~*Video Game Thread*~

Discussion in 'Albuquerque, NM' started by LadyNaberrie, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Here's another one:

Planeshift

It's still in beta, though...
  2. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    Ignore the anarchy online-I just talked to some people doing it and they said its awful. A lot of hateful people in there but its your choice. I just know I am staying away now.

He said he sat there in horror watching like 50 guys spew anti-semitism for almost an hour to a person who mentined they were jewish over the weekend.
  3. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Runescape here's another one, it's not the greatest but it's fun!

I play as LadyNaberrie on world 34.
  4. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    I just recently picked up the GBA SP. I have a single game for it, Super Mario Advanced 4 (which is really SMB3). I also have a couple of REALLY OLD original GB games (Street Fighter II and Star Wars - of course). They play on it, which makes me happy.

But does anyone have games they'd recommend for the SP? Anyone have any games I can borrow? Because I'm poor and owe people money and things? :D
  5. Salvan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im a huge Xbox fan. I have both KOTOR games, I honestly think the best one is KOTOR II because the story rocks! Both Halo games are kickin. I have a couple football games, Yes I love star wars and sports lol, I also have Tony Hawk 3, MEdal of Honor and MoH: Rising sun, splinter cell, Ghost Recon and Xmen Legends.

Now on to PC games...Im a big Age of Empires fan. I have AoE and ROR the expansion. Age II and the conquerors expansion, which I play kind of frequently on the zone.com. Naturally I have star wars games, Jedi OUtcast and acadamy, Battlefront, galactic battle grounds (which is based on the Aoe II rts engine), Galaxies and the JTL expansion, Counterstrike, and a few other games Im forgeting I know.

Man looking at that list no wonder my wife thinks Im a game addict:).
  6. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    OOOH! Another CS fan. What version and what servers do you play on?
  7. Outpour Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm an avid CS player as well. I generally play source, though 1.6 occasionally.
  8. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Cool. I don't have CS Source (my machine won't run it). So I usually play 1.6. What servers you play?
  9. Salvan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I havent played CS in a while :( unfortunatly. Last time I checked you had to become a member of the Counter-strike.net site to d/l the newest update and I didnt have the money to do that. I dont think it was even very expensive but Im a poor dude lol. CS is still one of my favorite games though and I just played on any fast server;)
  10. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Tommorrow is the day! Republic Commando will be out! I see Best Buy will have it for $39.99. I will be getting my copy on the way home from work tommorow afternoon!
  11. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    I thought it came out yesterday?
  12. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Everywhere I've looked online says the release date for RC was 3/1.
  13. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    except....no one will have it till tomorrow
  14. black_8ight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Republic Commando!!! Who wants to play online?
  15. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked mine up this morning!
  16. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    I DO I DO I DO!!!

Oh, wait, I don't have it.

I don't have an XBox, either. Even if I had it, my computer would not run it. I need a new computer. Someone wanna help me out?

Or does someone wanna help me get a free ipod? :D

Does anyone have a Gameboy Advance? or the GASP?
  17. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Bob...I demand you to go to your local retail outlet and purchase a X-Box....while you are there....get Republic Commando and Battlefront!

Now move it Trooper!
  18. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    SIR, YES SIR!

But I don't want an X-Box...
  19. Salvan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I want it but no Money:(
  20. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    But I don't want an X-Box

but they are so much fun! i love mine so much! whenever I get to see it since I am sharing custody of it at the moment...
  21. black_8ight Jedi Knight

star 3
    "But I don't want an X-Box."

Whaaa??? :eek:

That's the most baffling statement I've heard anyone make since
    "Hayden Christensen to play Anakin Skywalker."
  22. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    :D Republic Commando!!! Ilove it!! Republic Commando!!! Ilove it!! Republic Commando!!! Ilove it!! Republic Commando!!! Ilove it!! Republic Commando!!! Ilove it!! Republic Commando!!! :D
  23. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
    I feel your pain, Bob. I wanted Republic Commando but my PC is virtually un-upgradable with the exception of memory. For all the trouble it would take to replace the motherboard on the Dell to actually get some modern upgrade slots, I'd be better off just selling the damn thing and building my own. Sunova...

The sad thing is that I just bought this PC. My boss gave me a decent deal on it and I thought I was doing a good thing by helping him get rid of something he didn't use. It's light years ahead of the PC it replaced, but it's still not enough to properly run modern games like Half-Life 2 or RC. Grrrr...I don't want an X-Box either...guess I'll just keep bitching about it until I make a decision to remedy the situation.
  24. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    We'll bitch about it together, man.
  25. Bloodclaw65 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dude X-box $149.99 better than $1800.00 on a computer that is already obsolete of the shelf.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.