main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Video footage at Celebration

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Luukeskywalker, Sep 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I was not in Denver for the first one in 1999, but obviously they screen never seen before footage there for the fans including Duel of the fates video.

Well, I am definetly going to Indianapolis, but there is a decent chance that I won't be able to arrive until later in the day on Friday.

My understanding is that they have an opening ceremony/presentation where they premere the video ffotage. Well that is how they did it in Denver. So DOTF was shown first thing on Friday when the gates opened.

If the same thing happens this time, then I will probably miss it. However, my question is, will I still be able to see it at the convention? Do they re-run it and/or continuously keep showing this footage?

Becuase they have already officially announced that there will be never seen before footage shown in Indy.

2. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    All of the footage shown during SWC Opening Ceremony was shown repeatedly so all the attendees could see it. They had scheduled showings, just like at the movies. They'd clear an audience out out, and let in another. Hopefully, we'll all get a chance to see and experience each attraction in Indy! There was also a screening roon in Denver that played looped tapes of old Kenner and Burger King commercials, SW appearances and references in the Muppet Show, sitcoms, cartoons, clips from SW documentaries... There should be TONS to see and do next year - it's the 25TH anniversary!!!

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    According to Jedimama, she was in line and talking to CNN at the same time when the Opening Ceremonies happened and she couldn't see the video at all. According to her they never showed it again. So maybe we're talking about different thing or maybe the information at Celebration wasn't clear.

My impression, though, is that because of the mistakes made at Denver, the Opening Ceremony video will not be shown in the morning or whenever they open the convention, but in the evening, giving people time to get there, especially if they live close by and have just gotten off of work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.