main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga VICTORY QUEST- Clone Wars-Completed 5/24! Sequal News!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sidious618, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    not a problem partner. :D

2. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    This story is great.... just wanna say that :S Hehe.... keep writing ;)

3. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks for reading!

I want to say that I'm taking a slight break from writing this story. Don't worry the break will only last a week or so. :D

4. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
  5. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    An update!(We're getting close to the conclusion!)

Victory Quest VIII:
    Heroes

Part One: The Insane Assault
    Morishim

The Gunships screeched as they flew through the air raining terror on the Super battle Droids below. The Gunships descended out of the sky and landed on the ground to let off troops. The Clone Troopers banded together and ran towards the battle.
    Chaos was the only way to describe the battle that was taking place. There were no bases in site. Just two massive armies on the rocky plains. Each army came at the other full force and when they met no one could see anything but dust and laser fire. But one could easily hear what was going on. Explosions were everywhere along with screams of pain as Clones fell down, dying.
    At the rear of the Republic battle lines was General Obi-Wan Kenobi. He stood with his Padawan, Anakin, who had just landed. Next to Anakin was General Tiiver and they were discussing the situation in the makeshift barrack.
    "We?re gettin? slaughtered," growled Tiiver. "We can?t hold out against forces of this size. Most of our capital ships are in ruins and Separatist reinforcements haven?t stopped arriving. Dooku sure has it in for us. On top ?o that the Separatist general is insanely smart. I?ve never seen Battle Droids move like that. He?s using tactics that we would never dare try. And their working."
    "I know," replied Kenobi. "We?ll have to pull back and regroup. Get some of the Jedi onto the front lines. We?ll push forward again in an hour."
    The Clone Troopers slowly moved back, still firing, and began to group back together. The Battle Droids backed off for reasons unknown.
    At the barracks Anakin looked surprised. "Master, the Droids are moving back."
    Kenobi nodded. "A smart tactic. The Separatists want to regroup while we do the same, so when we?re ready they?re just as ready."
    The young Jedi sighed, "Master Obi-Wan I don?t see a way out of this."
    "Nor do I."
    At that very second an explosion ripped through the barrack. "Droids are behind us!" hollered Tiiver. "We?re surrounded."
    That was an understatement. The Republic forces were like a small dot compared to the Droids.
    "I guess we can forget about regrouping," Obi-Wan said dryly as he turned on his lightsaber.
    He turned to face where the barrack had fallen. Droids flooded in through the gaping hole. Obi-Wan called upon the Force and manipulated the air to push back the first few Battle Droids. As they fell he ran forward and began hacking away at the enemy. Even though he was outnumbered Obi-Wan did not flinch. His saber was flying elegantly through the air as he destroyed Droid after Droid. They fired relentlessly at him yet the Jedi Knight either swerved easily out of the way or deflected the shots back at him with his saber. Kenobi seemed unstoppable.
    Obi-Wan lashed out at two droids with his leg and stabbed another through it?s "eyes". Without missing a beat he pulled the saber back towards him and throw it at the new Droids that were entering. The saber lobbed off all of their heads. The Force brought the saber back to Obi-Wan?s hand and he smiled. So many Droids down and he hadn?t even begun to sweat.
    Clone Trooper 546 ran up to the General. "We?ve been able to secure the area around the barracks but we still can?t escape."
    The General looked at the Clone evenly. "Take a squad and blast a small hole through their lines. My forces and I?ll be right behind you. This may be our last hope."
    "Yes, sir," saluted 546. He ran out of the barrack and signaled for his squad. "Let?s move!"
    The group moved as one and they all fired as one. Soon a small hole was in the Separatist force and Kenobi was right behind them giving them fire.

6. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    *runs around screaming* THAT'S INTENSE!!!! MORE!!!! MUST HAVE MORE!!!! :D

7. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Nice work Sidious. I like how you specifically mentioned Clone Trooper 546, cause clones are often seen just as an army of warriors.

Looking forward to more.

8. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm glad to see you guys enjoyed this one. :D

9. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Good ways of showing how much more flexible an innovative Clonetroopers are in their tactics than droids.

Good way of showing how disorganised the Jedi are, ?I?m a General too!? As Han would say ?There?s no time to debate this in a committee!? :)

Poor droid 458.

