main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Video Games

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by KOB, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I wish I had more time to play.:_| Darn packing keeps getting in the way! Seems good so far, though - I'm glad to hear the space combat becomes enjoyable after a while.

2. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I finished the Campaign a couple days ago, and have been doing Conquest since.

Space controls aren't too bad, but your troops AI is the absolute worst while the enemy is far better. Hell I'll die 3 or 4 times a battle because my guys don't help me out. I do pretty good for a 1 againest 100. I avg. about 37 kills per death.

As of right now I have an Elite medal (Endurance), 4 Veteran (Frenzy, War Hero, Guardian, ? ) and a 1 Gunslinger my rank is a Captain I believe.

All in all, I really enjoy the game.

3. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I enjoyed the way they put together the story arc, but the game itself feels like it should have been an expansion pack. On the ground there were very few additions, the only real change was the addition of the jedi. And I agree, the AI feels like it was written by the guys who did the original Command and Conquer.

4. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    just discovered the Ewokhunting level and Jabbas place on Instant Action! Awesome! I enjoy playing it on a whole new level.

5. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    *Long string of profanities guaranteed to get me banned*

Well, they are trying their hardest, but so far I am resisting. It seems that once this new batch of changes goes into place, the only thing I would recognize about Galaxies will be the graphics. The combat revamp that happened a while back was supposed to fix most of what I didn't like, and they are currently reworking just about everything else I didn't like. Now the only thing keeping me from the game is all the friends they drove away, and the "Rage of the Wookies" Expansion. Damn them all, at this rate they are going to steal my soul (and free time) again.

6. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Ok, you gamers out there...I have a question. Do any of you have any idea why the PS2 (the wider one) won't play newer games such as SW Lego or the Sims? The games seem to be playing fine on the neighbors (which is a slim version) but not on ours...

7. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Do your older games still work on it?

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Yep. It seems to be only the ones with the purple coloring on them that don't work.

9. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    I have the same problem with my older PS2 and Lego Star Wars. I've already opened up the PS2 and adjusted the laser once to fix disc read errors (which worked) but I haven't had a chance to try again to get Lego SW to play. I'll let you know if I have any luck.
    EDIT: after some searching on the net, it looks like several people have had luck just standing the PS2 on its end rather than laying it flat. Easy to try, anyway.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool! I'll have them try that. Thanks for looking!

11. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    heard rumors of a jedi Outcast type Vader game that takes place between Eps 3 and 4. How freaking cool is that? Huh? Huh?:oops:

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    That would be SWEET.

13. Tovel_Cond

Tovel_Cond Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    The problem with the newer games not being played properly is because if system upgrades. It's to keep the "cheater programs" such as Game Shark and other cheating aids from getting the upper hand. Well, that and as technology grows, the games become more advanced and need newer technology to read them. The older systems might not be quite strong enough OR have the right ID codes in the system to run the game.

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We did tried Susan's trick of laying it on its side and it worked. So I don't think that is it. I had wondered though, since computer software does a similar thing... :)

15. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I liked my game Genie. It helped me beat Mike Tyson.

16. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, well I just started downloading the Empire at War demo. Unfortunatly at least for the moment its a gamespot exclusive. So unless you want to pay for their subscription fee, its a slow download (currently running about 13 kb/s) and its at really long download(12-18 hours). Guess I'm waiting for somebody to get a torrent going.

17. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    I plan on getting Empire when it comes out in a few weeks.

I just overhauled my computer with a new graphics card and everything. Which means it will be good for like 6-7 months until an undated one comes out that is 10x faster. :rolleyes:

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Boy isn't that truth... :p

19. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, just finished beating the demo, I was dissappointed in the demo because I think they locked out too much. It was a great help because the game is confusing at first, and I'd rather know how to play before I start playing the game for real. But they knocked the game down to a version in which you have one space and one land battle, and they locked out most of the units. You get a total of four space and four land units(and you can only build three of the land units).

20. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
  21. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Has anyone played Battle for Middlearth II?

It is an awesome game, I highly recommend it!

22. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    Nintendo finally announced the official name for their new console: Wii

Seriously....

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
  24. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I already miss gamecube.

25. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    that is a horrible name! French sounding?? I liked revolution, went well with their new controller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.