Spring, MO Video Games

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by KOB, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Since we kinda hijacked the Christmas thread, we can instead discuss video games here. :D
  2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought for sure we had a general video game discussion thread here... Ah well.

Anyways, my favorite games include:
    X-Wing Alliance (My personal favorite)
    Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2nd best. ;) )
    Galactic Battlegrounds
    Aliens Vs. Predator 2
    Nascar Racing 2003 Season
    Worms World Party
    Crazy Taxi (Shame I can't get it to work on my PC. :( )
    WWII Fighters (Shame I can't get it to work on my PC anymore... :( )
    Episode I Racer (Shame I can't... Never mind, you know. :( )

Yeah, ever since I got XP, some of my games won't work anymore, and it's no use to buy new ones, they won't work either. I need a new PC.
  3. Darthtrader Jedi Master

star 1
    Who has time for video games?
  4. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    On Zoo Tycoon I made this HUGE zoo with a jurassic park section and a marine park. It's funny to watch Great White Sharks perform in a show, but if you have ant other animal tanks connected to the show tank, the sharks will go into their tank and eat them... [face_laugh]
  5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Who has time for video games?

I don't much anymore... Sad. :( But, I have better things to do. :D
  6. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Who has time? Me! Thats most of my daily life, especially since winter break has come around. I would say daily I log an hour to 2 on first person shooters, mainly counter strike, but that is down because I got bit by the galaxies bug again, and am logging a good 3 hours a day doing that.
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Neither Randy nor I are alowed to play purely online video games. But I always wanted to try galaxies just to see.

My all time favorite is Galactic Battlegrounds. That just wins on so many levels for me. I like the Sims too, and the rest of the SimCity type games. Tomb Raider is really cool. It's nice to have a female hero once in a while. Even if she's just there for the guys. Outcast is so-so, interesting story line at least.

Man, now I wanna play ZooTycoon and I can't cause Jon's coming over!
  8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I have Tomb Raider III, got tired of playing it because the puzzles were way too much. Not enough action in the game.

Man, now I wanna play ZooTycoon and I can't cause Jon's coming over!

Play it anyways, he can be your inspiration to build a new zoo. ;) LOL!
  9. RogueCoralskipper Jedi Padawan

My favorite games are probably Halo2 and the original KOTOR.
  10. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Welcome to the group Coral!
  11. Maygin Jedi Knight

star 1
    My brother brought home Battlegrounds on PS2 over Thanksgiving and I bet I put in probably 15 hours on that thing in a matter of three days... that may not sound like much to some of you, but for a newbie... I LOVE That game though!!

I'm also an HUGE fan of (don't laugh) all the MYST games! Graphics are amazing!!
  12. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I played the original Myst, but couldnt' really get into it too much. Too much thinking and absolutely no action.

However, I've read a few of the books and they're pretty good.
  13. Maygin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I played the original Myst, but couldnt' really get into it too much. Too much thinking and absolutely no action.

Yeah the game kinda requires intelligence... I can see why you didn't like it. ;)

I also have to agree with you on the books!! They have beautiful imagery!
  14. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Score a point for Maygin! I think I like you more now, insulting Jon :)
  15. Maygin Jedi Knight

star 1
    That means a lot to me Dajuan... it really does. :_| Does anyone have a tissue or something?
  16. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://perlmeister.com/rundbrief.archiv/20010310/images/kleenex.jpg]

And I have no problem with thinking. I just want a break sometimes, and thus I don't play games that require nothing but.
  17. Maygin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guess what! My roommate and I have been dog-sitting this, um dog... the past two weeks and we're buying a PS2 with the money we earned! [face_dancing] I am sooo excited! Battlefronts is going to be one of my first purchases!
  18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    That's pretty cool. I've never had a console system before...
  19. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    EWWWWWWWWWW! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! Get an xbox! PS2 is the bane of all that is good in this world!
  20. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    PS2 has FF X, X-2, and all the other games that are green and good in this world. What are you thinking?
  21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    PS2 has all of the role-playing games and some with cartoony characters that once you finish the game you will never remember again. X-Box has all of the good, memorable titles like KOTOR, Halo, etc. More action titles than PS2. Plus the graphics are a WHOLE lot better.
  22. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Do they make Grand Theft Auto for the X-Box? I've had more fun playing this game than any other in recent years.

I still don't have the new one though. Gotta get it.

23. Maygin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, well for starters I've never heard of KOTOR er, whatever it is, so no problem there.

Secondly, most of the money is my roommates because it was really her gig (even if the dog loved me more) and she wanted an PS2.

And thirdly... PS2 has FF X, X-2, and all the other games that are green and good in this world. LOL [face_laugh]

Sorry guys... You're bringing me down man!!
  24. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Ummmm, KOTOR=Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. And Tim, I think that was Tim, GTA will eventually be released for Xbox, just like the last 2 were, but for now its a PS2 Exclusive. Though I still don't see what the rest of the world sees in that game.
  25. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    If all you want is games in which you go around and shoot things and have no plot line, sure XBox is fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.