main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq ~*Video Game Thread*~

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Don't know if we have one of these here but I decided to make one! Here you can post all your video games that you love! Star Wars or Non-SW. This applies for computer games too!

Right now there are a few games I want and that I want to play

1) Halo...my best friend in Georgia loves this game! He participates in tournaments and I want to see what it's all about!

2) Final Fantasy X-2... This one is a follow-up to my favorite game! I am very big on the Final Fantasy series!

Well, Don't be shy!! POST away!!

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey LadyNaberrie, cool topic idea.

Well, I'm a video game enthusiast, but alas, not a lot of money to spend on this past-time.

However, here's my list...
    -----------------------------------------
    PC:
    Half-Life
    Counter-Strike
    Rogue Squadron
    Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance (whole X-Wing series, actually)
    Star Wars: Dark Forces (whole series, including the Outcast and Academy additions)
    The Sims
    Serious Sam (1 and 2)
    Max Payne
    Star Wars: Racer
    Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
    StarCraft
    WarCraftII (haven't played three yet)

Console:
    Gran Turismo series
    Ridge Racer Series
    Mortal Kombat series
    Street Fighter series
    Spyro series
    assort RPGs and action titles
    -------------------------------------------
    I'm also interested in Halo because of what I've heard about it. But I don't have an X-Box and don't plan on getting one, but luckily it just came out for the PC. I've read you have to have a nice beefy computer to play it, though. Same with the oft-delayed, but soon-to-be-on-shelves Half-Life 2.

This kinda gives me an idea for a new topic, so I'll post that next.

3. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Video games...

PC: who knows, there are so many. in no order
    Gothic
    Return to castle wolfenstien - One of the best Multi-player 3D shooters
    Jedi Academy - The best jedi knight yet
    Baldur's Gate I & 2 - #1 was the first Good Dungeons and Dragons game
    Star Wars Galaxies - Super Crack
    Never Winter knights- A new concept on a Really good D&D game
    The Fallout Series, 1&2 for full moral freedom and Tactics for real time action! (one and two were turn based -RPG's)
    Any thing blizzard makes any thing, they only put out good games (that includes warcraft III Brother Halo)

console: - i have a couple favorites
    the Grand Theft auto III and Vice city, One and two are poodo
    Baldur's Gate, completely different than the PC game is shares it's name with
    Dynasty Warriors!!! how can killing more people than SARS be bad! (http://www.redlor.com/reviews/2003-5.html review on my website for #4)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff and I'm sure all the games mentioned above and below are super cool too!

-lor

4. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    My favorite video games include:

1. Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic.. truly amazing.

2. Rogue Leader on GC: classic star wars, classic game. Looking forward to the sequal: Rebel Strike

3. Sim games: Roller coaster tycoon, The Sims, SimCity..

4. NoOne Lives Forever series.. A 60's lara croft with a wit.. great games with great humor.

5. Civilization 3: I guess i just like to build things and tell people what to do..

6. Splinter Cell: very challenging and much more than a run and gun shooter (like Halo).

PS.. I have Halo, and am probably the only xbox owner that doesnt really like the game. Interesting story, decent visuals, very repetitive.

5. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    So far I only have a PS-2... here are the games I have

Star Wars Ep I (PS)
    Final Fantasy VII (PS)
    Final Fantasy IX (PS)
    Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    The Sims (PS2)
    SW Bounty Hunter (PS2)
    SW Clone Wars (PS2)
    Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
    Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)

Then I have my GameBoy Advance
    Lord of the rings TTT
    SW AOTC
    Super Mario
    Scorpion King
    A Shrek racing game

6. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Not that this directly ties into the thread, but I finally finished KOTOR. Friggin' Darth Malak was killing me for weeks. I stopped playing it for about a month and started again last night. Needless to say, I was dragging at work 'cause of my late night!

7. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Oh well that still counts as fitting in this thread

8. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Good news! I might be getting a GameCube for Christmas! Hehe wish me luck with that!

9. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Good luck! I have a GameCube, I'm lovin it. I just bought F-Zero GX the other day, and now I'm so addicted.

10. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    right now im big into Halo PC, its absolutly awesome, wspecially playing on LANs here at school.

the other game i play alot is Medal of Honor: Spearhead. i am a member of the PMOH guild, which is one of the coolest guilds out there.

11. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I gotta get a better computer so I can try Halo out.

