main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Video Copilot Saber! Free AE Plugin

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Cotechs, May 13, 2016.

1. Cotechs

Cotechs Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2016
    I haven't seen anything on this, but if you need an easy way to create lightsabers, this is by far the easiest. Andrew Kramer has been giving back to the filmmaking community for almost a decade, and after doing VFX on TFA, he has released this plugin totally free. I'm currently using it for my fan film "The Force is Real" and it rocks! Still frame by framing, but it's point and click, keyframed greatness!

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/saber_plug-in/

If you're into CGI integration and have their Element 3D, they have also released a free STAR WARS model pack!

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Downloaded the plugin a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to test it yet. Looked at the tutorial though, and it looks pretty great!

Very interested in trying out Element 3D (and their Star Wars pack), but I can't afford it, and my computer probably couldn't handle it. The still frames on their website look pretty great though!

3. Cotechs

Cotechs Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2016
    I have been using Saber for my film, and though I'm still frame by frame rotoscoping it, the movement is so clean! Here's a grab. [​IMG]