main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Video Games

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by KOB, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. large_mammal

large_mammal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    If anyone has the opportunity to play the new Lego Star Wars for the PS2 or XBox... you should.
    Too. Much. Fun. I just unlocked little Lego Vader and Leia characters yesterday and now I can't stop playing this game.

2. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Hey Ken!
    I checked the website and it said that it is already out one one page, but on another it had it under Coming Soon.
    Here is a link for some info on the game.
    http://www.hypnotix.com/pages/games_outlaw_golf2.html

I was there, but didn't see anything about a PC release. Where exactly did you see it?

3. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    On the main page is said a avaliable now.

But that might be for X-box or PS2.

I'll check again.

Edit: It says available on X-box and PS2, not out yet on PC.

Sorry Ken.

4. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks anyway, Brother!

5. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Hey Ken,

I got in touch with someone at the company and they said there are no plans for Outlaw Golf 2 to be released on PC.

Sorry Dude! :(

6. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Empire at War, the Star Wars RTS game with original gameplay is slated to ship next Febuary. Now, observing how most games have been shipping lately, this means in December they will delay it till May, then later they will delay it till October. But then again most games I watch are fps's that are much more graphics intense than this. So I am trying to remain optimistic it will be out in Feb. I must say the screenshots are looking pretty impressive.

Oh, and I don't know if its a pre-order thing only, but the lucas Arts website says that when you order the game you get a free mouspad.

7. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Hey, to those of you that I have told recently that I lost my copy of Outcast, I found it today.

8. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, so Battlefront 2 comes out in a couple weeks, anybody planning on buying it? If so, what system? I'm still debating getting it, if I do it will be PC.

9. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    At this point, I'm pretending that I'll have the willpower not to buy it. We all know that once I'm in the store getting the DVD, there's no hope of resisting the game, however. ;) Definitely PC for me.

10. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I'll more than likely get it for the PS2

11. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
  12. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Only about a week left til B2 and ROTS DVD!!!!!!! :)

13. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Battlefront 2 is fun! A little dissapointed they rehashed old maps but the new features sure are fun. If you don't own the first one buy this one. If you do own it, rent the new one. You should also buy it if you have a strange compulsion to own everything Star Wars, but there's no one here like that.

14. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I might buy it but I think I'm going to wait for Empire at War. That looks really cool from what little I have seen on Lucas Arts website. :D

15. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm a bit disappointed in the control system. It's a bit loose for my taste. Especially in the space system where the way the controls are layed out is absolutely terrible. You can't really be trying to hit Alt and Q to do things while steering with the same hand. I think I'm going to have to see if I can get it to accept commands from the additional mouse buttons I have.

I'm also annoyed with the AI. My fellow troopers have a tendency to just stand around instead of helping me out. In the previous game F1 was a command to tell them to follow you. It doesn't work anymore.

16. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    I'm disappointed in the space controls, too, but I haven't taken any time to try to remap keys. I'm (foolishly) optimistic that I'll get used to it.

17. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I've considered remapping them, but I don't think the game is equipped to recognize my 7 button mouse. Other than that, I can't think of any way that's really better than any other to remap them.

Also, I'm having a hell of a time keeping the Jedi archive alive. I've tried that part 12 times now but the Jedi destroy all the bookshelves way to quickly.

Any tips?

18. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, lucasarts site is pissing me off, my game should have shipped yesterday, its getting late and it still hasn't been shipped today. Hopefully I can have it in time to play saturday.

19. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    I probably won't have time to play this weekend, John, so if you don't have your copy you're welcome to borrow mine.

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Blargh! Got to the level where you're getting the Death Star Plans back. I get to the final stage of the mission where you have to take over the hangar to get out. I've got 70+ troops left. What do they do? Stand around my command post and leave me to single handedly take out the entire hangar of 40+ rebels who can regenerate infinately many times. Needless to say, I died horribly.

Stupid ****ing AI.

21. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I've been playing BF2 on X-box and maybe the controls are better there but the AI does suck. What confuses me is that control menu says that a button should control the troops but it doesn't work. Very confusing. All in all I think I enjoy the gameplay in 2 more than 1.

22. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Sounds like they forgot a command somwhere. Looks like we'll be seeing a patch for that in the very near future. For those who bought it for a console, hope you have live so you can get that update.

23. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    *grumble grumble grumble*

Two days after they were supposed to mail me my game lucasarts finally sent me an email saying they are having problems with my credit card. The good news is that if I just ignore them, my order gets cancelled automatically tommorow. So I am on my way out now to go hit Best Buy to buy Battlefront 2. Now the question is do I want to waste the time pre-ordering Empire at War to get the free uber-cool mousepad?

24. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Finally beat the campaign.

The final Hoth level is a bitch. Even getting to run around as Vader doesn't help a whole lot. For some reason he didn't want to turn around after slashing up a rebel, so he'd just stand around getting shot in the back.

However, I must say I love the Conquer the galaxy gameplay. It's much better and your teammates are actually worthwhile there. They can capture command posts now so you don't have to do all the work. Which is good, because there's several levels where I just like sitting around and sniping everyone.

I've also decided I really do like the space battles. Getting to take down their sheilds and board their ship rocks.

25. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    my trigger finger hurts. I wish i had x-box live cause not commanding my troops makes the job all the harder. I have been playing this dumb game since I got it. I'm glad I'm on vaction this week. My trigger fingers are not. Cramps!!! ARGHHH!!!!:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.