love those purple missiles they fire.

Clone Trooper grabbed onto the wheel of a Hailfire Droid and got himself stop of the Droid. Instead of destroying the Droid he fired burst after burst of lasers into the Droids around him. The Droids seemed to fall like dominos. When there were no more Droids around him he dropped a grenade onto the Droid and ran as it exploded.??.nice.

Then the Separatists unleashed their most dangerous weapon: Dark Jedi?.great end to a post.

Keep up the good work!

10. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Update!

Part Three: The Betrayal
    Varonet

Red lightsabers lit up as the Dark Jedi flew towards the Clone Troopers. The Clones took aim and pumped out shot after shot. The Dark Jedi deflected the shots back at the Clones and the Clones went down in pain.
    On board one of the Gunships came a call from Rince Vunian. "This is General Vunian. Target the Dark Jedi with your missiles."
    The Gunships went down and let off several missiles. A few of the Dark Jedi were thrown across the field but the majority of them escaped.
    The AT-TE?s began raining fire down on the Dark Jedi and even more fell. Obviously these weren?t well trained Jedi.

"We?ve been holding out on all fronts," stated Goror. "The Dark Jedi seem to be just a last ditch attempt to take our base."
    Rince smiled. "Perhaps we should attack." Every head turned towards him as if he?d just suggested that they go shoot themselves.
    "Are you insane?" hissed Goror.
    "Yes, but that?s not the point. The Separatists will not be expecting an attack on their Control Ship. I say we launch a group of Jedi Starfighters and damage their ship. With their ship damaged we can board it and take control. We could end the battle in a few hours with a lot less bloodshed."
    Obi-Wan stroked his chin. "This could work. But we need them to be totally occupied. I say me, Kaylya and Goror strike at the Dark Jedi. Meanwhile you and Anakin can take down the Droid Control Ship with several other squadrons. Agen can stay here and continue issuing commands."
    Kaylya shook her head. "Anakin and Rince will certainly die."
    "No they won?t" replied Obi-Wan as he walked over to her. "They are both excellent pilots. We can do this."
    Anakin smiled. "I?m in."
    With a growl Goror said, "Well as long as I?m not the one throwing my life away in space, I?m in."
    "I?m not." Kaylya stated firmly.
    Rince turned to her. "It could give us a quick victory. I don?t see another choice."
    Kaylya shook her head in disgust. "We?d be throwing away two Jedi Knights? lives as well as a few squadrons of Clones. There is no way this can happen. I?m out."
    Obi-Wan began to speak but Rince cut him off. "Me and Anakin now how to destroy the Droid Control Ship. We can do it. Trust us. We will get Defera and her ship."
    Kaylya was stubborn. "No. If this fails we could lose. I am not willing to take that chance."
    Agen Kolor finally spoke. "Kaylya you are out numbered I?m afraid. We have to do this."
    She banged her hand on the table and she finally raised her voice. "No! I am a General too. We all have to agree."
    Rince groaned. "We?re wasting time."
    Kaylya looked him straight in the eye. "Rince, don?t be foolish. This cannot happen."
    Rince Vunian?s anger came out all at once. "You stupid bitch!! Are you blind to what is going on around you?! With or without your permission I?m striking at that ship. Alone if I have to. Defera must die."
    Agen put a hand on Rince?s shoulder. "Relax, my friend. We are going through with this.
    Rince was still angry but nodded and began the trek to the Jedi Starfighters.
    Once he left Agen turned to the others. "Their is something bothering Rince. Anakin could you keep an eye on him while you are up there? Make sure that he doesn?t act foolishly. I have a feeling he means to have revenge on Defera."
    Anakin nodded. "I?ll make sure he is all right." With that he hurried off after Rince.

11. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    That was a good post. Obi-wan's actions were cool.

12. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    holy sith!! that was good! keep up the good work! :cool:

13. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Star Wars
    Victory Quest VII:
    Enemies

Part One: The Fall?s Going to Kill Him
    Varonet

"Are you saying Rince Vunian killed her?" Anakin asked as if it was impossible.
    "Yes, I am." Obi-Wan kneeled onto the ground and studied Defera?s body. "I find it unbelievable also my young, Padawan but it did indeed happen."
    Goror stepped forward. "Rince did seem like an angry one."
    Kayla nodded. "I can vouch for that."
    Agen Kolor said nothing. Silence soon brought about an uncertain feeling. Hopeless, even.
    Breaking the tension Obi-Wan said, "I think we should tell the Jedi Temple.

Coruscant- The Chancellor?s Office
    The Following Day

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine looked at the faces of Padme Amidala, Bail Organa and Orn Free Taa. All esteemed Senators of the Republic.
    "I?m sure," began the Chancellor, "that you?ve all heard of Rince Vunian?s acts on Varonet. The Jedi have informed me that he is going to face Dooku. They also said that in the state he is in he could be seduced into joining them."
    Padme sighed and put a finger to here temple. "I thought he was one of the more comendable Jedi Knights."
    Bail replied, "That means nothing. The Force can be dangerous and powerful. One can?t know what it could do if it is used in the wrong way. Poor Rince seems to have fallen into the trap of using the Force in a selfish way. The Jedi call it the Dark Side."
    Padme could have sworn that there was a faint smile on the Chancellor's lips but it quickly went away. The Chancellor said, "Tomorrow a set of new laws are going in affect. This set of laws will ban several species from certain activities as their species has been known to collabarate with the Separatists. These species are: Quarrens, Neimoidians, Genosians, Aqualish and several other species."
    Orn Free Taa spoke up and said, "You know that you will be called racist and the Separatists will use this as propaganda."
    The Chancellor nodded. "Indeed I do. But it is for the security of this planet. I can see no other way."
    Orn nodded. "I also must congratulate you on the victory on Varonet. This will no doubt raise the public?s moral. And that can?t possible be a bad thing."
    "No, not usually."
    Padme asked, "What of our next move? With this victory perhaps the Separatists might be more willing to have a peace treaty."
    "Senator Amidala," began the Chancellor coolly. "I would love to have peace but don?t be naïve. The Separatists have no intention of giving up anytime soon. Which is precisely why I have asked Master Windu to join us."
    In the corner of the room stood Jedi Master Mace Windu. Every head except for Palpatine?s turned toward him. None of them had noticed him.
    Palpatine continued, "We intend to wipe out the Separatists, or at least hurt them, by killing Count Dooku. The Jedi are going to Morishim to lead a massive assault on the rather large Separatist base their."
    Cutting him off Padme said, "But they?d never win!"
    "They don?t have to. Once our attack commences a large army from the Separatist headquarters will come to help them."
    Padme sighed. "That may leave the Separatist base open to attack but we don?t even know where it is."
    "One person does." Mace Windu spoke for the first time. "Rince Vunian."
    Padme shook her head. "We don?t even know where he is." Then she realized what they were planning.

14. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    This set of laws will ban several species from certain activities as their species has been known to collabarate with the Separatists. These species are: Quarrens, Neimoidians, Genosians, Aqualish and several other species."
    Orn Free Taa spoke up and said, "You know that you will be called racist and the Separatists will use this as propaganda."
    The Chancellor nodded. "Indeed I do. But it is for the security of this planet. I can see no other way."
    ?.cool.

"Senator Amidala," began the Chancellor coolly. "I would love to have peace but don?t be naïve?.nice! Sidious called her naïve in Episode 1.

Padme realized that they would win but the Super Battle Droids might reach the civilians and Dorme first. Taking action she crawled over to the fallen Jedi who was still breathing. She grabbed the Jedi?s lightsaber and activated it. She swung the green blade into the surprised Battle Droids?.Loved this part. Also cool how you got in Dorme.

I liked how you wrote a part as seen from the point of view of Droid 458. Very original.

Yeahhhhh, General Grievous !!! Awesome!!

15. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Glad you enjoyed it!

16. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Bumping.

17. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    that was excellent! keep up the good work! :)

18. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks Padawan.

19. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    *tips cowboy hat while riding by on Mon Capitan* not a problem partner. :D

20. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I'll be updating again soon.

21. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    do so, I'm tense with excitement! ;)

22. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    This update has been long in coming. It starts out slowly and gains speed. I like how it ends.

Part Two: The Elite
    Dubrillion- The Following Day

The cloaked figure approached Count Dooku swiftly. The two were on a balcony looking out at the mountains. Far off a storm was approaching and already the sky was dark.
    "Lord Sidious," spoke Count Dooku to the cloaked man, "it is good to see you. What is it that you need?"
    "Do not hurry me Lord Tyrannous."
    Dooku sighed. "I suggest you not call me by my Sith name while we are hear."
    "Suggest all you want, Dooku but remember that I make the decisions."
    "I wouldn?t dare forget it, Darth Sidious."
    Sidious was silent before saying, "What of our devices? Are they all in place?"
    Dooku looked outward toward the mountains. "Yes. We placed the first one on Ylesia just as you ordered."
    "Yes. Send down the machines." Ezzan clicked off the comlink and approached OHH-8, the commanding droid. OHH-8 was skinny looking and had a snouted face plate. Only the gold markings on him distinguished him from the other Battle Droids. "The diggers are under your command OHH-8. Be careful."
    "Yes, sir," his mechanical voice responded.
    Ezzan just nodded in response and hurried back to his transport.

"We placed the next one on Bimmiel."
    "Don?t send the fleet. Order them to retreat," spoke Palpatine.
    General Tiiver, a male human nearing middle age, gaped. "What?! We have been putting this fleet together just for Bimmiel. Once it arrives the odds won?t be so favorable for the Separatists."
    Palpatine leaned back. "No doubt. But the Separatists are expecting our fleet to arrive. Let?s put them off their footing. Alert General Fisto to retreat when he feels the need to. The Separatists will no longer be confident that they can predict our movements. This is, in many ways, a victory for us, General."

"Once the Republic fled we were able to place the second device there. The third was slightly tougher."
    A huge force pushed Rittark to the ground. When he opened his eyes a Jedi Knight was standing over him. The Knight was in his late thirties and had a red beard. Rittark recognized him immediately. "Obi-Wan Kenobi," he hissed. Looking around Rittark saw destroyed Droids everywhere. He had definitely underestimated the Jedi. To his right Duffer was being handcuffed. "I don?t know anything," said Rittark.
    "Master, do we have to waste our time here. We took the bridge. Can we leave now?" moaned, what Rittark guessed, was Kenobi?s apprentice.
    Kenobi turned to face his apprentice. "Anakin we have a Confederacy ship in our hands. Imagine what we could do with this. Besides the Chancellor ordered us specifically for this mission."

"Surprisingly the Jedi were able to take Zeneb. We were forced to flee along with the device. But do not worry. It has been planted where it needs to be." Dooku turned back to look at Sidious. "Well this really prove a test for Master Vunian?"
    Sidious turned. "Yes. It most certainly will.
    Just one more thing Dooku. Does anyone else know of this?"
    Dooku sighed. "One person knew but she is now dead."
    Count Dooku looked at the holographic map of Thyferra. "This is where we will have to strike next," he said to Defera wh

23. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    AAAHHH!! that was AMAZING!! I LOVED your discription of Count Dooku!! keep up the good work and stay in the saddle partner!! :D

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    That was well written indeed. The battle scenes were great. Nice how you described events taking place in different locations.

25. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.