main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Video Ezy is adopting the online rental model.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Video stores must be feeling the heat because of all the online rental places because video ezy are introducing a similar offer. They're not going to online rentals but they're introducing a flat-fee of $30 a month (same as most of the online places) and you can hire as many DVDs you want (up to four at a time) and keep them for as long as you want (except for what they call the premium movies which you can only keep for one night)

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, if you had the time you could watch four new dvds a day and best of all you get to go to the store and pick the ones you want.

2. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Somebody has to be interested in this.

Who spends more than $30 a month buying DVDs?

3. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    if you had the time you could watch four new dvds a day

... or you could get a life :p

4. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    if you had the time

simply pointing out the value, anyway it turns out you can only have 2 new ones at a time and 2 weeklys and out of the two new ones only one can be what they call a 'premiere' new release and you can only keep it for a night.

Edit: Once again I win the prize for longest sentence.

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I might sometimes spend more than $30 a month on DVDs but that doesn't make me interested in this because I barely rent $30 worth of movies in a year.

...and I know you might suggest that I could rent the movies that I was going to buy and make copies but honestly, I'd prefer to own the original.

6. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Why make copies if you have access to such a large collection all the time? (this is the point I was trying to make)

Mind you I'm just posing the question, I like to have a collection at home.

I'm just interested to see if this actually effects DVD sales.

7. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    INteresting idea of Video Ezy.

I for one would find this much like I found my Gym membership..great at first after you've paid the money, then it becomes almost a chore to go get a movie, you feel like you HAVE to or you're wasting money, you become regretful that you spent so much money in the first place, and when you get there, there's no-one..umm...any movies..worth perving..um looking at.

I for one will stick to my 2 dollar tuesday's, I get one overnighter and one or two weeklies. Today I got the first DVD of "the tenth kingdom" I think it's called! LOOKS PRETTY COOL..be interested to know if anyone has watched the series. ANd I got the Jungle Book 2, which I haven't seen.

Taraaa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.