12. WomackD

Aug 20, 2003

I thought this was an interesting tibit about the games and the DVD release:

Rebel X
    In other Star Wars-related news, we've heard that the Rogue Squadron trilogy of games (Rogue Squadron (N64), Rogue Leader (GCN), Rebel Strike (GCN)) is making its way to the 'Box in late 2004 to coincide with the DVD release of the first three movies (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi). Referred to internally as "Rebel X," rumor has it that the three titles will be bundled together for one supreme Star Wars package. No word yet on any additions/enhancements to the titles, but anything's a possibility.

With the Rogue games being some of the GameCube's strongest titles, the end of exclusivity may spell trouble for Nintendo. We'd like to assume that the success of Star Wars games on the Xbox, especially KOTOR, has made Factor 5 rethink its current position and move on to better sales and a more profitable future. Does this spell the end of Star Wars game development on the GameCube? Not necessarily, but with support for Nintendo's console steadily declining we'd be surprised to hear of any new LucasArts games coming out for the system. Of course, this has little relevance to the next generation of consoles, but for the GameCube, Rebel Strike may be it.

13. MasterJedi78

MasterJedi78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    my Favorite games

1. CLone Wars
    2. Knights of the old Republic
    3. Jedi Outcast
    4. Obi-wan
    5. Ghost Recon
    6. Madden 2003

14. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    The new SW game for GameCube looks really cool! My mom saw the commercial first and she was all "Look Lindsey!" And I got all happy (like I always do when I see a Star Wars commercial) It was Admiral Ackbar! YAY!

15. WomackD

Aug 20, 2003
    The Webpage for the new Star Wars game: Rebel strike has some great movies of the game.. you should check it out. you actually get to board the death star and save leia.. pretty cool stuff.

16. WomackD

Aug 20, 2003
    Just thought i would inform everyone that this week at Toysrus:

Buy 2 GameCube Games, get one free.. Sale ends on Sunday.. ( Rebel Strike, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Outcast, that would be a great Star Wars library.) GameCubes are now only $99 too.

Starting Sunday: Buy 2 PS2 or Xbox games, get one free.. Sale lasts one week..

*since I already have Knights of the Old Republic (best SW game ever), ill probably get some sports titles and Pre-order Jedi Academy as my Free game.*

17. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    WomackD...thanks for the Nintendo tip! I just got myself a X-Box last weekend.....perhaps a Gamecube for this weekend.....now how do I tell Yvonne it is a necessary thing to have....aw yes...Wallace & Grommit is coming for the Cube....the system will be for her! ;)

18. DarkHaven_X

DarkHaven_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Halos great but only if your on my team.
    Jedi Acadamey is the sweetest thing ive every played (expecpt war games in the military) lol- im so adicted to seige play.
    Diablo 2x dont know why i still have this and still play but i do and im trying to get rid of it maby ill ebay my 10 acounts.
    KOTOR - great game but I want more more more when I killed malak i was more evil than Darth Sisious I pry for KOTOR ex pac.
    tony hawk series is cool.
    Mechwarrior is great.
    Jedi outcast is taken over by academy but with mods is just about the same.

I have 2 pcs and xbox with many more games that are ok.

My nintendos are in the attic

19. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Well, I gave TRU's "buy 2, get 1 free" thing a shot online. I couldn't make it work with Rebel Strike. The deal is only for select games and you must choose 3 priced at $49.99 (or 3 priced at $39.99). Rogue Squadron III just happens to be $49.87. WTF?!!

Thanks for nothing, Toys R Us.

20. WomackD

Aug 20, 2003
    I know of two people that picked up Rebel Strike with the Toysrus deal.. Maybe visiting the store makes the difference?

21. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Right you are. I hit the west side TRU on the way home today and came away with Soul Caliber II, Rebel Strike, and a free copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The in-store rules for the deal are much more relaxed. All games are eligible. The computer automatically gives you the lowest priced game free, should you choose games with different prices.

I would've liked to do it online, 'cause they had Jedi Outcast and Batman (Shin Tzu). However, I'm more than happy to have snagged SC 2 and TMNT. Thanks for the tip, WomackD.

One more thing - Thank you Jennifer*.

*She's the very helpful "R-Zone" employee that found Rebel Strike and TMNT for me, as they were not on the floor.

22. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    if they had been nice to me and given me a job, then maybe I could have helped you instead.

By the way, I got a new game recently
    dotHACK//infection

GREAT game!!

23. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Any word on how long the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale is gonna last?

Never mind, found it. Offer expires tomorrow.

24. WomackD

Aug 20, 2003
    Toysrus gamecube sale ends tomarrow, but the ps2 and xbox game sale starts sunday.

25. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Aww,man! I was hoping it would last till Christmas!!! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.