main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga VICTORY QUEST- Clone Wars-Completed 5/24! Sequal News!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sidious618, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    The final story will be called, "Memorial Day".

2. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
  3. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    And now the conclusion...

Victory Quest IX:

Memorial Day

There needs to be a time where we can appreciate the work that the Jedi have done. The sacrifices that they have made. This time will be in three weeks: the anniversary of the start of the war. Memorial Day - Palpatine

Round One: Vunian vs. Dooku
    Belkadan- The First Annual Memorial Day

The cave was large, large enough for Dooku?s ship to fit through and land. Rince Vunian was hell bent on reaching that ship and killing it?s occupant. Yet Master Vunian was missing one tidbit of information: Dooku?s ship had two people in it and the second person was even deadlier than Dooku.
    The gravel on the ground of the cave rose and fell as Jedi Knight Rince Vunian ran towards the large opening at the back of the cave. The opening was like a giant mouth ready to eat Rince Vunian for lunch. Nevertheless Vunian ran as if he was a man gone insane. Perhaps he was.
    Rince Vunian had only one thought in his mind and that was to reach and kill Dooku. It seemed, to him, that he had to do that. Justice must be served, he thought to himself. It?s only fair. He was responsible of the death of Zair McDashin and countless other Jedi. When Rince Vunian had to speak and name some of the Jedi that had died at a large funeral service a few months ago, Rince knew that Dooku had to die. First the Jedi killed Dooku?s pawn, Defera, then he set his sights on Dooku. Now he had the chance to end it all.
    There was one part of Vunian?s mind that screamed at him. You shouldn?t be doing this! Something isn?t right, it said. Vunian did not listen. He blocked off that part of his brain even though he knew that what it was saying was true. It was too late now, though. He had to go through with this. The confrontation had to happen. Dooku must die!
    There he was. Inside the hole in the cave stood Count Dooku, leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, also know as Darth Tyrannous, Sith Lord.
    There was no exchange of words as Rince Vunian ran towards Dooku. Both knew what was going to happen.
    Rince Vunian ignited his green lightsaber as he leapt into the air and struck down at Dooku. With a swift motion Dooku ignited his own red lightsaber and the two saber?s met with a screech as energy beam hit energy beam.
    Vunian through himself backwards and slashed out at Dooku with his blade. With an inhuman howl Vunian charged forward and hacked at Dooku?s head and Dooku brought up his saber to block the attack. The Jedi Knight was quick and fought against Dooku pushing him backwards, farther into the cave. Yet, for some reason, it seemed as if Dooku was really in command.
    The sabers clashed and the two opponents charged back and forth at each other with intense anger. The two men slowly circled around each other lashing out at odd moments. The blue walls of the cave were scorched as sparks flew.
    Vunian moved forward and put Dooku back on the offensive forcing him backwards. The two were slowly moving towards a small tunnel in the side of the wall that led back up to the surface and, eventually, to the top of a cliff.
    Dooku?s elegant movements seemed to clash with Vunian?s clunky, yet powerful, assaults. Screeches echoed throughout the cave as the combatants entered the small tunnel. Dimly lit it was harder to fight. After a few moments light filtered through and the men came out of the cave and attacked each other harder than before. Finally Dooku jumped backwards and the battle entered into a stalemate mode.
    Neither moved yet both looked as if they were the predator and the other was the prey.
    The eerie silence was broken when Vunian charge forward and brought up his saber and brought it back

4. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    AAACCCKKK! I WANT MORE, but VERY good ending, leaves you haging... sequel?

5. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Sequal? Perhaps. But not for a while. I'm doing an Obi-Wan Kenobi story next.

6. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Let me just say a couple of things:

1) I really enjoyed writing this story. A lot.
    2) Not only was this fun, I learned a lot and I'm sure my next story will be better. I don't think this story was nomination worthy in the least bit(but I won't stop you ;)) but I had a fun time and I hope all of you did.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhhh! Evil ending!!!! But I like!!! :D :D

Oh I do hope ya do a sequal! Gonna have to ;) well only if ya want to of course hehehehe But ya did leave that ending wide open! :D

Great job! And thanks for the PM!!

8. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Enjoyed Count Dooku casually baiting Rince along, lovely elegant parries baiting Rince along. Loved Dooku?s nice urbane comments and that even when Rince regained a measure of control and was fighting smarter that Dooku was not fooled in the least bit by the others fake moves.

Nice manipulation by Sideous and I enjoyed Dooku demanding answers. Always a problem the idea that Count Dooku would be satisfied to be subordinate to anyone.

Liked the continued mental manipulation by Sideous while Rince was semi-conscious. Makes you wonder just how much was really Rinces own mind speaking to him and how much was Sideous influencing his thoughts and memories towards those directions.

Enjoyed that as soon as Rince got his answers that the trapdoor opened. Good planning by Sideous to get Rince to that point and good planning to leave a backup copy of himself just in case.

Thanks for the PM.

9. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks guys!

10. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Grand ending! Lots of powerful dialogue.

11. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    *gasp* Keeper_of_Swords! long time no see! :eek:

and has anyone noticed how... strange Leia looks on our banner up there ^?

12. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    She still looks good. ;)

13. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Of course she does! ;) I'm just saying she looks a little...

14. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    She does look a little awkward...

15. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    Yeeesss... like she's saying: "If you so much as touch me Admiral Tarkin, I am going to kill you!!!!" [face_laugh]

16. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
  17. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Oh PoQG you may be interested in my new Obi-Wan story. While it does take place during the Clone Wars a good quarter or more is flashbacks with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

BTW Qui-Gon is tied for my favorite character. The other is Palpatine. :D

18. PadawanofQui-Gon

Oct 26, 2003
    COOL! :cool: I shall see to it immediately! :D

edit: uh... where exactly is it :confused:

19. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
  20. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003