Enjoyed the battle.

And Rince is a clone of Palpatine? Ouch.

10. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Hey JM!

Thankk you for reading.

After the next update I want you guys to tell me if Rince being a Clone is to far-fetched.

11. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004

*droooooowling* hehe :d

12. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Part Two: Grevious Problems
    Morishim- Day 5

Obi-Wan Kenobi, along with Anakin, Tiiver and 546, had made it out of the battle alive and had regrouped with their army. The battle was at a standstill for the moment.
    "We?ll need to construct more trenches so we can give ourselves cover when the Separatists decide to attack again," Obi-Wan stated to 546. "These plains offer us no cover at all. We?re lucky that the clouds make it harder for the enemy to see us."
    And it indeed was cloudy. Small droplets of rain had begun to come down an hour before. The plains? soil had turned to mud and it was becoming difficult to travel. Luckily the Republic Troops weren?t the ones that had to travel.
    "Yes, sir," responded 546. The clone then turned and barked out orders to the others. Obi-Wan meanwhile approached Anakin.
    "Anakin, have you had any luck in connecting our ships above?"
    The young apprentice shook his head. "Non at all. The Separatists are jamming our communications. We just have to hope that the battle is going well up there."

Goror was leading Dragon Squadron in attacks against the Trade Federation Battleships. He had been doing so the last six days with only a few hours for sleep.
    He squadron had just destroyed a gunship when he announced, "Let?s move away from here. Their are some other Battleships about fifteen thousand kilometers starboard of us. Adjust your course so we can intercept them. We?ll arrive within firing range in about thirteen minutes." The Jedi Knight leaned back in his seat. It had been a hard few days for him. Goror had lost some close friends.
    Yet one friend was still with him: his droid counterpart R5-K5.
    R5-K5 was on his starboard wing. R5 was an astromech droid with a cylinder body and two small legs. R5 was designed to help Goror in his hyperspace calculations along with warning him of in-coming ships and adjusting the shields. R5 units were in a Jedi Starfighters and some Jedi used them more than others. Goror had become attached to R5 over the years yet it wouldn?t seem that way to an outsider as the two often bickered yet it was a friendly bickering in a way. The Droid communicated to Goror with shrill whistles and beeps. The translations of what the Droid was saying appeared on a computer screen in Goror?s cockpit.
    Goror turned and looked out of his cockpit and gave the little droid a wave. "How are we?"
    On the computer screen the Droids? words appeared.
    I am fine. How are you?
    "As good as ever, I suppose. How are our shields?"
    Shields are at 37%. Not good, if you ask me.
    "37%? That?s not good at all.
    I?m glad you?re here to tell me that.
    "Quiet, you," grunted Goror as he looked down at his sensors. The Separatist ships were approaching. "We?re going to be seeing some action. Are you ready?"
    I am quite ready. I?ll try to see if we can get more shield power before we attack. Is that okay with, you?
    "Yeah, it?s quite okay with me. But let me tell you, we?re going to need help and soon. The republic won?t be able to hold out for much longer."

Belkadan

In the gloomy caves of Belkadan Darth Sidious and Count Dooku waited for Rince Vunian?s arrival.

13. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    37% shields does indeed not sounds good.

I absolutely love the fact that the whole ?from the future? thing is just Sideous adding an extra layer of deceit to things. So much of the time the far-fetched story is the correct one, however implausible it is, and the sceptics are revealed as idiots so it is lovely to see this turned around for once.

Interesting that Nute Gunray is seeing that some things do not fit as he?s hardly the best military mind around. Not sure what Grevious?s attitude suggests (could be disdain, feeling that Nute and Shu Mai aren?t even worth telling what is going on).

I wonder what Goror could be sensing, and a nice cliff-hanger last line. Could mean Goror dies. Could mean his fighter gets blasted into tiny fragments so R5 ?dies?. Could even mean Goror gets blinded if you want to take ?never see? literally. :)

Looking forward to more as always, lots of nice plots being balanced.

14. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks a lot JM. :D

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow... just loving this!!! Had to peep in to say it! Getting really heavy!! :D Keep up the good work!! :D

16. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Nice. I liked Gogor and R5?s characterization as well as the meeting of the Separatist leaders on Morishim. Also, good description of the general.

17. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks for popping in Kynstar and thanks for the kind words K_O_S

18. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    WOW! I wonder WHAT Padme is planning *giggles evilly*... anywho, keep up the goo work sidious ^_^

19. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm almost done with the next part.

20. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    okies, post soon! :cool:

21. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Another update!

Part Three: Grevious Unleashed
    Morishim

Only a minute had passed when Goror saw a small figure in the rocky distance. He began to run and was running faster than he ever thought he could. As he came closer to the figure he saw that it was not small at all. It was bent over. And now it was standing up.
    "Jedi!" The icy voice made Goror stop in his tracks. "You have met your match," the figure said. The figure was cloaked and looked ominous.
    Goror took a deep breath and the big man said, "Who are you and what are you doing?"
    The figure moved forward and Goror could fully see him now. There was no question as to who this was. It could only be General Grevious.
    Goror took a step back. The General took one forward. With a swift movement two lightsabers appeared in the General?s hands.
    Goror stood tall and ignited his own green lightsaber. The General ignited his to reveal one green blade and one blue blade. Perhaps the most shocking thing was that his arms were robotic.
    "You?re a Jedi?" asked Goror.
    "No. I am the General."
    "Of what? Cliché?s? You?re like a bad guy out of a corny story" Actually Goror was scared out of his wits.
    "Fool." Grevious began to move forward but Goror was too quick. The Jedi lunged to his left and struck out at Grevious. Grevious blocked the attack with his right lightsaber and he swung his left lightsaber at Goror?s head. Goror ducked and stabbed at Grevious? robotic foot. This time it was Grevious who was too fast, blocking the attack with a quick swipe. Goror jumped back and pushed out at Grevious. The General barely noticed.
    The big Jedi feinted a blow at the General and then jumped too his right and ran towards the large device the General was working on. Goror raised his blade and plunged his saber right through it. The Force told him he did what he had come to do. Goror smiled.
    Grevious, meanwhile, jumped high and brought both of his blades down on Goror?s head. Goror brought his blade up and blocked the assault. The force of Grevious? attack pushed the Jedi to the ground. With a thrust downward Grevious stabbed Goror?s heart. The Jedi jerked and fell dead.

Belkadan
    Sidious? head came up quickly and he turned to Dooku. "The Atupk has been destroyed." An angry look passed over his cloaked face. "We have lost one of our most valuable possessions. Who was guarding it?"
    Dooku swallowed. "Grevious."
    "Hmm? That device along with the others would have allowed us to detect the Jedi."
    Dooku raised an eyebrow. "The others on Ylesia and Bimmiel are still in place."
    Sidious shook his head. "We needed all of them to be in place for it to work. The Atupks would send out beams that would bounce off of each other and create a large area, that would cover most of the galaxy. In that area we would be able to locate any Jedi as the beams can sense a heavy Force presence. We could have found the Jedi easily but now it will be more difficult. Nevertheless we will still hunt down all of the Jedi eventually. "For now let us await the arrival of Master Vunian."

Morishim-The Final Day

General Obi-Wan Kenobi lined up the remaining Jedi Knights. About fifty in all. The stood at the base of a hill. On the other side of the hill waited the Separatist Army. They had finally cornered the Jedi.
    Obi-Wan?s eyes scanned the Jedi?s eyes. "With only a hundred clones left and twenty Jedi things may seem hopeless. Perhaps this is a hopeless situation.

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Next one will be the final one? Uh oh.. now that sounds pretty scary... gonna be doing sequal?

Great work! Liked how ya handled General Grevious! :D :D Also thanks for the PM!!

Awsome play! Can't wait for the next one!

23. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Nasty surprise, thinking someone is small and then they stand up...

You?re like a bad guy out of a corny story
    Hopefully Ep.III won?t be too corny :p

Good self sacrifice on the part of Goror, left himself vulnerable but achieved his goal before getting battered to the ground and being open to the final blow.

Fortunate that Padmé arrived when she did and that the Naboo military has enough resources.

Next update is the final one? Ooch, I can tell why that is going to have to be huge.

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Great post! And so the general kills another Jedi. Cool battle on Morishim and interesting to get Naboo fighters involved - nice blend of features from both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

25. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm glad to see you all enjoyed it.

A sequal? We'll have to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.